Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CAFCGirl
    • By CAFCGirl 26th Apr 06, 4:07 PM
    • 8,706Posts
    • 19,307Thanks
    CAFCGirl
    Rceipe needed for tonight
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:07 PM
    Rceipe needed for tonight 26th Apr 06 at 4:07 PM
    Hi All.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
    I've gone off the boil a bit with my money saving and os attempts but am motivated to get back on top in may. However............

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a recipe idea. I've got all the makings of a stir fry, including some turkey strips. I was hoping that someone would have a thought about a sauce (or something along those lines) that I could flavour the turkey with.Just so my stir fry has some flavour to it.

I've got quite a few herbs/spices, some honey, soy sauce etc.
    Any help much appreciated, I'd like something a little sweet maybe? :rolleyes:

Thanks All

10 years and still don't have a clue what I'm doing

Trying to get by on a single Emergency Services income
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 43\66 IT'S THE YARN
Page 1
    • billieboy
    • By billieboy 26th Apr 06, 4:11 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 2,496 Thanks
    billieboy
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:11 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:11 PM
    If you've got any chinese five spice that's good to add after stir frying the turkey strips. Got a tin of pineapple chunks? The juice of that can make the sweet part of a sweet and sour sauce - mix with some cornflour, vinegar/sherry, soy sauce and add at the end with the pineapple chunks after stir frying any veg you've got.
    • lynzpower
    • By lynzpower 26th Apr 06, 4:19 PM
    • 24,745 Posts
    • 39,940 Thanks
    lynzpower
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:19 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:19 PM
    I would use some honey watered down and stirred in with some soy sauce. Got any sesame oil? If so wack a bit of that in as well - should be lovely x
    Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast
    • CAFCGirl
    • By CAFCGirl 26th Apr 06, 4:26 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 19,307 Thanks
    CAFCGirl
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:26 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 4:26 PM
    I think a strange combo of the two would do nicely!
    Some waterdown honey and soy sauce with some 5 spice thrown in just for good measure

Thanks peeps xx

10 years and still don't have a clue what I'm doing

Trying to get by on a single Emergency Services income
    Fashion On The Ration Coupons 43\66 IT'S THE YARN
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

176Posts Today

2,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin