Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • di3004
    • By di3004 21st Aug 09, 7:36 PM
    • 42,527Posts
    • 56,679Thanks
    di3004
    Companies in Default/FSCS Claims - Picture, London Scottish, Twopart
    • 21st Aug 09, 7:36 PM
    Companies in Default/FSCS Claims - Picture, London Scottish, Twopart 21st Aug 09 at 7:36 PM
    This is a thread for MoneySavers to discuss claims for loan providers now in administration, including how to go about claiming, how claims are going and anything else reclaiming related.

Companies in administration:

Statement from the FSCS on Picture Finance

Statement from the FSA on London Scottish

Twopart Ltd
    Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 11-10-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
Page 482
  • Greebo74
    Thanks Greebo, How long has your claim been going on. I sent mine of on 26th Feb 2012 and rang this week for an update. Was told they (deloittes) were waiting for a spreadsheet to be sent from my loan company and to ring back for an update in 4 to 6 weeks.

Hope you hear about yours soon.
    Originally posted by welshlady62
    A couple of months I think, since January at least so don't hold your breath too much - some people get theirs very quick but I think mine was held up as the original loan was in joint names and because it was transferred to me personally (due to divorce) it was a touch more complicated to sort.

Fingers crossed!
  • sophiel1986
    Dolphin finance
    Hi guys!
    My partner had a loan with dolphin finance who have ceased trading - who would i need to contact to make a complaint regarding the PPI?
    Thanks
    • amersall
    • By amersall 5th Apr 12, 12:36 PM
    • 16,849 Posts
    • 18,939 Thanks
    amersall
    What year was this loan taken out?.
    If it was before 14th January 2005 then you need to find out who the insurer was and make the claim to them, FOS may help you find this info out.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

If it was on or after the above date then you need to contact FSCS about a claim.
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

• alfshrek
    • By alfshrek 11th Apr 12, 9:25 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    alfshrek
    Hi, I've been recently informed by the FOS that my lender, Norton Finance have entered administration and as such the FOS cannot act further with our claim. They are sending the file to the FSCS which sounds fine but can anyone tell me how this might affect things please? I'd hate to think that Norton can just 'go bust' and leave many thousands of people in financial trouble.
    • di3004
    • By di3004 11th Apr 12, 9:57 AM
    • 42,527 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    Hi, I've been recently informed by the FOS that my lender, Norton Finance have entered administration and as such the FOS cannot act further with our claim. They are sending the file to the FSCS which sounds fine but can anyone tell me how this might affect things please? I'd hate to think that Norton can just 'go bust' and leave many thousands of people in financial trouble.
    Originally posted by alfshrek

Hi there

The payout will now be made through the FSCS, and it will probably get dealt with quicker as well by the FSCS, due to massive of backlogs with the FOS.

FSCS deal with companies that are dissolved and once declared default, then the FSCS will get the ball rolling on sorting out your reclaim.
    There is a company called Deloittes who does the main of the work for the FSCS, so they will pass your details on to them, if deloittes require anything further they will write to you, then once they sorted your paperwork/case calculations, they forward it all back to the FSCS who checks the info by deloittes, then the payment/cheque will be made.

I would check for more details on the FSCS website which should help and if you need to contact them for anything, you can do so at anytime, good luck.
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
  • scousekev
    Picture
    FINALLY got confirmation from Deloittes today that they have received the information I sent them back in January, FSCS have sent my file back to them - why they sent it to them in the first place remains a mystery, and has been sent for assessment. Does anyone have any ideas how long the process normally takes from here - my claim is with Picture.
    Originally posted by MJ41

Hi MJ

I sent my forms in on the 23rd December 2011 and was paid out on the 13th February 2012 (so approx 7 weeks for me), my loan was too with Picture and the wait is worth it.

Scouse Kev
  • MJ41
    Hi MJ

I sent my forms in on the 23rd December 2011 and was paid out on the 13th February 2012 (so approx 7 weeks for me), my loan was too with Picture and the wait is worth it.

Scouse Kev
    Originally posted by scousekev

Brilliant - thanks for that I rang them last week and was told it had been passed to the next stage and I should hear back within 4 weeks, so fingers crossed! At least it appears to be moving now which is good news - will update when I hear further!
    • alfshrek
    • By alfshrek 18th Apr 12, 10:00 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    alfshrek
    Hi, we took out PPI through Norton Finance (unknowingly) a few years ago and we have gone through the usual steps to recover our payments. Just recently, we were advised by the Ombudsman that Norton had 'gone into administration' and the FOS could no longer handle our case. They said they would send it to a body by the name of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Fair enough we say! But does anyone have any good news to offer us? Is this just a 'dead end' or will something come out of it? Is there anything else we can do to further our case? We would love to hear some good news from anyone who has been in the same situation.
    • themass
    • By themass 18th Apr 12, 6:10 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    themass
    We are in the same boat, file has been passed over, now we wait.
  • MJ41
    Got our cheque today from our Picture claim!! It's taken 3 months but we received over 20k so very pleased!!
  • Reidy1982
    Hi everyone.
    I am wondering How do i make a claim against London scottish bank now? I found a load of old loan agreements from loans i took years ago all showing they sold them with ppi included which i did not know i had with it. The Link in the first post for london scottish does not seem to be working and i dont know where to look now.
    Thanks
    Lou
  • beverley551
    Norton Finance
    Hi

one of my ppi claims with endeavour has come back abut apparently the ppi was done through Norton Finance does anyone know the address I send my claim to for the FSCS Please ?

Many Thanks Bev
    Everyone needs a little help sometimes

Successess So Far Thanks To This Wonderful Site

First Plus PPI Claim 9847.98
    Halifax CC PPI 3117.58
  • amisgeek
    evening

i am a newbie to this site too so just wanted a little advice- me and the hubby have just put in a number of claims for ppi that we didnt even know that we had.
    However, we have filed a complaint with the fcsc regarding ppi that we believe we were mis sold by picture finance.
    we took out the loan with picture finance in 2007 for 10 years, at the time we were desperate for money and were not told that the ppi was front loaded- we believed that we could cancel at any time!! My husband felt that we would not get the loan without the ppi and and no point did they ask if we needed it ( we are both employed as retail managers and get generous sick pay and full life insurance etc etc)
    can anyone please advise if they think it is a valid claim and if so what we are looking at in terms of re-imbursement if successful.
    the loan was for 29k
    PPI was for 7,800

we have recieved 2500 back for not claiming in the last 5 yrs

I also have littlewoods extra care on my account since 2001- which i did not know that i had and didnt agree too!!!

any help would be appreciated!!!
    • muzzy1
    • By muzzy1 28th Apr 12, 9:20 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    muzzy1
    just had a cheque for 5569 from FSCS who dealt with our claim against Personal Loans Express, they took around 8 weeks to sort out, not bad at all
    • muzzy1
    • By muzzy1 28th Apr 12, 9:20 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    muzzy1
    Hi

one of my ppi claims with endeavour has come back abut apparently the ppi was done through Norton Finance does anyone know the address I send my claim to for the FSCS Please ?

Many Thanks Bev
    Originally posted by beverley551
    phone them on 0800 678 1100 and they will send you some forms
    • muzzy1
    • By muzzy1 28th Apr 12, 9:23 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    muzzy1
    Hi, we took out PPI through Norton Finance (unknowingly) a few years ago and we have gone through the usual steps to recover our payments. Just recently, we were advised by the Ombudsman that Norton had 'gone into administration' and the FOS could no longer handle our case. They said they would send it to a body by the name of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Fair enough we say! But does anyone have any good news to offer us? Is this just a 'dead end' or will something come out of it? Is there anything else we can do to further our case? We would love to hear some good news from anyone who has been in the same situation.
    Originally posted by alfshrek
    yes was in same boat with a different loan company that ceased trading.
    FSCS dealt with it quickly, received over 5000 in around 8 weeks.
    probably quicker than many of the banks deal with it, so look at it as a good thing
  • welshlady62
    Just recieved a cheque
    We started our claim against picture finance through the FSCS on March 2nd. Came home from work today to find a cheque for 8773.39!

Thank you for all advice recieved here.

All it took was one hour of form filling, a stamp and a bit of patience.

Very happy girl today!
  • Jill kelly
    We started our claim against picture finance through the FSCS on March 2nd. Came home from work today to find a cheque for 8773.39!

Very happy girl today!
    Many Congrats on your Win !!!! celebrate in style !!!!

My claim against Picture - went in on 11th March so fingers crossed i'll have a response soon too
    Phone call last week from Deloitte to clarify some details so they must be looking at it - Fingers crossed very tightly
  • DE72
    I am a lurker on this site, the information on here is amazing

Just to say, thanks to this forum and thread, I did a PPI claim against Picture Loans through the FSCS and received my cheque of 19784.43p this morning

So simple, took about 6 or 7 weeks too

3 down, MBNA (1000) Abbey Mortgage (8500) and now Picture (19700)

1 to go, Fiat Finace, bring it on

This will make me virtually debt free now, and we can have nice family holiday too

Once again, this forum
  • Greebo74

Very happy girl today!
    Wooohooo well done! We are still waiting, but keeping our fingers crossed for a nice cheque soon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,934Users online

Martin's Twitter