Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Littlemiss-lotsofdebt
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:12 PM
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:12 PM
    If I want to look loaded, then I apply a fake tan, get my hair done (model nights so free!), and do a french manicure - have mastered this now so don't get them done in a salon anymore. Then I put my best togs on - makes me feel loaded anyway, even if I am drinking Labrini in the pub LOL
    Its nice to be important but more important to be nice!
  • queenofthedump
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:13 PM
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:13 PM
    I have a pal who looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards and she is loaded (thats an easy one to replicate).
  • D&DD
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:15 PM
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:15 PM
    I have a pal who looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards and she is loaded (thats an easy one to replicate).
    by marieb

thought you knew ME then but sadly I'm not loaded..
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Marketing Manager
    • zincoxide
    • By zincoxide 17th Mar 06, 2:16 PM
    • 1,059 Posts
    • 6,535 Thanks
    zincoxide
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:16 PM
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:16 PM
    • Stick your nose up in the air
    • Be rude to waiters (and enjoy the 'extras' in your food)
    • Wear a suit everyday or at least a nice shirt & tie or blouse for the ladies
    • Be patronising when you speak
    • Pretend your farts don't smell
    • Read the financial times
    • Put Ipod earphones in your ears even though you don't have one!
    • Pretend you don't watch reality shows
    • Drink Tesco Value lemonade out of your best glasses, put a grape in there and pretend it's a martini!!
    • Buy some cheap tweed on ebay
    • Paint your solo car Gold or Silver
    • Carry a diary with you and if anyone aks you to do something refer to that first (don't write 'watch coronoation street' in it!)
    • Suck your belly in and pop your chest out at every occasion
    • Quaff your drinks
    • Sniff wine before downing it it
    • Ok - don't down wine - sip it
    • Read the menu's displayed on the outside of fancy restaurants and pretend you had something that sounds exotic instead of the cheese sandwiches in you pocket!
    • Snort when you laugh
    • Carry a hankerchief everywhere
    • Iron your socks & pants
    • If someone mentions the internet mention how you've heard about the 'masses' using this interweb thingy
    Last edited by zincoxide; 17-03-2006 at 2:19 PM.
    Treat others as you would like to be treated
  • queenofthedump
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:19 PM
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:19 PM
    my friend has just told me another one haggle over 10p at car boot sales and then pretend you bought it at an auction.
    • BlondeHeadOn
    • By BlondeHeadOn 17th Mar 06, 2:27 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 2,963 Thanks
    BlondeHeadOn
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:27 PM
    I used to live in Henley, and all the really loaded people there used to walk around in green wellies and smelly tweed jackets all the time. So to look really loaded (as in 'old money') I think I have to dig out my old gardening wellies and an ex-Oxfam tweed jacket, tweed-y skirt, headscarf - you get the picture. No make-up, hair scraped back - hey, this is a really cheap look to acheive!

I think I'd sooner wear jeans and a clean t-shirt though......
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 17th Mar 06, 2:27 PM
    • 3,146 Posts
    • 1,382 Thanks
    Xbigman
    Test drive a new car and make sure your friends see you. Then tell them you didn't buy it because you wanted one with greener credentials. This works best if you ride a bycicle or use the bus.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • youngandreckless
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:32 PM
    • 17th Mar 06, 2:32 PM
    Get similar sized friends to let you borrow clothes. Me and my sis wear eachothers stuff all the time so when I go out I feel like I have new clothes even when they're not mine! Never have to wear the same outfit so look like I've got a very extensive wardrobe!
  • ozzyfan
    I used to live in Henley, and all the really loaded people there used to walk around in green wellies and smelly tweed jackets all the time. So to look really loaded (as in 'old money') I think I have to dig out my old gardening wellies and an ex-Oxfam tweed jacket, tweed-y skirt, headscarf - you get the picture. No make-up, hair scraped back - hey, this is a really cheap look to acheive!
    by BlondeHeadOn
    don't forget to add a few bits of straw in the top of your wellies then you can say you've been to the stables

Bring your shopping home from Lidls in M&S or designer carrier bags
  • freeclimber
    Set up a homemade tent in your garden, then drop 'spent last week enjoying our private yurt' into conversation.
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions. A.A. Latimer
    Debt Jan 06: 103,000
    Current: 99,000
    Debt-free date: 2465 (give or take a century)
    Current homemade banana bread status: 2 slices left
    Current statement/letter stack: 8.6 inches
    The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money
  • mostwantd
    Fake Tan Fake Nails Fake Hair.... Hmm Sounds like Chantelle lol!!
    If you can't make it FAKE It. ( now that can be used in many contents )

Ebay is FAKELAND! especially if items are dropped shipped from china or anywhere far east .You can buy "Replicas" or Authentic Clothes at good prices
    And still look good.

Remember though its not the designer clothes that make you look good its how you wear them and carry yourself!!

Most of the richest people dress down to avoid unwanted attention.
    тнє ѕєяєт тσ яєαтινιту ιѕ кησωιηg нσω тσ нι∂є уσυя ѕσυяєѕ
    • BlondeHeadOn
    • By BlondeHeadOn 17th Mar 06, 2:52 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 2,963 Thanks
    BlondeHeadOn
    Set up a homemade tent in your garden, then drop 'spent last week enjoying our private yurt' into conversation.
    by freeclimber
    Is this 'yurt' as in big white shiney thing that sails on the water...?....?...
  • freeclimber
    Originally posted by BlondeHeadOn
    Is this 'yurt' as in big white shiney thing that sails on the water...?....?...
    That would be the one. Yurt = Asian nomad's tent. Therein lies the deception. It works better when spoken. I'll get my coat.
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions. A.A. Latimer
    Debt Jan 06: 103,000
    Current: 99,000
    Debt-free date: 2465 (give or take a century)
    Current homemade banana bread status: 2 slices left
    Current statement/letter stack: 8.6 inches
    The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money
    • BlondeHeadOn
    • By BlondeHeadOn 17th Mar 06, 3:25 PM
    • 2,208 Posts
    • 2,963 Thanks
    BlondeHeadOn
    Durrr - I've having a lot of blonde moments today, this must be one of them!! Must be because it's Friday......
    • skintchick
    • By skintchick 17th Mar 06, 3:48 PM
    • 14,668 Posts
    • 23,339 Thanks
    skintchick

I think I'd sooner wear jeans and a clean t-shirt though......
    by BlondeHeadOn

I have lived in Henley for nine years and have never seen anyone walking around town looking like that! You're all just fuelling your own prejudices against the upper classes, when this thread was actually about people who are loaded, which includes the likes of Wayne Rooney, who most certainly is not upper class!

Or did you mean in-Arden rather than on-Thames???
    DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007
    married 21 6 08 Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014!
    • MrsTinks
    • By MrsTinks 17th Mar 06, 3:59 PM
    • 14,994 Posts
    • 23,044 Thanks
    MrsTinks
    Dunno about In-Arden but the -on-Thames certainly does have welly people At least one chap I went on a few dates with "who's parents were well to do wot wot" was a bit like that... not saying he turned up for dinner looking like it but I've seen his dad poodling round the antique shop in similar attire... wanted a little something for the missus... 2000 later and a deadly horrid ornament was apparently the result All I can say is that a lot of people I knwo who have money don't always have the uhmmmm same taste as me
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's!

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
    • KatrinaC
    • By KatrinaC 17th Mar 06, 4:00 PM
    • 528 Posts
    • 387 Thanks
    KatrinaC
    Get your OH to dress up in a chauffeurs uniform and get him/her to drive you around whilst you recline in the back seat (I suspect this won't work with a rust ridden 20 year old VW Polo though...)

Kat
  • mostwantd
    this thread is just getting funnier!
    тнє ѕєяєт тσ яєαтινιту ιѕ кησωιηg нσω тσ нι∂є уσυя ѕσυяєѕ
    • skintchick
    • By skintchick 17th Mar 06, 4:03 PM
    • 14,668 Posts
    • 23,339 Thanks
    skintchick
    Dunno about In-Arden but the -on-Thames certainly does have welly people
    by tine
    Perhaps they all hide when they see me coming?

"Quick darling, duck behind here! It's the awful skint woman coming down the road!"

DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007
    married 21 6 08 Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,942Users online

Martin's Twitter