Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 23
    • Wikikenkey
    • By Wikikenkey 23rd Jun 18, 1:24 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Wikikenkey
    Not sure - I didn't think about that - Martin had a link on site with a reduced fee till 30 June. I will check.
    • dugidee
    • By dugidee 26th Jun 18, 5:29 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dugidee
    Don't trust them!
    Not always right, but best to follow your instincts?
    Did not go to a solicitor in the end, because the one I did go to could not answer straightforward questions about inheritance tax implications.
    Looking at the news today, about the huge trade in cloned passports, predominantly priduced using photocopies of real ones, I undoubtedly did the right thing. On reflection, too many people with vested interests contributing here!
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 26th Jun 18, 6:35 PM
    • 4,776 Posts
    • 3,995 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    Not always right, but best to follow your instincts?
    Did not go to a solicitor in the end, because the one I did go to could not answer straightforward questions about inheritance tax implications.
    Looking at the news today, about the huge trade in cloned passports, predominantly priduced using photocopies of real ones, I undoubtedly did the right thing. On reflection, too many people with vested interests contributing here!
    Originally posted by dugidee
    That is a pretty sweeping statement and as is often the case with them very wide of the mark. Exactly who do think has vested interests in recommending that a solicitor should be used? If a solicitor cannot answer a simple question on IHT then you should be complaining to the firm using their complaints procedure. Exactly what was the question? To the inexperienced it may seem simple but in actual fact be complex. IHT is not the simple subject you think it is. It would be interesting to know who you went to for advice instead.
    Last edited by Yorkshireman99; 26-06-2018 at 6:49 PM.
    • dugidee
    • By dugidee 11th Jul 18, 10:50 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dugidee
    'IHT is not the simple subject you think it is'! Oh, begging your pardon your honour, your 2:2 obviously makes you a superior animal. Perhaps if I asked a learned gentleman or lady to explain it REALLY slowly for me I might understand a little about it.
    I note that you sidestepped the original point I was making, about cloned passports being produced using the information obtained from the photocopies that solicitors insist on taking.
    Thankfully solicitors, along with undertakers and estate agents, are now being revealed for what they are.
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 12th Jul 18, 12:06 AM
    • 5,682 Posts
    • 6,477 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    'IHT is not the simple subject you think it is'! Oh, begging your pardon your honour, your 2:2 obviously makes you a superior animal. Perhaps if I asked a learned gentleman or lady to explain it REALLY slowly for me I might understand a little about it.
    I note that you sidestepped the original point I was making, about cloned passports being produced using the information obtained from the photocopies that solicitors insist on taking.
    Thankfully solicitors, along with undertakers and estate agents, are now being revealed for what they are.
    Could you take your tinfoil hat of for a moment, and provide some evidence for your sweeping statements.
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 12th Jul 18, 2:16 AM
    • 4,776 Posts
    • 3,995 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    I am reminded of Mathew 12:37. Your own words show a deep seated prejudice against solicitors, undertakers and estate agents which confirms that rational discussion with you on this subject, and probably any other is pointless. Please don.t clutter up this forum with any more posts.
    Last edited by Yorkshireman99; 12-07-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    • Margot123
    • By Margot123 12th Jul 18, 9:27 AM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 1,123 Thanks
    Margot123
    Yep, exactly what they are: solicitors, undertakers and estate agents!
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 13th Oct 18, 12:21 PM
    • 5,682 Posts
    • 6,477 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    Only one? What happens if your executor dies before you or isn't capable when you die?

Weren't you advised to have a back-up executor?
    Originally posted by Mojisola
    I doubt the poster received any advise, looks like spam to me.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 13th Oct 18, 1:02 PM
    • 30,128 Posts
    • 77,428 Thanks
    Mojisola
    I doubt the poster received any advise, looks like spam to me.
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    I've deleted the quote in case it's spam.
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 13th Oct 18, 1:39 PM
    • 4,776 Posts
    • 3,995 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    Just click the spam butoon as I have already.
    • Drinkws
    • By Drinkws 13th Oct 18, 9:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Drinkws
    Spam? or the ramblings of trolls..
    And my post is still live...
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 13th Oct 18, 11:40 PM
    • 5,682 Posts
    • 6,477 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    And my post is still live...
    Originally posted by Drinkws
    Look again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,827Posts Today

6,377Users online

Martin's Twitter