Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • di3004
    • By di3004 3rd May 09, 9:41 PM
    • 42,302 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    • #2
    • 3rd May 09, 9:41 PM
    • #2
    • 3rd May 09, 9:41 PM
    Hi CCCS adviced I write a First Right of Appropriation letter to stop the bank from take husbands wage but I’m not sure how to do this, is there a template letter I could use any help would be most welcome.

    Originally posted by jp30001

    Hi there

    CCCS Sarah posted this on here for this purpose:

    Example letter – first right of appropriation
    CCCS Client No:
    Creditor’s Name:
    Account/Agreement No:
    Dear Sir/Madam
    Account Number: First Right of Appropriation
    A payment of £(amount) will be paid into the above account on this date (date). The account is currently overdrawn; however I need the money to meet my living expenses, utilities and rent payments over the next week.
    I am writing to give notice that I intend to use my ‘first right of appropriation’ to earmark the £(amount) for this purpose and will withdraw the sum of £(amount) on this date (date) in order to do so.
    I will contact you separately to make arrangements to repay my accounts which remain with you.
    Yours faithfully
    (Print name)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 4th May 09, 7:32 AM
    • 12,168 Posts
    • 9,203 Thanks
    • #3
    • 4th May 09, 7:32 AM
    • #3
    • 4th May 09, 7:32 AM
    This is a short-term 'fix'.

    You need to open a new account for OH wages asap - one unconnected to any of your debts.

    Throw the overdraft in to the dmp
  • vin2216
    • #4
    • 26th May 09, 10:08 AM
    • #4
    • 26th May 09, 10:08 AM
    Can someone please let me know if I can get back my DLA after the bank took the lot in charges (which I'm chasing seperately). The bank is adamant that this right is not enforceable and are point blank refusing to refund the DLA - with 4 kids and no job, 400 quid is a fortune to me. Please can someone advise me here?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,243Posts Today

9,602Users online

Martin's Twitter