Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sparkle_monkey
    • By sparkle_monkey 9th Apr 06, 6:36 AM
    • 113Posts
    • 31Thanks
    sparkle_monkey
    Tasty muffins using microwave?
    • 9th Apr 06, 6:36 AM
    Tasty muffins using microwave? 9th Apr 06 at 6:36 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I don't have an oven so I'm stuck with trying to bake in the microwave. I just tried to make healthy muffins, with wheatbran, bananas and blueberries but they've come out like stodgy rocks! Is it because I'm using mostly wholewheat flour? (1 cup w/wheat, 1/2 cup white) If a recipe is for the oven can I cook it in the micro instead? This recipe was for oven baking so I'm wondering if that's the reason they are so rubbish
    I've not managed to bake one decent thing in the microwave - please do you have a good muffin recipe for the microwave? . :confused:
    thanks
    ps are there any other healthy snacks u make in the micro? I'm trying to wean myself off chocolate...
Page 1
    • susank
    • By susank 9th Apr 06, 11:05 AM
    • 796 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    susank
    • 9th Apr 06, 11:05 AM
    • 9th Apr 06, 11:05 AM
    try www.cooks.com - they have microwave recipes for muffins or just search google for microwave muffins
    s
    Saving in my terramundi pot 2, 1 and 50p just for me!
    • sparkle_monkey
    • By sparkle_monkey 9th Apr 06, 11:53 PM
    • 113 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    sparkle_monkey
    • 9th Apr 06, 11:53 PM
    • 9th Apr 06, 11:53 PM
    If I am replacing the sugar with applesauce do I use the same amount? i.e. 3/4 cup sugar = 3/4 cup applesauce? Also if a recipe says wheatbran cereal will plain wheatbran work ok?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,766Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter