Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spalding
    • By spalding 5th Sep 08, 9:11 AM
    • 883Posts
    • 344Thanks
    spalding
    The New ZOPA offer 40 for you
    • 5th Sep 08, 9:11 AM
    The New ZOPA offer 40 for you 5th Sep 08 at 9:11 AM
    "Zopa is the online marketplace where people meet to lend and borrow money. The easiest way to describe it is like eBay for money - lenders lend money, borrowers borrow money, and by cutting out the banks, everyone gets a better deal.

If you're looking for a loan at the mo', you'll get a competitive rate and Zopa don't have any sneaky fees or penalties if you want to repay early. Plus, you get that warm feeling inside, knowing that you're repayments are helping real people rather than the fat cats.

Or, if you've got some spare cash and fancy making a return, why not try lending at Zopa? Zopa credit-score and risk assess every borrower, you can lend each borrower as little as 10 pounds to minimise risk and all payments are collected on your behalf"

The new offer from Zopa is that they will pay me 50 for anyone who signs up via my link and borrows any amount or lends out a minimum of 2000, I am happy to pass on 40 of this to you (payment via cheque, bacs, paypal)

www.zopa.com/member/spalding

Any questions feel free to ask, thanks

offer closes 31/12/08

Non refferral link www.zopa.com
    Last edited by spalding; 08-09-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Page 9
    • ed44
    • By ed44 24th Feb 17, 11:57 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    ed44
    Thanks to edinburgher for fast payment
    • richardjmcdougall
    • By richardjmcdougall 5th Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    richardjmcdougall
    Zopa refer
    Hi I've pm you edinburgher thanks
    • qwakuk
    • By qwakuk 2nd May 17, 5:35 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    qwakuk
    I am a Zopa member, willing to send a friends link
    • festermower
    • By festermower 12th Jul 17, 5:43 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    festermower
    Zopa have a fantastic referral scheme...borrow at least 2,000 and Zopa will give you 50 towards your loan if you use this link:

zopa.com/loans/mgm/3def309b9639
    • mkooo
    • By mkooo 3rd Aug 17, 9:12 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 1,963 Thanks
    mkooo
    Tried to sign up with your link Spalding but there is a waiting list.
    • trevor8
    • By trevor8 5th Dec 17, 1:35 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    trevor8
    Zopa referral 50
    Hi sorry I cannot see a Zopa referral thread but please see below

Get 50 when you refer a friend
    Love Zopa? Tell a friend and you'll get 50 if they take out a loan or invest over 2,000 with us. They'll get 50 too.

https://www.zopa.com/loans/mgm/13998d2bc5e7

Have just got a loan from Zopa at a very good rate 2.8 per cent and handled very efficiently any questions please ask pls message me when gone through.Thanks Trev
    • Markyboy112
    • By Markyboy112 8th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Markyboy112
    The last I heard they wasnt accepting new customers has this changed?
    • PeakOwl
    • By PeakOwl 26th Jan 18, 7:42 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    PeakOwl
    Zopa have announced they are now accepting new investors again , see their blog post here:

https://blog.zopa.com/2018/01/26/zopa-opens-platform-new-investors/?elqTrackId=95005f2e1a944baeadfb8682491470e5&elq=5 71342b1421a4aceb9b708caa0764220&elqaid=1698&elqat= 1&elqCampaignId=908

So for a 2K+ investment you will receive 50 and I'll be happy to share half of my fee, so 75 in total to you, if you use my referral/ Fast Pass link below:

https://www.zopa.com/lending?referrer_id=aaaeff64ad88

There is still a waiting list, but should you use the link above, you will be bumped to the front of the queue.

For those who do go ahead, don't forget to PM your full name and paypal email address, so that I can pay you half of my fee once I receive it.

Cheers
    Last edited by PeakOwl; 26-01-2018 at 7:45 PM.
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 22nd Feb 18, 9:50 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    anactuary
    Please use my link to sign up to invest at Zopa (there isn't a waiting list any more):

https://www.zopa.com/lending/mgm/flex555

When you've invested your first 2,000, we'll both get a 50 bonus from Zopa.

Terms & Conditions from Zopa website:
    1. Each existing Zopa Member ("Referrer") will receive 50 for each friend who lends at least 2,000 during the Offer Period.
    2. Each eligible friend referred by an existing Zopa member ("Referee") will receive 50.
    3. In each eligible case, the 50 Referrer and Referee bonuses will be credited either to an existing Zopa loan, or to the applicable Zopa Member's Account (and recorded in your My Zopa) within 40 days after the conditions have been met.
    Last edited by anactuary; 14-07-2018 at 8:20 PM.
    • whats
    • By whats 10th Mar 18, 9:59 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    whats
    I am also happy to refer anyone looking to join Zopa and will pay 40 of my 50 referral bonus

I won't share the link here as it contains my real name, but PM me and I'll send it on promptly (on the forum most days).
    Originally posted by edinburgher
    Payment received, many thanks.
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 15th Apr 18, 2:01 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    Alexland
    Am already with Zopa and considering referring my wife as a new customer to share 50 each.

From what I can see if she borrows the minimum 1,000 at 9.5% representative (we always get the advertised rates) we would get the 100 credited to our accounts within 40 days and then she could repay the loan early without penalty having paid around 2 months interest leaving >80 profit.

I cannot see anything in the T&Cs that would claw back the bonus if the referee pays back early?

Can anyone see any downsides other than a loan marker on her credit file?

Alex
    • ec9wrr
    • By ec9wrr 31st May 18, 11:06 AM
    • 162 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    ec9wrr
    Click the link below and invest 2K or more and you'll receive a 50 referral bonus:

https://www.zopa.com/lending/mgm/aaaeff64ad88

I also receive 50 and am happy to give you 40 of that so you'll receive 90 in total against your initial investment (you'll need to pm me your paypal email address so I can pay you the additional 40).

Bonuses usually come through from Zopa as soon as you're fully invested, so its a nice quick process.
    Originally posted by PeakOwl
    Thanks for payment PeakOwl, very quick. See if you can edit the post above though, I only saw post #169 after I had joined, so chose your previous post where you mentioned 40. Noted in post #169 you said you would pay half.
    Last edited by ec9wrr; 31-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    • PeakOwl
    • By PeakOwl 31st May 18, 12:03 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    PeakOwl
    Thanks for payment PeakOwl, very quick. See if you can edit the post above though, I only saw post #169 after I had joined, so chose your previous post where you mentioned 40. Noted in post #169 you said you would pay half.
    Originally posted by ec9wrr

You're welcome, ec9wrr. And apologies, hadn't realised my post from Jan '17 was still online, but it was posted before I realised I had to pay tax on all my referrals. I've now deleted the post.

For the avoidance of doubt, I can offer half of my referral fee (ie 25), as per post 168, higher up this page.
    Last edited by PeakOwl; 31-05-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    • Riviera_Kid
    • By Riviera_Kid 19th Jun 18, 9:00 AM
    • 157 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    Riviera_Kid
    Thanks to edinburgher for a successful referral, great communication and prompt payment
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 23rd Jun 18, 1:35 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    Alexland
    Am already with Zopa and considering referring my wife as a new customer to share 50 each.

From what I can see if she borrows the minimum 1,000 at 9.5% representative (we always get the advertised rates) we would get the 100 credited to our accounts within 40 days and then she could repay the loan early without penalty having paid around 2 months interest leaving >80 profit.
    Originally posted by Alexland
    A few months later - it worked Zopa paid us 50 each and her loan is now repaid early (we repaid much of it as soon as possible) with under 20 in costs so >80 profit.

Alex
    • N1ckS
    • By N1ckS 13th Jul 18, 8:09 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    N1ckS
    Another thank you to edinburgher (#150) for a successful referral and quick payment.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,063Posts Today

6,814Users online

Martin's Twitter