Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 16th Nov 09, 6:14 PM
    • 1,228Posts
    • 3,559Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread
    • 16th Nov 09, 6:14 PM
    HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread 16th Nov 09 at 6:14 PM
    This thread is specifically to discuss feedback on

HattonGardenMetals.com
    (
    Link)

For a step-by-step guide to flogging old jewellery, see Sell Your Gold.

If you've used this company, please can you tell us the following...
    • When did you use it?
    • What did you send it?
    • How much did it promise you?
    • How much did it deliver?
    • How efficient was the service?
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason?
    • Anything else other people should know?

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thank you for your help

Important note for representatives of gold companies

We will be monitoring the threads, and if we believe any company has got its own representatives to deliberately post positive feedback (or negative on its competitors) it will be deleted, and we will count that as negatively towards any company's reliability and trustworthiness.

Don't miss another deal! Get MoneySavingExpert's Weekly Email
    It's full of new guides, tips, & loopholes; free & spam free
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Page 66
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 10th May 18, 10:37 PM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,487 Thanks
    JDPower
    I was looking into using these guys. Some great feedback on here but what is it with all the one-time posters? Is this HGM spamming the forum? I can't see why they would do this, the "genuine" reviews on here are largely positive. The rest are making me less likely to use them!
    Originally posted by Ash Pole
    They ask people to leave a positive comment here. It's spam by proxy.
    • hawketc
    • By hawketc 7th Jun 18, 3:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hawketc
    Sent my gold off on 6th May, received an email 7th May a.m asking to confirm if I wanted to sell as it differed to my estimate. I confirmed & got more than I thought which went into my bank account that day. Very happy with the service & would use again & highly recommend.
    • Tallaght
    • By Tallaght 7th Jun 18, 4:17 PM
    • 736 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    Tallaght
    Why are all posts praising HGM from people with just one or two posts ?
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 7th Jun 18, 5:06 PM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,487 Thanks
    JDPower
    Why are all posts praising HGM from people with just one or two posts ?
    Originally posted by Tallaght
    They ask customers to spam, sorry, POST here with positive reviews..
    • Davina40
    • By Davina40 8th Jun 18, 7:25 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Davina40
    I used them to buy a kurgerrand a few weeks ago. No problems, all very smooth. They didn't ask me to post feedback.

Do people really go to the trouble of signing up on here and post once just because HGM ask them to? What's the incentive?
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 8th Jun 18, 4:15 PM
    • 1,590 Posts
    • 1,487 Thanks
    JDPower
    I used them to buy a kurgerrand a few weeks ago. No problems, all very smooth. They didn't ask me to post feedback.

Do people really go to the trouble of signing up on here and post once just because HGM ask them to? What's the incentive?
    Originally posted by Davina40
    Yes. Previous users have stated they've had an email with a link to this thread asking to post positive feedback.
    • Sarah Harding
    • By Sarah Harding 14th Aug 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sarah Harding
    Excellent service. I sent a 25g x 22c gold chain on Friday and received the money in my bank account first thing on Monday morning. I received over 50% more than my local jeweller offered me. Will definitely recommend them to others and also use them again myself. Thank you guys.
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 15th Aug 18, 8:07 PM
    • 9,932 Posts
    • 2,891 Thanks
    chanz4
    used them in the past zero issues
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • Megan M.
    • By Megan M. 20th Aug 18, 2:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Megan M.
    Excellent
    Used Hatton Garden Metals for the first time, chose them because they came highly recommended on here.
    I was nervous because I had not sold any of my gold jewellery before, I had been meaning to sell for a long time but was waiting till I found somewhere trustworthy that would pay me a fair price and pay me promptly.
    They were brilliant. The estimate price for my gold was what they payed me and the money was in the bank the same day they recieved my parcel.
    Website is easy to use.
    Excellent service, I will use them again. Highly recommended.
    • Megan M.
    • By Megan M. 20th Aug 18, 2:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Megan M.
    Yes, they sent me an email asking for feedback. I was more than happy to do so because I recieved good service from them. I guess being a happy customer was my “incentive”!
    • andrew staniford
    • By andrew staniford 30th Aug 18, 4:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    andrew staniford
    Hatton garden metals
    I took the MSE advice and decided to sell my gold tooth to Hatton Garden Metals. Unfortunately, I couldn't complete their online form because I didn't know the details required. I rang them and a lovely girl gave me some crucial advice. 'It doesn't matter if you don't know the type of gold used or the weight of it because we will check it all anyway. However, you must complete the form'. So, I weighed the tooth which consisted of gold, filling and tooth and halved it. She told me that gold teeth are generally 15 or 18ct. I guessed at 15ct, entered the details on the online form and was immediately issued with an enquiry number. I sent this number with the tooth, using special delivery and received £64 in my bank account within 2 days. The lady also advised me against using Paypal because they can take up to 10% of the remittance! Great service; which paid for the extraction, cake, coffee and postage.
    • Blue_Max
    • By Blue_Max 30th Aug 18, 5:53 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Blue_Max
    Newbies Galore
    how many 'newbies' do we have on this thread?!
    Must be some kind of a record
    • Stumc10
    • By Stumc10 4th Sep 18, 1:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stumc10
    Great service
    Gold chain posted via special delivery at 2:15pm on Monday, money in my bank by 12:30pm on Tuesday, tje price paid was over £100 more than any quote from high street shops and nearly double some of them!

In future I won’t be wasting my time trawling round town to sell jewellery!
    • pedrothewheel
    • By pedrothewheel 26th Sep 18, 7:43 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pedrothewheel
    I have quite a bit of silver with semi precious stones in them, do I take them out, and does anyone know where I can sell them?
    • Blue_Max
    • By Blue_Max 26th Sep 18, 8:35 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Blue_Max
    I have quite a bit of silver with semi precious stones in them, do I take them out, and does anyone know where I can sell them?
    Originally posted by pedrothewheel
    guys here will have good advice
    thesilverforum.com
    • MissyMooMia
    • By MissyMooMia 4th Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MissyMooMia
    After reading the good reviews on her about Hatton Garden Metals, I thought I’d give them a try.
    I had 40g of 9ct gold and 1g of 14ct gold. I had a quote from a jewellers in my local
    town for £250.
    After filling out the calculator on Hattons website, they quote £438. So I filled the online form out and packed my gold up and sent it off by special delivery at 3pm on a Wednesday with the email I printed off that they had sent me.
    By Thursday at 10am I had an email confirming the weight - 37g 9ct gold and 1.5g 14ct gold (slightly under but my scales were just kitchen ones!)
    They quoted me £413 for it all which I then had to accept by the website or calling them.
    I accepted and the money was in my bank account by 4.30pm on Thursday!! Super fast, and great service.
    • shocker1616
    • By shocker1616 6th Oct 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shocker1616
    Interesting reading, saved for future, thanks for posting
    • yorkjones
    • By yorkjones 9th Oct 18, 12:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    yorkjones
    Great service from Hatton Garden Metals. Good price for my gold paid to my bank immediately. Cannot fault at all and will use again if needed. Recommended.
    • vale94
    • By vale94 9th Nov 18, 1:07 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    vale94
    When did you use it? Yesterday the latest time, but I have been using them multiple times over the last couple years.

What did you send it? Sovereign Coins and old gold.

How much did it promise you? £1144

How much did it deliver? £1050.91

How efficient was the service? Extremely

If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason? The gold i sent included a couple rings and items that were not entirely made out of gold, so it checks out.

Anything else other people should know?
    Not from my experience.

Nobody asked me to write their review, but I used them again and I feel like in a world where serious, professional and honest business is more and more rare people who do it well deserve the credit. Always got paid reasonable prices extremely promptly, never had a single issue. Thumbs up from me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,689Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin