Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrwurzal
    • By mrwurzal 21st Oct 09, 2:16 PM
    • 271Posts
    • 552Thanks
    mrwurzal
    Free Birthday Card from the Queen.
    • 21st Oct 09, 2:16 PM
    Free Birthday Card from the Queen. 21st Oct 09 at 2:16 PM
    Hi all...

A few years ago the queen would send out cards automatically to people who reached the magic 100! You know have to register for this and basically apply...

You can apply if you are celebrating your 60th (and over wedding anniversary) or 100th Birthday and 105 there on....

The application form (in PDF format) is here to print and send of with the relevent photocopied documents...

http://www.royal.gov.uk/pdf/anniversaries/Birthday%20Form%20in%20one%203.pdf

I hope that you know someone that is fast approaching a milestone anniversary or birthday and can make good use of this...

ENJOY!

Dan

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

There's more information on this on the anniversary and birthday messages page of the Royal Monarchy website.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Lawrence; 27-10-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Page 1
    • luckymoneysaver
    • By luckymoneysaver 21st Oct 09, 2:26 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    luckymoneysaver
    • 21st Oct 09, 2:26 PM
    • 21st Oct 09, 2:26 PM
    http://www.royal.gov.uk/pdf/anniversaries/Wedding%20Form%20in%20one.pdf

Link for the wedding anniversary form.
  • RachelD
    • 28th Oct 09, 8:06 PM
    • 28th Oct 09, 8:06 PM
    For those who don't have access to the internet and have a 100th birthday coming up, you will still get a card without applying for it.

The Dept for Work and Pensions has a section devoted to Centenarians- the card also applies to those who have 105th birthdays and yearly thereafter. They will send someone out to visit a few weeks before to check the birth certificate and whether you want a card. They will telephone a couple of days before to check you will be at that address.
    if i had known then what i know now
    • wise owl 3
    • By wise owl 3 28th Oct 09, 9:26 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    wise owl 3
    • 28th Oct 09, 9:26 PM
    • 28th Oct 09, 9:26 PM
    Thank you very much, it is my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary in December, so this will be ideal.
  • geminibabe
    • 29th Oct 09, 12:11 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 12:11 PM
    Awwww gutted!!! My grandads 80th birthday was two days ago, he would have loved this..................! Thanks anyway, great find!
    I LOVE MY BEAGLE!
    • luckymoneysaver
    • By luckymoneysaver 29th Oct 09, 6:57 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    luckymoneysaver
    • 29th Oct 09, 6:57 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 6:57 PM
    Awwww gutted!!! My grandads 80th birthday was two days ago, he would have loved this..................! Thanks anyway, great find!
    Originally posted by geminibabe
    I think you can get a belated birthday card for some time after the birthday, have a rummage around the website, for more info...im sure i saw it somewhere!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/pdf/anniversaries/Birthday%20Form%20in%20one%203.pdf

4th line down
    • sweetcarer
    • By sweetcarer 29th Oct 09, 7:23 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 6,197 Thanks
    sweetcarer
    • 29th Oct 09, 7:23 PM
    • 29th Oct 09, 7:23 PM
    Originally posted by geminibabe

It is only for birthdays over 100 too - so you might not been able to get one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

1,684Users online

Martin's Twitter