Inheritance..

Comments

• margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Best wishes to your MIL for a speedy recovery and for a return to health.

There is no such thing as an inheritance until someone actually pops their clogs.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • foulplay13
    foulplay13 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Best wishes to your MIL for a speedy recovery and for a return to health.

There is no such thing as an inheritance until someone actually pops their clogs.

and she is doing well this afternoon, thank you (she is well aware of our situation and the complications of the will)..

On the subject of the will, it is 'absolute' thanks to my FIL's wishes, so can't be changed.

Thanks all
  • Glad to here your MIL is better today foulplay13, my last grandparent is in hospital at the moment, and it seems more a matter of when rather than if at the moment, but she keeps bounceing back, much to the surprise of the medical staff, which is her to a tee, she has not had an easy life, so why make anyone elses life easy:p, bless her:D

The one thing that always gets me with inheratence posts, does any of the crics actually stop to think what the auther of the will wants:confused:

Most parents have worked hard, not only to make there life confortable, but so they can leave something to there kids, and more poiniant, grandkids.

Has anyone stopped to think the auther of the will may, if still alive, Object to it being swollowed up in a BR, and if they knew they may not have written the will the way they did.

Something for anyone writing a will to think about;)
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    BaaB - thats exactly why my Dad changed his will. He mentioned it first (if I remember rightly) and he was the one who looked into things as to what he could and couldn't do. As far as he was concerned, he was not intending to die at any point but if he was damned if his hard earned (very hard earned at some points) cash was going to my OR because of my circumstances. He wanted the money to make my life and my kids lives, better.

And its his money. He can do what he pleases with it. He also threatened toperhaps buy shares in Ipswich Town football club instead.. :rolleyes:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    skylight wrote: »
    He also threatened toperhaps buy shares in Ipswich Town football club instead.. :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Going a bit far there. :p
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • I am one of the few blokes who does not do football, but by fermi's reaction i take it that is bad then:confused::p:rotfl:
    Thats it, i am done, Blind-as-a-Bat has left the forum, for good this time, there is no way I can recover this account, as the password was random, and not recorded, and the email used no longer exits, nor can be recovered to recover the account, goodbye all …………. :(
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I am one of the few blokes who does not do football, but by fermi's reaction i take it that is bad then:confused::p:rotfl:

I also do not 'do football'. :o

Fun winding up those that do.;)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • foulplay13
    Glad to here your MIL is better today

The one thing that always gets me with inheratence posts, does any of the crics actually stop to think what the auther of the will wants:confused:

Most parents have worked hard, not only to make there life confortable, but so they can leave something to there kids, and more poiniant, grandkids.

Exactly...

My FIL, wanted everything for his daughter,. they worshiped each over..

:)

• foulplay13
    Football, what as that got to do with my question??

:(
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    foulplay13 wrote: »
    Football, what as that got to do with my question??

:(

Nothing at all, just sometimes something silly gets picked up in a post and we like to have a little fun with it. It helps sometimes to smile when things are getting tough, after all they can't take our sense of humour, even if they try to take everything else.

Sorry to have upset you.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business