Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Zed42
    • By Zed42 26th Apr 06, 11:28 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 5,621 Thanks
    Zed42
    • 26th Apr 06, 11:28 AM
    • 26th Apr 06, 11:28 AM
    I don't make sweets, but I do do loads of baking with DD (2.5yrs also).

We make muffins / flapjacks / biscuits (She enjoys rolling them out and using the cutters), anything that she can mix or add the ingredients to .... just watch out for the amount of biscuit dough your DS consumes before you've managed to cook them though! My DD loves it.
  • dorsetmiss
    • 26th Apr 06, 11:38 AM
    • 26th Apr 06, 11:38 AM
    Is this site any use?

http://www.sugarboy.co.uk/acatalog/Recipes.html
  • purpleimp
    • 26th Apr 06, 12:00 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 12:00 PM
    I used to make tablet but I never seem to have the time anymore,

the other thing I used to make was "minties" an old war time recipe that was from a magazine cut out that lived in my mums cook book they're made from syrup and powdered milk like a cross between butterscotch,and murraymints and something chewy, I'll dig it out if you fancy a look, be warned they are an aquired taste , they're coated in milk to stop them sticking together and folk either love m or hate em!
    • Glad
    • By Glad 26th Apr 06, 12:11 PM
    • 17,957 Posts
    • 39,913 Thanks
    Glad
    • 26th Apr 06, 12:11 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 12:11 PM
    a couple of threads that may help are here and here

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
  • monty100
    • 26th Apr 06, 12:52 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 12:52 PM
    Just a thought - sweet making usually involves sugar at VERY high temperatures. Not to be recommended with a 2 1/2 yr old who will probably get very frustrated because they can't actually do much to get involved!

Much better to stick with the cakes/cookies for now?
    Taking control, slowly.
    • Aril
    • By Aril 26th Apr 06, 1:30 PM
    • 1,880 Posts
    • 16,730 Thanks
    Aril
    • 26th Apr 06, 1:30 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 1:30 PM
    Peppermint creams should be ok. I've done them in various garish colours with different flavours over the years and when the small person and I made them we used lots of different shaped cuttters. I also used to make up glace icing and decorate sweet tea biccies with various toppings [sugar strands]etc depending on what we had in the cupboard.
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!

Not Buying It 2016
    • recovering spendaholic
    • By recovering spendaholic 26th Apr 06, 1:37 PM
    • 3,049 Posts
    • 15,426 Thanks
    recovering spendaholic
    • 26th Apr 06, 1:37 PM
    • 26th Apr 06, 1:37 PM
    Cornflake cakes and truffles (cake crumbs and melted chocolate with raisins) are really easy to make and great fun (My DD loves making them) and also marzipan fruits are easy too - although HM marzipan does contain egg whites so maybe not for the very young.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

2,125Users online

Martin's Twitter