Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mutley74
    • By mutley74 6th Aug 04, 3:21 PM
    • 3,835Posts
    • 1,351Thanks
    mutley74
    0 WOW
    blackpool hints and tips please
    • 6th Aug 04, 3:21 PM
    0 WOW
    blackpool hints and tips please 6th Aug 04 at 3:21 PM
    Looking into a trip to Blackpool either this weekend or late august. Possibly traveling with my folks, the Missus and the Kid (3yr old).

Anyone got any tips and dos and donts for places to see/visit with a Kid. Also any suggestions for a good non-smoking B&B/hotel with good parking and decent rates for 1 night (sun night).

cheers ;D
Page 1
    • susieb
    • By susieb 6th Aug 04, 5:05 PM
    • 1,506 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    susieb
    • 6th Aug 04, 5:05 PM
    Re: blackpool hints and tips please
    • 6th Aug 04, 5:05 PM
    Hi
    We went to blackpool last year, the zoo was very good, the miniture village was tired!!
    Stanley park was a great cheap day out, loads of space and nice play equipment.
    We stayed on a Haven site, but I dont think they do 1 day lets.
    Sue
    • susieb
    • By susieb 6th Aug 04, 5:06 PM
    • 1,506 Posts
    • 1,073 Thanks
    susieb
    • 6th Aug 04, 5:06 PM
    • 6th Aug 04, 5:06 PM
    Travellodge have some rooms for£25, could be worth a try.
  • machofairy
    • 6th Aug 04, 5:41 PM
    • 6th Aug 04, 5:41 PM
    Parking should not be a problem. If your B&B does not provide it, here is a massive car park by the football ground that is seldom full. Not too expensive to park overnight.

Best place to lunch is on the first floor of an arcade neat the tower. You cant miss it as it says "10p per cup of tea" on the outside. £2.50 per main meal and kids eat for 50p.

Careful of the sea at the moment - lots of jellyfish about.

• chalky_bertie
    • By chalky_bertie 6th Aug 04, 11:33 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 326 Thanks
    chalky_bertie
    • 6th Aug 04, 11:33 PM
    • 6th Aug 04, 11:33 PM
    you could try;

www.premierlodge.com (1 in Blackpool and 1 in Lytham)

www.travelinn.co.uk (3 in Blackpool)

you may have to click on a link in the top right hand corner
    • mutley74
    • By mutley74 7th Aug 04, 12:00 AM
    • 3,835 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    mutley74
    • 7th Aug 04, 12:00 AM
    • 7th Aug 04, 12:00 AM
    cheers for the tips

tried the accomodation links suggested...but could not find a room.
    May try and take a plunge and look around for a B&B when we get there, i am sure we will find something.
  • Redbeard
    • 7th Aug 04, 11:36 AM
    • 7th Aug 04, 11:36 AM
    Try Laterooms.com. Bargains usuaually availalable for a Sunday night. :-X
  • rocking_horse
    • 7th Aug 04, 12:29 PM
    • 7th Aug 04, 12:29 PM
    I posted this in an earlier thread.

We belong to an internet general disscussion Forum and we had a "meet" at http://mchallshotel.co.uk/
    We were made very welcome as were the several children amongst us.The rooms and linen were clean and the food very good. We paid extra for evening meals.

Whilst it was not a problem to us the hotel is near Funny Girls and a lot of visitors to the bar were gay men and women.
    Most of the hotels in the area north of the Tower are gay run but not nessasarily for gays only.

Normally gay hotels are safe for families as they dont book stag and hen parties.

Tip for casual visitors looking for Blackpool BBs.......The gay hotels normally display rainbow coloured flags or curtains.
    • misty
    • By misty 7th Aug 04, 7:29 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    misty
    • 7th Aug 04, 7:29 PM
    • 7th Aug 04, 7:29 PM
    Hi, Posted this earlier to someone else but if your in the car Farmer Parrs Animal world at fleetwood is good. It's a working farm, you walk round, see the animals, tractor and pony rides, little toy tractors for the kids to play on. Cafe and gift shop, picnic area and outside play area. my son had his 3rd birthday there and all the kids and adults had a brill time. Cheap entry family of 4 £10. Your unlikely to have to pay for a child under 3.

Also anyone visiting in Dec it's brill at Xmas - the best ever Santa and real reindeer.
  • jo_b
    Does anyone know if the Pleasure Beach (including the Big One) is open at this time of year? ???
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 14th Feb 05, 6:48 PM
    • 20,889 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    jellyhead
    is anyone going this weekend? it's the start of the £10 wristbands season, last for about 5 weeks, details on website.
    52% tight
  • forevershopping
    Hi i went to blackpool two weeks ago and it said that the fair opens on 17th february weekends only i think!
    we stayed in the grand metropole hotel £25 per night bed/breakfast and 3 course evening meal,we booked it through the net,i will look for the link and pass it on, large/clean/very freindly hotel.
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 5th Mar 05, 8:43 PM
    • 20,889 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    jellyhead
    we went 19th feb for the opening, it's also open during the week for one week in march but i can't remember which one. ride tickets are still a pound each during these saver weekends and most rides are between 2 and 4 tickets each so it definitely pays to buy a £10 wristband if you intend to go on 3 rides or more.
    52% tight
  • ullyses
    I am a Blackpool resident, if you are looking for B&B accommodation then most family run hotels in the area are under £20 per night (there is about a thousand of them!). Parking is starting to become a problem, though there are plenty of car parks around. The large one near the football stadium is no longer available due to major renovation work.
    Good places to visit are the Pleasure Beach for rides and other attractions, the Sandcastle heated indoor pool with slides and wave machine, the Tower which also includes lots of other activites in its building, the Zoo with its many animals.
    There are many arcades with the latest video games, but this can get quite expensive. At the other end of the scale, you can just enjoy the beach and walking along the Golden Mile for free!
    • sausage
    • By sausage 21st Apr 05, 9:37 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sausage
    Yes it is!
    Me and my 'uva 'alf' went in the Easter break!
    Though we did chicken out of going on it!
    Charles J
    • sausage
    • By sausage 21st Apr 05, 9:38 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sausage
    Sorry...I should've quoted text there.... Yes the Big One is up and running!
  • Sue B
    It's definitely open at weekends, doesn't usually open midweek till May BH. Phone: 0870 4445566 for details.
    • jellyhead
    • By jellyhead 27th Apr 05, 4:07 PM
    • 20,889 Posts
    • 24,217 Thanks
    jellyhead
    i don't mean to sound like a whingebag, but does valhalla EVER work? we go to blackpool at least twice a year and have never seen valhalla in working order. i really want to try it :-(
    52% tight
  • lancsman
    The Pleasure Beach website will give you the opening times

http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,776Posts Today

7,226Users online

Martin's Twitter