Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 7
  • Paulabr
    Park tickets.com
    Has anyone bought tickets for Disney/universal from park-tickets.com? They are very reasonable but I have tried to contact them and had no reply.
    • bennettp23
    • By bennettp23 25th Jun 14, 2:02 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bennettp23
    Hi,

I'm looking at buying Orlando theme park tickets. We are there in August 9-23. Two adults and two kids. Never been before so I am baffled. We are staying in a villa on Windsor Park with a hire car.

Spent hours looking already! We want WDW, Universal and SeaWorld (not sure if we want to include BG???).

The Park-hopper (Only 9 days WDW but I think this would be fine with having to visit the other parks) at £1704. Less £5 MSE offer (thanks )

Any opinions on the value of this?

They also give you the option to add wet'n'wild for £10 each, any comments on that? There are already water parks included so not sure if it is required?

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Paul.
    Last edited by bennettp23; 25-06-2014 at 2:09 PM.
    • pompeyrich
    • By pompeyrich 25th Jun 14, 3:45 PM
    • 3,061 Posts
    • 3,084 Thanks
    pompeyrich
    Hi,

I'm looking at buying Orlando theme park tickets. We are there in August 9-23. Two adults and two kids. Never been before so I am baffled. We are staying in a villa on Windsor Park with a hire car.

Spent hours looking already! We want WDW, Universal and SeaWorld (not sure if we want to include BG???).

The Park-hopper (Only 9 days WDW but I think this would be fine with having to visit the other parks) at £1704. Less £5 MSE offer (thanks )

Any opinions on the value of this?

They also give you the option to add wet'n'wild for £10 each, any comments on that? There are already water parks included so not sure if it is required?

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Paul.
    Originally posted by bennettp23
    Not been for a few years but we are off the day you come back and have been researching prices. We are looking at adult tix and a 14 day Disney is £260 14 Day Universal for £110 and SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch for £80, Busch is "free" on this ticket, so seems to be £80 for 2 or 3 parks.

I realise you are looking for different numbers of days and kids tix too but there isn't an awful lot of difference betwen the prices.

A good place to search is HERE. At the top of the page is a yellow post it note with links to various sellers. Some offer free tickets to Legoland but seem a bit dearer, another a 30 min airboat ride etc. confusing but worth a look.

Last time we went was a similar time to you and it was really hot and humid, so bear that in mind and try to plan in some relaxation time, maybe pop back to the villa for a chill as the parks do get almost unbearable around mid-day early afternoon.
  • Hayzhog
    Myself and a group of friends purchased our tickets through orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk so far out of 6 of us 4 people have had fraud on the cards we used to make the purchases. Be wary
    Why does cling film always stick to itself but never what you want it too???
    • W1zz
    • By W1zz 23rd Oct 14, 8:23 AM
    • 598 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    W1zz
    Myself and a group of friends purchased our tickets through orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk so far out of 6 of us 4 people have had fraud on the cards we used to make the purchases. Be wary
    Originally posted by Hayzhog
    What do you mean by fraud ? Unauthorized purchases / transactions or just that the card company has been in touch and asked to verify recent activity?
  • BargainFan
    Security Issue? Orlando Attraction Tickets
    Hi
    Earlier this year I purchased Universal tickets from Orlando Attraction Tickets (I had issues purchasing them online so had to call their helpline who cancelled my online purchase and took payment over the phone).

Our departure date loomed and tickets still hadn't arrived so I contacted Orlando Attraction Tickets (a little nervous as MSE page warned this isn't an official seller). The helpline staff were wonderful and immediately reissued the tickets and had them couriered to us. They arrived promptly and worked just fine.

BUT... shortly after this I found that my credit card security had been compromised (by which I mean the credit card company called me and I recognised a number of fraudulent transactions). I recalled that when I had issues with online ordering the second time I opened the form it had 'stored' my credit card details (including my security code) and was automatically suggesting these.

I did mention this to the Helpline staff but they said I should change my browser's settings (ie not their website's problem).

I've just gone back to the payment page and there's no security padlock on the address bar as you'd expect (I'm so used to this being there that I hadn't checked previously...)

I'm no techie so maybe this isn't a security issue and this was just a coincidence...but I've contacted the company to let them know about it.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by BargainFan; 25-11-2014 at 1:05 AM.
  • BargainFan
    Too late for me
    Originally posted by Hayzhog
    Thanks Hayzhog...pity we didn't see this before we ordered!
  • Annie C
    Cheapest park tickets
    Orlando attractions have best value park tickets...excellent service too and real tickets
    • Sheilz2009
    • By Sheilz2009 5th Feb 15, 1:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sheilz2009
    Orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk
    Has anyone else had problems with their credit cards after booking tickets with orlando attraction tickets.I was thinking about getting tickets from them
    • utigers
    • By utigers 28th Jun 15, 9:01 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    utigers
    Can you 'share' any of these tickets/packages between 2 different families?

Was looking at both 14 day packages for WDW and the Seaworld/Busch ones?

Plus a trip to Legoland?
    Last edited by utigers; 28-06-2015 at 9:18 AM.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 28th Jun 15, 9:14 AM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    steve1500
    When you initialise the tickets at the parks they take your fingerprint. From then on you have to present the ticket and the machine checks your fingerprint. Both must match otherwise you don't get in
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA
    • utigers
    • By utigers 28th Jun 15, 10:15 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    utigers
    Thanks I read WDW do this but wasnt sure about the other ones I mentioned.
  • AlH
    Just been on the Orlando Attractions site which says it is recommended by MSE. Their 'full monty' ticket doesn't include the Wet 'n' Wild water park. To add this park costs £10 per person extra.

When I spoke to them they would not offer any discount at all for the 5 tickets we were going to buy. That's £2500 they lost out on.
  • gypsyroseloz
    I think I read somewhere that wet and wild was due to close!
    Piggypoints-749&325 ~ Boots AC-849 ~ Nectar-688 ~ £2 coins-£216 banked since July 07 ~ Tesco CC-(saving for Florida)£832
    2008 comping total~£315!
    I Want to win a Wii by(any)Christmas member:22
    • kingbertie
    • By kingbertie 19th Jul 15, 10:33 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kingbertie
    Weekday Seaworld tickets ?
    Hi,

The 'cheap disney tickets' page says the following under the 'seaworld need to knows' section (5) :

If you're after a no-frills day ticket to one park for a single day, these are available via its US site (don't forget to factor in taxes and charges). For a weekday ticket, you can save $17 off the anytime one-day single park ticket - it's $70 as opposed to $87. That's around £53 at todays rates for a weekday ticket, £65 for an anytime ticket.

As far as I can see though these weekday 1 day passes are only open to US/Canadian residents. Does anyone know if this is available to us lot ?

Thanks.
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 4th Oct 15, 6:14 PM
    • 12,229 Posts
    • 18,158 Thanks
    nannytone
    I think I read somewhere that wet and wild was due to close!
    Originally posted by gypsyroseloz
    my daughter booked flights last week and the travel agent tried to sell her disney/universal tickets. she said that wet n wild was closing down
    • 2gorgeousgirls
    • By 2gorgeousgirls 4th Oct 15, 10:43 PM
    • 408 Posts
    • 708 Thanks
    2gorgeousgirls
    Wet and wild is owned by Universal. They are building a new water park, Volcano Bay, which will open in 2017.

Wet and wild will close on 31 December 2016.
    • evcourt
    • By evcourt 9th Dec 15, 3:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    evcourt
    Cheap Park Tickets Through Hotels
    Hey, just thought I'd share these savings on Universal tickets for cheap Florida theme park seekers...

Save $125 off 2 Three Park Unlimited Universal Tickets !!!8211; when you stay at the Enclave Suites. It's a really generous, kid-friendly off-site hotel with shuttle service to all the major parks. You just have to book directly with them to get the deal.
    You can get admission to each of the following parks for every day of the ticket !!!8211; 14 Consecutive Days (Park-to-Park access is allowed !!!8211; You can visit all of the parks on the same day):

Universal Studios Florida®
    Universal!!!8217;s Islands of Adventure®
    Wet !!!8216;n Wild® Orlando
    • MSE Naomi
    • By MSE Naomi 6th Mar 18, 10:51 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MSE Naomi
    Hi!

We've given this guide a major revamp and would love your feedback.

Please let us know your thoughts and share your tips here.

Thanks,

MSE Naomi
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

17Posts Today

3,997Users online

Martin's Twitter