PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today so far:

1) Road was gritted! So dropped smaller son off at the bus OK.

2) Had a hot chocolate with bigger son before taking him to school.

3) Stocking fillers arrived in the post from Amazon.

4) Went to see the psych nurse and felt slightly better for it.

5) Went swimming with my brother.

6) Tasty tea - meatballs and spaghetti then some stollen. :-)

7) Got house reasonably tidy.

8) Hoping to persaude sons to watch a Christmassy film with me in a bit.
  • Good evening all !

Frith -its lovely to see you post so many pleasures !

Broomstick - get well now ! Love the sound of the rotary line.

a few for today

1. Looking at the dramatic sky when I was driving in to work at 7.15 am

2.Report finished and sent off.

3. Person who received the report "kicked off" and took everything personally and decided to phone me as I was about to leave the office ... nice. My report was still accurate though ;) The whole of the office went silent in order to listen to the call :rotfl:Got home an hour late.

4.Hens were in bed when I got in - so I did a head count and said to OH "they smell of fish" . Had a chat with my DM and she had given them fish cakes . Yesterday they smelt of curry ... guess what she had given them .. !

5 . Fish and chips for tea and pudding of Pringles

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Evening all, from near SPARRA Lands. I am abouts lost, emmillies, the sat nav had me turn into Mr T. Arggggggh.

5 Free cup of tea and piece of cake at Waite & Rose ltd. charm works wanderlust lucks.

4 At Chay n D hostelry, with pin up curtains, expensive Internet??? Not for me, got the mobi working, so no hiding.

3 must have meatballs when back in Beard's Hammock, great idea.

2 missing the current Lady Black :heartpuls

1 2 Working days till Chrimbo, :T:T:T
  • My five for today;

1. Cleared out four underbed drawers because the bed has had it and is destined for the tip. It was a big job finding room for all the bits I wanted to keep but me and mum managed it. It was fun to reminise as I looked over my fancy dress outfits, the things I've been out dressed as was a bit :eek:

2. Took all what I didn't want to the charity shop, not strictly mse as some of it I could have sold on but it felt right to gift it to those less fortunate, particularly at this time of year. You never know what joy a well thumbed copy of 'the owl who was afraid of the dark' can bring to a child. My mama used to get me all sorts from the charity shops and they made me so happy. Hopefully I will have allowed someone else to do the same.

3. Fresh bread and butter for tea, simple but necessary when I'm this exhausted.

4. My nan is out of hospital :j glad she is home in time for Xmas, now it's just the long job of her getting back her confidence. She did so well after her first stroke, I know she can do it again.

5. My grandad. Just my grandad. The kindest, funniest, most committed man that ever lived.

Stay warm and well xx
    Comper, Blogger & OS-er
    Competition prizes: £6/£2015
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all.

A quick 5 from me as my computer's playing up and I'd hate to type an essay and then lose it:

1) Finally got my parcel from Amaz0n, at the second attempt, after RM admitted they lost the first one. :mad:

2) A local shop seemed to have made a mistake when ordering and had three big boxes full of pineapples, which they were selling off cheap in an obvious attempt to get rid of them. Being very partial to pineapple, I was more than happy to help out. ;)

3) Admiring a rainbow cloud, the first one I've ever seen and an incredibly lovely sight.

4) Was a bit naughty and ordered some wine, taking advantage of an offer of 25% off and a free bottle of fizzy wine. :beer: That should keep me going until spring, however distant it feels right now.

5) Another very quiet day at work, as it often is at this time of year, so I spent an hour or so reading sources for the OU essay that's due next week, which meant I at least felt I'd got something useful done today!

Hugs to all feeling poorly or sad.
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Evening

Pleasures for today,
    1. The part of the project that I am working on that happened last night was a success :j just a couple of minor niggles this morning which seem to have been resolved now. Just one more piece of work left for me to do and will be finished on time.
    2. Final presents that needed posting went in the post plus a birthday card and present for nieces's 21st at the weekend.
    3. Chilli wraps for dinner with salad. Chilli had lots of veg hidden in it and no one noticed amything different to normal.
    4. Brother is up for a new business award tonight so keeping fingers crossed.
    5. Lunch with a friend from work as we both really needed to get out of the office for an hour.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Went to a chum's for dinner and to do some Guiding stuff, and she made the most amazingly yummy risotto and a small glass of vino, went down a treat!

2. YS bread in shop

3. The builder has done fabulously today, I now have a worktop, my new lovely sink (not fully plumbed in) and a couple of cupboard carcases, it's starting to look like a kitchen!!! :):)

4. Had to have a new bathroom tap today (it was leaking and apparently a rubbish one anyway, grrrr), but great that the plumber was on hand and happy to do it.

5. Lovefilm sent me another DVD to watch, enjoying it now whilst snuggled in bed under my duvet.

6. DD is sounding a bit better again today, she's staying indoors snuggled up and cosy with my parents, playing lots of games and doing lots of school work which for her is great fun! (Handy that my mum was a teacher :) )

7. I've been invited out for dinner with my old colleagues next week, just need to find a babysitter.

8. Am going out to dinner at another friend's tomorrow, one of DD's chum's parents, nomnom!

9. Have realised I can take some wine over tomorrow, as my parents left a bottle at the weekend.

10. Had a very cheery email from a lovely chum I've not managed to get to see this year, hopefully next year we'll manage it!
  • 1.My headache –touch wood has left after 5 days of ouchyness.:j
    2. Left over pizza for tea.
    3. Earlier in the year we took on some baby animals for a rescue, of course a couple are staying but the what is hopefully a fantastic home has come up with absolutely wonderful people we know, they came over tonight, introductions went ok, and they have taken 2 home to try. Real mixed emotions we couldn’t ask for better but we had become very attached trying to hold back a few tears.
    4. Just made an oldy but a goodie a fish finger roll for a snack, feels childish:)
    5. Just written all of the Christmas cards, families and neighbour delivered by hand tomorrow, others posted on the way to work tomorrow, just about made it in time:)
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hiya again.

PK - hope you have seen the last of that headache. It sounded horrid.

My five pleasures for the rest of Wednesday:

1. Sorting out, at last, how to download programmes off iplayer to watch them later.

2. Done some more finding out about publishing on Kindle and working on the thing I'm hoping to publish.

3. Spending some time chatting with DS1 about The Hobbit film - I'd forgotten that we were going to see it tomorrow - and his day spent Christmas shopping with his gf, and his plans for the holidays and ... everything really. One of those kind of chats!

4. Soup and scrambled egg (one after the other, not together:D) for supper. Was a very nice tummy warming meal. I've spent the day feeling so cold (despite wearing furry boot slippers, socks, jeans, a long sleeved tshirt, a cotton sweater, a zip up fleece and a giant cardigan plus a fleecy hat - indoors and with a low level of central heating on. What is the really cold weather going to be like? I still have thermals, fingerless gloves and a scarf to add I suppose.:eek:)

5. Hottie to take up to bed.

Sweet dreams

B x
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :)
    Missed posting yesterday as I was cooking up a storm in the kitchen, which helped keep the cold off. Did a buffet for 30 and 41 turned up - lucky I always over-cater!
    I know just what you mean Broomstick, it's horrible and heaven help us if/when real winter arrives. Fortunately it's supposed to be warmer this weekend, I certainly hope so!

Back later with my 5, stay warm :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport