Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • talkalot
    • By talkalot 25th Nov 09, 9:46 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    talkalot
    • 25th Nov 09, 9:46 AM
    Tesco Mobile getting the IPhone
    • 25th Nov 09, 9:46 AM
    Every little helps as they say. Now this might shake up the market.
    http://direct.tesco.com/p/inc/specials/iphone/default.asp
    • CG19a
    • By CG19a 25th Nov 09, 9:51 AM
    • 764 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    CG19a
    • 25th Nov 09, 9:51 AM
    • 25th Nov 09, 9:51 AM
    My iphone contract is due up in January, so I'm looking forward to possibly getting staff discount from Tesco.
    • morg_monster
    • By morg_monster 25th Nov 09, 10:30 AM
    • 2,359 Posts
    • 2,136 Thanks
    morg_monster
    • 25th Nov 09, 10:30 AM
    • 25th Nov 09, 10:30 AM
    excited about this! I've been on Tesco PAYG for a few years now and have always been really pleased with them, I was planning to go on contract and get an Iphone soon but was sorry that I would have to go onto a different network. Maybe I won't need to, yay!
    • garyw73
    • By garyw73 25th Nov 09, 2:16 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    garyw73
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:16 PM
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:16 PM
    Will this mean a price war at last??

Fingers crossed.....
    • kendalls cave
    • By kendalls cave 25th Nov 09, 2:23 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 495 Thanks
    kendalls cave
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:23 PM
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:23 PM
    I read this too I ws going to go with Tesco with my T- mobile contract expires in Dec anyhow, but this makes it even more appealing
    2 coins = 2.00
  • duckbrfc
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:25 PM
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:25 PM
    Great news, surely this will open up the market a bit?
    I got a bar of chocolate through the post from O2 recently, just as a "thank you" apparently. I'd rather they reduced the £45 they charge me a month for my iPhone instead though!!!!

Up for renewal in Jan/Feb time, so hopefully prices will tumble after Christmas
    • M4RKM
    • By M4RKM 25th Nov 09, 2:38 PM
    • 5,065 Posts
    • 3,673 Thanks
    M4RKM
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:38 PM
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:38 PM
    well, o2 are saying that this is in conjunction with themselves, blah blah blah - http://twitter.com/O2/status/6045619535, so really I don't see a price drop at all... it's just another retailer, and another little name on the carrier. Tesco Mobile is just an virtual network that uses o2..

M
  • zierisaver
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:42 PM
    • 25th Nov 09, 2:42 PM
    well, o2 are saying that this is in conjunction with themselves, blah blah blah - http://twitter.com/O2/status/6045619535, so really I don't see a price drop at all... it's just another retailer, and another little name on the carrier. Tesco Mobile is just an virtual network that uses o2..

M
    Originally posted by markymoo
    Shame, thanks for the heads up. Orange are doing iPhones now though and Vodafone I think in the New Year, so we'll just have to hope that they bring the prices down. It's all irrelevant anyway, I'll drop my new one and crack the screen a month after it arrives
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 25th Nov 09, 2:48 PM
    • 5,308 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    Jon 01
    The word is that Apple are dictating the price the networks can charge, if that's true there's little chance of any price drop. . .
  • zierisaver
    The word is that Apple are dictating the price the networks can charge, if that's true there's little chance of any price drop. . .
    Originally posted by Jon 01
    Maybe we'll have to rely on an alternative to really rock the boat. The problem is, once you've got an iPhone everything else just feels like a step down, even if it technically isn't
  • angelizz
    Cracked screens - the bane of iPhone owners lives!
    • kendalls cave
    • By kendalls cave 25th Nov 09, 3:06 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 495 Thanks
    kendalls cave
    Maybe I''ll get an android phone, seems a good alternative
    2 coins = 2.00
  • robt
    There is already a discussion thread HERE. Why didn't you just insert the MSE post header into the first post of that thread?
    • wizk1
    • By wizk1 25th Nov 09, 4:03 PM
    • 901 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    wizk1
    Maybe I''ll get an android phone, seems a good alternative
    Originally posted by kendalls cave
    Good vote. I've got the HTC Hero, and I'm uber happy with it
    • billbennett
    • By billbennett 25th Nov 09, 6:53 PM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    billbennett
    I really don't think this will cause a price drop or war. My bet is the same tariffs as O2 and Orange, but with Clubcard points, so the only thing to differentiate will be:

Orange: Orange Wednesdays
    Tesco: Clubcard Points
    O2: Priority List

and when they announce it:

3: Free curry with every call to customer services.
    In "Monopoly", what makes the "Super Tax" so super?
    • brownbabygirl
    • By brownbabygirl 25th Nov 09, 7:23 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    brownbabygirl
    gosh how unnecessarily rude!
    QUIDCO 2827 paid out since October 2007
  • robt
    gosh how unnecessarily rude!
    Originally posted by brownbabygirl
    Not rude at all. Just to the point. MSE Lawrence messaged me and thanked me for pointing it out and amended the post to link to the previous thread. Nice of you to be offended on behalf of others though
    • brownbabygirl
    • By brownbabygirl 25th Nov 09, 8:34 PM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    brownbabygirl
    Not rude at all. Just to the point. MSE Lawrence messaged me and thanked me for pointing it out and amended the post to link to the previous thread. Nice of you to be offended on behalf of others though
    Originally posted by robt
    I thanked you by mistake trying to quote you. The tone was not necessary EVEN if the OP messaged you later. I got thanks for my post though
    QUIDCO 2827 paid out since October 2007
    • toontastic
    • By toontastic 26th Nov 09, 7:10 AM
    • 340 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    toontastic
    There won't be a price war with this for two reasons, like nearly all apply products apple control the prices which is why you struggle to get a good discount anywhere (and they call microsoft!) and also because Tesco will be doing this in a joint venture with O2 so there won't be any price cuts. Maybe just a few tesco extra points or something. Orange didn't help anything they actually offered a worse deal with the terrible peaks on internet usage so, so far more people getting the deal hasn't helped us.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,392Posts Today

5,999Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin