Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 7th Jan 05, 7:28 PM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Orange Users Call To/From Abroad for Free
    • 7th Jan 05, 7:28 PM
    Orange Users Call To/From Abroad for Free 7th Jan 05 at 7:28 PM
    Orange currently has a promotion on that if you go into one of its stores it will give both PAYG and contract customers 3 or 5 worth of international calls for free.

To see more go to http://www.orange.co.uk/international/try.html

Also a quick heads up on 17th January I'll publish an article I'm in the middle of writing on the cheapest way to call abroad from your mobile (including how some can permanently do it for free)
Page 1
  • Mr_B
    • 10th Jan 05, 12:34 AM
    Re: Orange Users Call To/From Abroad for Free
    • 10th Jan 05, 12:34 AM
    I understand that you can also get this promotion by calling customer services - it is one of their "Try" offers.

See: http://www.orange.co.uk/personal/try/ for further information.

You will note that some of these offers have mysteriously appeared as part of some of the packages offered by the mobile phone retailers - they sign you up for one when they register your phone (whhc you oculd do personally anyway) but it makes their offers look even better. !Sneakily, there was no reference to this on the paperwork for my OSPS phone that I received last week - it was only when I tried register for Try Orange World today through customer services that they informed me I already had it since last week! You have to cancel it after 30 days/1 month (check conditions for each offer) then it rolls over onto a pay monthly fee - therefore worth checking as otherwise you can get charged for something that you did not even know had been added to your account.

Mr B
  • Edinburghlass
    • 10th Jan 05, 1:08 AM
    • 10th Jan 05, 1:08 AM
    Mr B, also watch out when trying the Orange World or whatever it is called as I was given this to try when phoning an Orange operator about something else. What she didn't tell me was that when you used up the download limit you then started to pay whereas the impression I got was that it was free for 30 days.

Fortunately I discovered that I was paying for it quite quickly.

edit to add: MrB use your free trial to download from the free ringtones site
    • temin
    • By temin 10th Jan 05, 4:36 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    temin
    • 10th Jan 05, 4:36 PM
    • 10th Jan 05, 4:36 PM
    Also beware that if you're on Orange's OVP tarriff(voda anytime 200), you are charged 12p/min for any calls made to customer services ie 150!
  • Mr_B
    • 10th Jan 05, 9:49 PM
    • 10th Jan 05, 9:49 PM
    Thank you for the advice on Orange customer services - I think that I have got round that by using 07973 100150 instead so that it comes from my inclusive minutes?

Many thanks

Mr B
    • dave321
    • By dave321 11th Jan 05, 2:44 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    dave321
    • 11th Jan 05, 2:44 PM
    • 11th Jan 05, 2:44 PM
    Temin
    I'm on the Orange OVP 100 and I have just been told that cust services on 150, are a free call. I questioned it and they check my account and confirmed that these calls are free. I suppose it depends exactly which tarrif you are on.
    Cheers
    • derrick
    • By derrick 11th Jan 05, 4:46 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 2,330 Thanks
    derrick
    • 11th Jan 05, 4:46 PM
    • 11th Jan 05, 4:46 PM
    Numbers to try for Orange from a landline

0800 801080 Switchboard office hours

08000792222 registrations

0800 0791050 CS ?

0800 0790110 CS?

As these numbers are free from a landline,you can try them all at no cost,at least one of them should work
    • Bigoeuf
    • By Bigoeuf 11th Jan 05, 4:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Bigoeuf
    • 11th Jan 05, 4:58 PM
    • 11th Jan 05, 4:58 PM
    Temin
    Further to Dave321's post I am on OVP Vodaphone 200 & calls to customer service -150 - are free on my mobile.
    • faddy
    • By faddy 12th Jan 05, 7:16 PM
    • 488 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    faddy
    • 12th Jan 05, 7:16 PM
    • 12th Jan 05, 7:16 PM
    Call to CS are 10p (flat rate, not 10p/min) on OVP Virgin
  • Art
    Looking at the Orange website it seems to suggest the 5 is for calls made from abroad to the UK. Can the credit also be used making calls from the UK to Europe?

Regards,
    Artmo
  • a1poser
    I quit orange when I found out their call centres are moving to India - Just like LLOYDSTSB.
  • Mr_B
    2 different offers - 1 from UK to abroad, the other from abroad to UK - can only have one Try at a time.

If we all quit companies that relocate to India, then we could end up without any of the big companies to go to! India offer's a highly skilled and highly educated workforce in their call centres for a fraction of the cost (but well paid by comparison to other jobs/careers available out there) - one of the basic principles of a market/capitalist based economy. You could look at it another way - this is helping a third world/developing country to develop : and taking them forward.

Mr B
  • scattycat
    Sorry Mr B, but if Darlington, goes I go. Three contract phones go.

When I call customer services it is because I have a service problem. I need to be understood and to understand. In my dealings with Asian call centres, local knowledge and clarity have been sadly lacking in all cases so far.

Scat
    • bbruce
    • By bbruce 13th Jan 05, 11:39 AM
    • 341 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    bbruce
    Quite true. They are hard to understand and ask you to repeat or spell words that are obvious to a native speaker.
    Dell had so many complaints and started to lose business wholesale so they pulled out of India. ???
  • davetaffy
    I agree with the above coments. I have been working for Orange for a long time. When ever an operator at the Indian call centre answers, we hang up and try again untill we get a UK based English speaking operator.

With regards to to "free calling abroad"

You get £3 of free international calls in "Zone 1" of europe. This is just a one-off , they will only apply it once to your account. Just ask for "Try Roaming"

As for the others, you have:
    Try Text = 30 free
    Try Photo = 15 free
    Try Orange World = 4Mb free (WAP browsing)
    Try International calls = £5 free (just for calling any other country)

Remember, these are just "Tries", which means if you have tried them already, then you wont get them again! It's a way to get you to use the services...

Hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by davetaffy; 10-12-2006 at 7:36 PM.
    • redux
    • By redux 10th Dec 06, 7:44 PM
    • 18,650 Posts
    • 24,932 Thanks
    redux
    The thread's nearly two years old, so it's kind of you to update us. The Try offers have been there all the time
    Last edited by redux; 10-12-2006 at 8:55 PM.
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 11th Dec 06, 1:18 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    jnm21
    Can we access the try offer via text (ie text try OW to ...)?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,640Posts Today

10,085Users online

Martin's Twitter