Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • hungrynurse
    • 2nd Dec 09, 2:35 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 2:35 AM
    wilkinsons have slimline trees, 210cm for 25 which looked good quality, and dont spread too far into room. Many trees in there, but most of the rest looked a bit thin on branches.
    http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Christmas-Trees/Wilko-Slimline-Christmas-Tree-210cm/invt/0203641?htxt=RNgBVbKsbQO20Nop/CpiRaHMl/e8JM24H/7a5HOmTUm9colMZXMzdQV/rhe714UqgwDJ6HD%2BfMN9%0AbxpbOeRW/w%3D%3D
    Homebase still have 50% off artificial trees too, but still >50 for anything of size
    • newleaf
    • By newleaf 2nd Dec 09, 7:42 AM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 3,448 Thanks
    newleaf
    • 2nd Dec 09, 7:42 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 7:42 AM
    B&Q have 50% off some of their artificial trees. The nicest ones are still expensive though. I paid 64.99 for a 6'6" pre lit one with cones & berries, but it was the most 'real' looking one they had (Columbia) and hopefully it will never need to be replaced.
    If you have any friends or relatives of pension age, I believe they can get a 10% discount on a Wednesday.
    Last edited by newleaf; 02-12-2009 at 7:44 AM.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
    • tiptoes27
    • By tiptoes27 2nd Dec 09, 8:54 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    tiptoes27
    • 2nd Dec 09, 8:54 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 8:54 AM
    I also got a tree from B & Q for half price - it is a 7'6 called Eiger and is very real looking. I have always had real trees and shied away from artificial trees but this one is really nice, a good colour and nice and bushy. Reduced from 99.00 to 49.00. Mind you we did have to go to three B & Q's to get one as it was sold out in the first two. Also looked in Homebase but trees not as nice and more expensive.
  • Lottieb
    • 2nd Dec 09, 9:04 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 9:04 AM
    Totally agree about the Eiger B&Q tree, by far the best and I did a lot of searching!
    • Happy_Hannah
    • By Happy_Hannah 2nd Dec 09, 9:28 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    Happy_Hannah
    • 2nd Dec 09, 9:28 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 9:28 AM
    Tesco have a 6ft Canadian Pine (with pine cones on it) down from 24.99 to 10. Bought one yesterday and I think it looks pretty good
  • StephLaceDan
    • 2nd Dec 09, 10:16 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 10:16 AM
    The base of last year's tree broke when we bought the tree down this year, and not wanting to spend a lot I went to Poundstretcher and got a reasonable tree for 8.99, it's 6' tall and comes in pieces. When it was in the box, it looked a bit feeble, but once the branches were on the tree, it looks good... certainly worth the money
    • Gareth83
    • By Gareth83 2nd Dec 09, 11:36 AM
    • 929 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    Gareth83
    • 2nd Dec 09, 11:36 AM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 11:36 AM
    I also got a tree from B & Q for half price - it is a 7'6 called Eiger and is very real looking. I have always had real trees and shied away from artificial trees but this one is really nice, a good colour and nice and bushy. Reduced from 99.00 to 49.00. Mind you we did have to go to three B & Q's to get one as it was sold out in the first two. Also looked in Homebase but trees not as nice and more expensive.
    Originally posted by madcatwoman
    Looks a good tree! A little wide for our liking though at almost 4ft!

Any other suggestions?

We like this one:
    http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/Christmas-Trees/7ft-Frosted-Californian-Spruce-Christmas-Tree/invt/257521

which we can get for 72 as they have a 10% sale and I have a 10% home-owners card.

But I'm thinking that'll be too big too
  • nezzica
    • 2nd Dec 09, 1:11 PM
    • 2nd Dec 09, 1:11 PM
    homebase haven't got any decent trees left as we searched for a tree yesterday.
    Started Comping Sept win so far 18x Thomas cook vouchers, 2 play voucher and 10 play voucher.:rolleyes: Need to start winning proper prizes not vouchers!!! First proper win a bottle of self tan and a free subscription to Beyond Mag
    • newleaf
    • By newleaf 2nd Dec 09, 1:14 PM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 3,448 Thanks
    newleaf
    Totally agree about the Eiger B&Q tree, by far the best and I did a lot of searching!
    Originally posted by Lottieb
    Yes, it does look nice, and a good price too. I particularly wanted a prelit one myself, as this is our first year with a cat and I am having to review decoration arrangements :rolleyes:
    I thought a prelit one would be easier to reassemble when puss cat decides to pull it over.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
    • Charliezoo
    • By Charliezoo 2nd Dec 09, 2:04 PM
    • 1,714 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    Charliezoo
    I'm off to Costco soon, do they have any good trees?
    • Jennie-1987
    • By Jennie-1987 2nd Dec 09, 2:10 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Jennie-1987
    I'm off to Costco soon, do they have any good trees?
    Originally posted by Charliezoo
    Hi Charliezoo,

Costco has the most amazing prelit tree (am truly in love) with 800 lights compared to, I believe, the usual 300 on most. However it is still expensive at around 125 inc. VAT. They do have a non-lit version which is still around 65, those are the only two I saw in my local store (Bristol) but as you can tell they are lovable!

Hope your hunt goes well - maybe your local store has alternatives.
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 07-12-2009 at 2:38 PM.
    • Moneygonewhere?
    • By Moneygonewhere? 2nd Dec 09, 2:24 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Moneygonewhere?
    Argos do a slim 6ft Christmas tree for 9.99 from their value range which is worth checking out.
    • lollyb84
    • By lollyb84 2nd Dec 09, 2:30 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    lollyb84
    Originally posted by madcatwoman
    We also bought this tree and it's lovely! You can always reserve and collect if your local store has sold out! After an extensive weekend of searching, I found B & Q had the best range from 10 - 200, although Tesco did have some good cheaper trees.

Happy hunting!
    • squeekymoo
    • By squeekymoo 2nd Dec 09, 3:24 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    squeekymoo
    I Realise this pobably doesn't help for this Christmas but I got my tree at B&Q in January - a pre-lit large tree was 60ish but just as I was walking past a store manager shouted out 'who would like this last tree for 1' - talk about right place right time eh?

So if you can make do this year - have a look after christmas ready for next year.

I have a friend who doesn't bother putting this years decorations in the loft she just goes out in the Janaury sales and buys new each year
    • caeler
    • By caeler 2nd Dec 09, 3:33 PM
    • 1,958 Posts
    • 1,779 Thanks
    caeler
    Tesco have a small 3ft tree for 4.00. Perfect for what I was looking for! It is only available in store.
    MFW | DF| NSD Fan | LC
  • jane13
    I have to admit I didn't actually search for a tree as such but discovered that Tesco's are currently selling a 6 ft tree..with pine cones for 10 instead of 25!
  • shinysheena
    House of Fraser outlets. Lovely high-end stock reduced to silly prices - last year got a 6ft bronze tree for 7! (found it in July and got some funny looks) In our local (swindon) they have 6ft+ classy looking trees reduced from 99 to 20/30. If I didn't already have a tree....
  • caeliaolivia
    got a slim 6ft one from littlewoods. was reduced to 28 then got a first order discount of 15 so therefore 13 including delivery(which only took 36 hours may i add-impressive!)
  • caeliaolivia
    poundland have mini fibreoptic ones for the kids
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 07-12-2009 at 2:39 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

990Posts Today

6,546Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's FRI Twitter poll: As everyone knows, you're a creative genius with an huge range of highly honed skills.? https://t.co/KV5FHAqK6v

• Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Follow Martin