Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 13th Jun 06, 8:00 PM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    • 13th Jun 06, 8:00 PM
    • 13th Jun 06, 8:00 PM
    frozen bananas have the same sort of texture as a mini milk.

just peel, wrap in food wrap or pop in a sandwich bag and then freeze.
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • atrebor
    • 13th Jun 06, 8:01 PM
    • 13th Jun 06, 8:01 PM
    ooh sounds nice and vaguely rings a few bells from weight watchers a few years ago. will try.....
  • Littlemiss-lotsofdebt
    • 13th Jun 06, 9:06 PM
    • 13th Jun 06, 9:06 PM
    Have some in the freezer at the moment, not very OS I know but very low in calories - 28 to 30 each depending on flavour
    Its nice to be important but more important to be nice!
    • Alikay
    • By Alikay 13th Jun 06, 9:20 PM
    • 4,926 Posts
    • 13,287 Thanks
    Alikay
    • 13th Jun 06, 9:20 PM
    • 13th Jun 06, 9:20 PM
    I've made lollies by freezing Angel Delight (own-brand versions of it) and they're lovely. Can snap easily though if you use skinny lolly moulds, coz of the bubbly texture, but use the chunkier lolly makers and they're fine. The chocolate ones are my favourites!
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 14th Jun 06, 1:13 AM
    • 9,818 Posts
    • 24,069 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    • 14th Jun 06, 1:13 AM
    • 14th Jun 06, 1:13 AM
    sounds lovely!

been having trouble finding lolly moulds this year.

think mr tescos is deliberately hiding them from me
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
    • lynzpower
    • By lynzpower 14th Jun 06, 1:46 AM
    • 24,745 Posts
    • 39,940 Thanks
    lynzpower
    • 14th Jun 06, 1:46 AM
    • 14th Jun 06, 1:46 AM
    P-dog

try pundstretchers they usually have them or wilkos
    Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast
    • mollymunchkin
    • By mollymunchkin 14th Jun 06, 7:41 AM
    • 955 Posts
    • 2,679 Thanks
    mollymunchkin
    • 14th Jun 06, 7:41 AM
    • 14th Jun 06, 7:41 AM
    Try these:

Raspberry & Strawberry Milky Lolly
    Serves 4

* 16 x Raspberries (80g)
    * 10x Strawberries (150g)
    * 100ml Natural Low Fat Bio Yoghurt
    * 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk

1. Slice up the fruit.
    2. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
    3. Divide into 4 lolly makers and freeze over night

Banana & Chocolate Lolly
    Serves 4

* 2 Medium Bananas
    * 3 Tbsp Natural Low Fat Bio Yogurt
    * 6 Drops of Vanilla Extract (Optional)
    * 60g Dairy Milk Chocolate
    * 2 Tbsp Semi Skimmed Milk

1. Chop the Banana.
    2. Put the chopped banana, yoghurt and vanilla extract into the blender and blend till smooth.
    3. Divide the mix from the blender equally into 4 lolly makers and pop in the fridge.
    4. Break the chocolate up into pieces and put it in a glass bowl with the milk.
    5. Half fill a pan with water and heat it up on the hob so it boils.
    6. Now place the bowl with the chocolate in over the water and continuously stir it so the chocolate blend together.
    7. When you have a good melted chocolate mixture take the bowl off of the water (mind the steam) and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
    8. Now top up the lolly makers with the chocolate mixture and freeze over night

HTH
    • thriftmonster
    • By thriftmonster 14th Jun 06, 7:58 AM
    • 1,653 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    thriftmonster
    • 14th Jun 06, 7:58 AM
    • 14th Jun 06, 7:58 AM
    I got my lolly moulds last year in Matalan, if you have one near you
  • Thriftylady
    I love mini milks, they take me right back to childhood. But does anyone know of a supermarket that sells multipacks of mini milks which don't include the chocolate or strawberry ones ? Just the plain old original mini milks.....my local Tescos only sell the assorted flavours......
    • Rachie B
    • By Rachie B 14th Jun 06, 9:10 AM
    • 8,719 Posts
    • 5,329 Thanks
    Rachie B
    frozen bananas have the same sort of texture as a mini milk.

just peel, wrap in food wrap or pop in a sandwich bag and then freeze.
    by pavlovs_dog
    can freeze em in their skins too

mmmmmmmmmmm molly they sound gorge !!!
  • jcr16
    i got my lolly mould in somerfield. makes 8 lolly and it was 99p. i bought it a couple weeks ago and they had loads ( isle of wight store ) they make nice chunky lollys aswell. gonna try the angel delight as my daugther loves the mini milks. i buy morrisons own for 79p for 10 i think. but i always love saving money. and making my own gives more satisfaction.
    Very proud mummy to 4 wonderful children aged 8,7 and 4 and 1 months. And our beautiful little angel in heaven she will never be forgotten .My children and Husband are my world.I'm a sahm and enjoying every minute to the full even if sometimes it can seem a bit tough x
    • Blairweech
    • By Blairweech 26th Aug 12, 12:20 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 16,273 Thanks
    Blairweech
    Does anyone know how to make homemade mini milks without ice crystals forming in them? Tried freezing milkshake and it tastes ok but is full of crystals, not smooth like the shop ones
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 26th Aug 12, 12:25 PM
    • 25,658 Posts
    • 105,072 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Minimilks taste like they're made from UHT milk/cream.

Maybe that will make a difference to the texture?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
  • adelight
    Does anyone know how to make homemade mini milks without ice crystals forming in them? Tried freezing milkshake and it tastes ok but is full of crystals, not smooth like the shop ones
    Originally posted by Blairweech
    The quick speed of freezing in commercial production contributes greatly to the texture and stops the ice crystals.
    I find yogurts (especially petit filous) work better to create a mini milk texture. Plain natural yogurt with blended fruit mixed in would be delicious I reckon.
    Last edited by adelight; 26-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Living cheap in central London
    • Valli
    • By Valli 26th Aug 12, 1:04 PM
    • 21,155 Posts
    • 239,314 Thanks
    Valli
    I used to freeze angel delight (own brand though) when the Vallikids were younger - already been mentioned, but worth reiterating IMO
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
  • EleanorNellynora
    I love mini milks, they take me right back to childhood. But does anyone know of a supermarket that sells multipacks of mini milks which don't include the chocolate or strawberry ones ? Just the plain old original mini milks.....my local Tescos only sell the assorted flavours......
    Originally posted by Thriftylady
    Hey, you can get them from Iceland they do their own brand which come in just stawberry or mixed without choccie. They also have minimilk style ice creams with popping candy in
    • want_to_save
    • By want_to_save 28th Jul 13, 2:20 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    want_to_save
    we have started making up instant whip and freezing in lolly mould mmmm
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 28th Jul 13, 2:49 PM
    • 6,446 Posts
    • 47,313 Thanks
    joedenise
    Mr S do their own brand vanilla only mini milk lollies. I think they were 1.30 a box or 2 for 2.

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,735Posts Today

7,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin