Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crazyangel
    • By Crazyangel 5th Nov 09, 12:50 PM
    • 1,449Posts
    • 2,482Thanks
    Crazyangel
    Argh - how to untangle a rotary washing line?
    • 5th Nov 09, 12:50 PM
    Argh - how to untangle a rotary washing line? 5th Nov 09 at 12:50 PM
    Hi guys!
    I've somehow managed to completely tangle my rotary washing line whilst taking the cover off. After 30mins trying to untangle it, it's just so much worse and won't open at all.
    Any adivce on how I can fix it? I really can't afford a new one!!
    Thanks xx
Page 1
  • laurel7172
    • 5th Nov 09, 4:12 PM
    • 5th Nov 09, 4:12 PM
    Untie it at one end, unravel it carefully and then string it again. A long job, unfortunately.

IF you can get a cheap replacement line, it might be easier just to cut it off. DON'T do this unless you have the line already AND are sure it's long enough. I spotted some in Poundland right after I paid a deeply grudged 8 for replacement line at Homebase (my old line had rotted through)-after I'd visited several stores already and been told my only option was a new dryer. But I don't know if they're selling it now.
  • baby_fuzz
    • 5th Nov 09, 4:20 PM
    • 5th Nov 09, 4:20 PM
    Untie it at one end, unravel it carefully and then string it again. A long job, unfortunately.

IF you can get a cheap replacement line, it might be easier just to cut it off. DON'T do this unless you have the line already AND are sure it's long enough. I spotted some in Poundland right after I paid a deeply grudged 8 for replacement line at Homebase (my old line had rotted through)-after I'd visited several stores already and been told my only option was a new dryer. But I don't know if they're selling it now.
    Originally posted by laurel7172
    I had to do that too - takes ages...
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 5th Nov 09, 4:26 PM
    • 6,561 Posts
    • 5,623 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    • 5th Nov 09, 4:26 PM
    • 5th Nov 09, 4:26 PM
    Hi,

it's therapeutic,

if you have to restring, start at the outside, then when you run out of string, you only have a wee bit left in the middle.
    Y'all take care now.
    • keystone
    • By keystone 5th Nov 09, 6:27 PM
    • 10,774 Posts
    • 5,874 Thanks
    keystone
    • 5th Nov 09, 6:27 PM
    • 5th Nov 09, 6:27 PM

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Cheers
  • knowloads
    • 6th Nov 09, 1:18 PM
    • 6th Nov 09, 1:18 PM
    I get this job all the time,
    Start: Turn it upside down so all the lines dangle free. Remember that the lines can not inter-twine in a true fashion as they are all connected. The usual nest is caused by the outer lines being caught OVER TH TOP of the arms. Shake the !!!!!! violently, and then try and separate the arms bit by bit. Lift each arm and retrain the cords back over the top, (which is now the bottom, cos its upside down). On the other hand, you could just go buy a new one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,033Posts Today

5,230Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin