Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 2nd Dec 09, 12:28 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Vodafone unveils iPhone prices
    • 2nd Dec 09, 12:28 PM
    MSE News: Vodafone unveils iPhone prices 2nd Dec 09 at 12:28 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Mobile phone giant Vodafone will muscle into the iPhone market on 14 January with its UK launch of the popular handset ..."

Read the full story:
    Vodafone unveils iPhone prices

These threads have been merged to avoid duplication. Thanks to talkalot for the original post.
    Last edited by MSE Guy; 21-12-2009 at 2:06 PM.
Page 1
    • talkalot
    • By talkalot 21st Dec 09, 9:03 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    talkalot
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:03 AM
    Vodafone IPhone Price plans
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:03 AM
    For anyone who needs the IPhone on Vodafone. Details of their price plans have just been released.http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/iphone-3gs
    • hotlatte
    • By hotlatte 21st Dec 09, 9:09 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hotlatte
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:09 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:09 AM
    For anyone who needs the IPhone on Vodafone. Details of their price plans have just been released.http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/iphone-3gs
    Originally posted by talkalot
    nice one mate you are a star
    • hotlatte
    • By hotlatte 21st Dec 09, 9:13 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    hotlatte
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:13 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:13 AM
    absolute rubbish plans not much of a competition with orange or O2 and not selling on Pay and go as yet.

This has just helped me finalising my decision of getting it on pay and go.
    • CG19a
    • By CG19a 21st Dec 09, 9:22 AM
    • 764 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    CG19a
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:22 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 9:22 AM
    For me, the unlimited text package would be a winner. The free vodafone to vodafone calls could be popular too if you have a lot of people on vodafone to call.
    • kte
    • By kte 21st Dec 09, 10:01 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    kte
    • 21st Dec 09, 10:01 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 10:01 AM
    Does anyone know how the PAC code transfer will work as this is a preorder? I want to move from T-mobile to Vodafone for the iphone and it says I need to PAC code now to buy online but the phone isn't released till 14th Jan...

Was hoping to order mine today as I notice quidco haven't changed their offer yet for the 90 for a monthly contract...orange did this quickly to exclude the iphone...
    Vodafone site also has the older model available for free on the 35/month contract...
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 21st Dec 09, 10:56 AM
    • 5,337 Posts
    • 1,778 Thanks
    Jon 01
    • 21st Dec 09, 10:56 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 10:56 AM
    A pac's valid for 30 days (and take 3 day to come through) so if you order yours today, you should get it (the pac) by the 24th. When you get the phone and activate the sim the port will go though and your old number will move over in a few days...
  • tt3
    • 21st Dec 09, 11:00 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 11:00 AM
    The Vodafone tariffs are pretty good if you're a heavy texter, though they are lacking on minutes. The price of the phone is cheaper too.
    • Nikkisun
    • By Nikkisun 21st Dec 09, 11:54 AM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 874 Thanks
    Nikkisun
    • 21st Dec 09, 11:54 AM
    • 21st Dec 09, 11:54 AM
    deleted - blonde moment!!
    Last edited by Nikkisun; 21-12-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    xxx Nikki xxx
    • gjchester
    • By gjchester 21st Dec 09, 12:13 PM
    • 5,603 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    gjchester
    absolute rubbish plans not much of a competition with orange or O2 and not selling on Pay and go as yet.
    Originally posted by hotlatte
    It's been repeatedly said Apple control the pricing and plans on iPhone. And despite a lot of MSE talking up the fact more networks means more competition, it was always on the cards that all the networks would have to play ball with Apple or suffer stock shortages.

If you want the must have phone you have to pay Apples price.
    • Twister84
    • By Twister84 21st Dec 09, 8:24 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Twister84
    The phone seems more expensive than what O2 have on offer.

Was there thinking Vodafone would bring out contracts that were a bit more competitive. Yeah, let's just give them Unlimited Texts instead of 1200! -.-

The "upgrades" to iPhone are pants too - has anyone tried haggling?
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion

• p1tse
    i would be interested if anyone has haggled for something better than the current prices.

i know the likes of other network providers offer such as friends and family with 30% diso!!!! on tarfiff, so there must be some moveabilty
  • miketrim

This has just helped me finalising my decision of getting it on pay and go.
    Originally posted by hotlatte
    my feelings exactly and im sure alot of others feel the same
    • whatmichaelsays
    • By whatmichaelsays 23rd Dec 09, 7:19 AM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 5,255 Thanks
    whatmichaelsays
    Whilst the networks were subsidising the phone, there was never going to be a "price war". I can't believe how many "experts" couldn't / refused to realise this.

Vodafone and Orange are not using the iPhone as a sales tool. Vodafone have openly admitted that selling the iPhone was more about customer retention rather than customer acquisition. Orange have made similar noises.
  • Djimi
    iphone on other operators
    An alternative to avoid paying hefty tariffs/call charges is to get an unlocked iphone. By getting an official unlocked phone you can then bring it back to apple if anything goes wrong and it is still within a year. Unofficially unlocked phones require someone to hack the software which will void any warranty.

O2 are now advertising that all customers on monthly contracts can get their phones unlocked free of charge and pay & Go customers can get it unlocked for 15 after 1 yr of use. So no doubt there will be people willing to sell their free upgrades.

If you can get an unlocked phone it is then possible to use any of the networks and potentially get a much cheaper deal. 3 are currently offering 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for 15/month. As 3 is already on a 3G network this should work well with the web services on iphone.

Also note currently Hong kong sell their iphones already unlocked if you can get hold of one.
    • abby1234519
    • By abby1234519 23rd Dec 09, 8:10 PM
    • 1,899 Posts
    • 3,031 Thanks
    abby1234519
    im considering an iphone on vodafone, ive got an original however am a tad bored so not sure whether i fancy upgrading or just getting a blackbery!
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: 25,158.71 21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 3803.55
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,860Posts Today

3,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin