Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • catford
    • By catford 25th Nov 09, 11:05 AM
    • 1,091Posts
    • 87Thanks
    catford
    Bad builder forum
    • 25th Nov 09, 11:05 AM
    Bad builder forum 25th Nov 09 at 11:05 AM
    Is there a site or forum anywhere to expose and discuss poor builders and warn others off ?
    I am in the process of having a loft conversion done and it's a bl**dy nightmare.
    I would love to find out the truth about my builders reputation...not their version of it.:rolleyes:
Page 5
    • Ultra64
    • By Ultra64 11th May 18, 5:10 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Ultra64
    So, I am about to complete on a new build property. Not only is the development 15 months late, and they have not put in my built in wardrobes that are clearly on the plans...but I went to do the snagging and it looks like it's years old already. I tried contacting the company the developers have their warranty under but they said it's snagging issues and they don't deal with that. So I called NHBC, they said the developers are not registered with them. I don't know where to turn next? I'm not allowed to add pictures as I am new user here.
    • Elderlylady
    • By Elderlylady 14th Jun 18, 10:31 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Elderlylady
    Please advise
    Hello. Can someone advise where to go to have photos looked at.

We have builder work which seems to be very poor but we're not experts and the builder wants more money to finish but what he's done is a bit of a mess.

Please let us know who or where be best....Thanks.
    • z101uk
    • By z101uk 26th Jun 18, 3:32 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    z101uk
    Negligent builder
    We are still reeling and undoing the mistakes made by this builder. Essentially, nice bloke but no project management whatsoever, never took responsibility for mistakes. Aggressive responses, no client management whatsoever. Finishing is just awful. Always promised to oversee and ensure everything was ok but we were left to having to redo a lot of the finishes as it was just awful.

Stav Christou, London. Works with Space120 and was recommended by them.
    • letsbehonest
    • By letsbehonest 10th Jul 18, 9:48 AM
    • 951 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    letsbehonest
    BBC Watchdog is a good place.
    "Imagination is more Important than knowledge"
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 10th Jul 18, 9:55 AM
    • 4,717 Posts
    • 4,700 Thanks
    DoaM
    Essentially, nice bloke .............. Aggressive responses
    Originally posted by z101uk
    These statements appear mutually exclusive. How can he be a nice bloke yet give aggressive responses?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • snurbi
    • By snurbi 10th Sep 18, 3:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    snurbi
    Cowboy Roof Contractor Essex BEWARE
    New Style Building & Roofing Ltd replaced my roof with sub-standard materials and very poor workmanship. They used a scaffolder who erected illegal scaffolding and mounted scaffolding directly on top of my weak garage roof causing structural damage. They did not use a chute or netting to prevent debris falling from the roof and scaffold and were throwing tiles and debris from the roof into a skip, and the roofers were observed working dangerously on the roof. Falling debris caused damage to my property, including broken waste pipe, broken aerial, badly damaged garage roof, broken leadlight glass in porch,damaged car cover, all amounting to over £800 for me to repair, and finally the local authorityís building inspector refused to pass the work carried out because it did not meet Building Regulations standards. I have been left with a sub-standard roof, done by unskilled workers and the director now refuses to compensate me for the remedial work required to fix my roof after scamming me to pay for work before the job was completed and the building inspector had checked (and failed) the work.
    Listed on Trustatrader, who also refused to remove his listing despite being provided with evidence of the appalling work carried out on my house.
    • DelChest
    • By DelChest 14th Sep 18, 3:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DelChest
    Diappearing Builder - Wilts/Gloucs
    I feel very let down by Martin Gray and his wife Debbie (Dee) Gray who come from Hullavington near Chippenham, Wiltshire and who have abandoned the garage conversion at my home in Cirencester with effect from 27th July 2018 without even fitting the Door & Windows which I had paid for.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,230Posts Today

8,792Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin