Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 17th Mar 09, 1:01 PM
    • 1,235Posts
    • 3,568Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    0 WOW
    Hotel Sales Deals Note Discussion
    • 17th Mar 09, 1:01 PM
    0 WOW
    Hotel Sales Deals Note Discussion 17th Mar 09 at 1:01 PM
    For a full list of hotel sales and 2for1 nights see the

Regularly Updated:
    Hotel Sales Page

If you've spotted or heard of more... please tell us with as much detail as possible, including whether it was emailed to you or it's a deal available to all. We'll then check out whether it's legit for others and, if it is, add it onto the page.

... just click reply to report new top spots

Thanks for your help

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Researcher; 14-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Page 1
  • Laurent_F
    • 18th Mar 09, 12:36 PM
    • 18th Mar 09, 12:36 PM
    Hi,

There are some great money saving offers for luxury hotels in the UK and abroad via Great Hotels of the World
    http://www.ghotw.com/offers.aspx
    You can view all currently available offers at the page above. Some offers are valid until December 2009.

Thanks
  • rumpoleatelton
    • 25th Mar 09, 2:01 PM
    Jan
    • 25th Mar 09, 2:01 PM
    Dear MSE many thanks for the heads up on the Malmaison % discount for Mother's Day, my 72 year old husband treated me to the best room in the house at Mal in Oxford, saved 284 on the rate for the night!! As our booking was last minute they said they had no table in the restaurant for dinner or any parking available. Hubby rang back - spoke to the manager in Oxford explained we had just booked the most expensive room in his hotel and couldn't believe that they didn't keep a table or parking available for that high paying guest!! We got parking and a table!! Thanks MSE
  • gaz_jones
    • 25th Mar 09, 2:29 PM
    • 25th Mar 09, 2:29 PM
    Another happy MSE'r Cheers for letting us know how it went I love it when you manage to save a fortune on a hotel room.
  • squidworth
    • 27th Mar 09, 8:56 AM
    • 27th Mar 09, 8:56 AM
    For Mr and Mrs Smith telegraph offer is it me or does it seem you have to join as a member for at least 15 a year before you can even check availability?
  • andy_i
    • 31st Mar 09, 1:48 PM
    200 off Hilton Worldwide Resorts
    • 31st Mar 09, 1:48 PM
    Hi guys.

Saw this deal and thought it might be of interest...

Hilton Worldwide Resorts are offerring 200 off when you book a flight and resort package for minimum 5-nights.

Search for "Hilton Worldwide Resorts"

Hope that helps people afford a decent summer break!
    • Blue264
    • By Blue264 31st Mar 09, 10:44 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 923 Thanks
    Blue264
    • 31st Mar 09, 10:44 PM
    • 31st Mar 09, 10:44 PM
    Ramada Hotels UK are doing an Easter Break special from 99 for two nights B&B with dinner on your first night, and kids stay free!

http://www.ramadajarvis.co.uk/spring.aspx?click=home_box1spring

De Vere Venues have their low cost bedroom finder (the yellow box)where you can get rates from 19 per night in lots of locations.

http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/home.html

Principal Hayley hotels have their 'Simple Break' offer with rates from 65 per night.
    http://www.principal-hayley.com/stay/special-offers/simple-breaks

Innkeepers Lodge have a few great offeres with prepaid rates from 29, 3 for 2 nights and 3 nights for 99 midweek.
    http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/

Or you can get luxury country hotels for as little as 49 per person per night Dinner, Bed & breakfast on this site...
    http://www.offpeakluxury.com/index-new.cfm
    That might sound a lot, but when you think what a restaurant bill for two can add up to...
  • alexandra.robyn
    • 7th Apr 09, 4:12 PM
    Great deal at Marriott Hotels, get the 3rd night FREE!
    • 7th Apr 09, 4:12 PM
    If you book 3 night stays at Marriott hotels you get the 3rd night free. You can stay 3 nights for 59 per person!

The offer is valid for stays Thursday to Sundays so perfect for the Easter break, but i believe its valid until mid May.

However when you're booking the hotel on the site it will show the rate for 3 nights but when you come to pay upon checking out the cost of the 3rd night is deducted. You HAVE to pay with your VISA card though to get the offer.

Have a look here for some great offers, and you have to input 3 nights for the special offer to work (if you just put in 2 nights you get a message saying that the rooms are unavailable)

I've just booked a stay for Easter and saved about 65 so pretty happy!

Go to the Marriott website and then click on the 3 for 2 offer

Alex
  • Katie1984
    • 8th Apr 09, 10:05 AM
    Marriott 3 for 2 offer
    • 8th Apr 09, 10:05 AM
    Thanks Alex for the heads up on the Marriott 3 for 2, I've just booked London for a long weekend over Easter and saved 125!!! Your right about the process, it looks like you are paying for 3 nights when you book but when you check out and pay by VISA they discount the price of the 3rd night!!

Hurry up and book though as they have to be booked by 1st May but you can stay up until the 31st.

I also noticed they are offering upto 30% off if you book 30 days in advance!! Then discounts on a sliding scale, the later you leave it the smaller the discount. I think this runs all year so worth bearing in mind if you are planning a trip!!
  • chinup
    two posters above? i'm figuring -new starters,both using virtually christian names,both write in same sales-speak= yep, i smell SPAM !
    remember always -'' life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage''
  • Katie1984
    Thanks for your comment but no actually I cant speak for the previous commenty but FYI - I always check this site and email updates for deals and never get the time to make a comment on anything even though i regularly save money on the offers i see here - on this occasion i thought id make the effort seeing the saving that was made - and why would i need a stange user name when mine is perfectly fine - dont think i'll make the effort to post any comments in future if this is the response you get - cheers 'chinup'
    • jennyj
    • By jennyj 8th Apr 09, 11:12 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jennyj
    De Vere Venues
    Received this email today with hotel rooms for 10 a night which may be of interest so here is the link. I booked a room in June for one night at 10 today on my AMEX card with the 5% cash back. Sorry the link was not allowed so just go the above's website.
  • Phyre Faerie
    Hiyas..
    Was interested in the Malmaison offer until I realised they charge you 20 quid just for the privilege of parking at the hotel. I am reading this right arn't i? It is early after all lol
    Got Married 1st may '10!
    Our Money Saving wedding was the best day of our lives!!

• janineo
    • By janineo 15th Apr 09, 8:22 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    janineo
    Damn!
    I booked a Holiday Inn last night, and now discover I could have got it 40 cheaper! Unfortunately it's a non-refundable booking
    • Obukit
    • By Obukit 15th Apr 09, 10:31 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,150 Thanks
    Obukit
    Damn!
    I booked a Holiday Inn last night, and now discover I could have got it 40 cheaper! Unfortunately it's a non-refundable booking
    Originally posted by janineo
    Hi,

If you give the hotel a call directly they may, at their discretion, change it for you - deposits are charged manually at the hotel so there's a good possibility that they won't have taken any money yet. Just ask if you can change the rate to IVFF2, or, if not available IVFF1 rate code (same cancellation and deposit policy).

Hope that helps and good luck getting it changed!

Kit
    • brryssn
    • By brryssn 15th Apr 09, 12:34 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    brryssn
    After seeing the info about the Friends & Family deal Holiday Inn etc are doing, I booked last night for Berlin. It still sounds too good to be true!!
    I've been looking at prices for a while, & I've got this for almost half the prices I've seen elsewhere - we are only there for one night, then going on to Paris for two nights, so I'm just looking at hotels there now & hope to book soon.
    Many thanks for this info. - you always save me a fortune!................
  • ticketcollector
    Just tried the F&F link and its now coming up with a 403 forbidden error for me. Have they already taken the link down?
    Ex-Employee of a Train Operating Company.
    Ticket routing and rules expert.
    Been Penalty Fared on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you win your appeal.
    Been sent a summons on the Railway? PM me and Ill try to help you.
  • singingpotato1979
    Just tried the F&F link and its now coming up with a 403 forbidden error for me. Have they already taken the link down?
    Originally posted by ticketcollector
    Same here
    • brryssn
    • By brryssn 15th Apr 09, 5:56 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    brryssn
    Same here
    Originally posted by singingpotato1979
    I've just tried it again & the same thing is happening!!

Last night I was able to book a room in Berlin with no problem, & looked at Paris Hotels OK but didn't book - perhaps I should have !! :rolleyes:
    • eslick
    • By eslick 15th Apr 09, 6:22 PM
    • 2,038 Posts
    • 1,321 Thanks
    eslick
    check out these rates they were half the price than the f&f a few weeks ago, we got a room for 42 instead of 89

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en/c/2/content/dec/teaser/hi/925/en/lp/breaks.html?cm_sp=HISpring09-_-Tactical-_-Spotlight&a=b.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

5,024Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Oh if only one were brave/honest enough to say "my mental health" - in answer to the weakness question. I say this? https://t.co/RyihpzwPdY

• Been out with the little one, just got back and turned the #c4debate on. What have i missed? Who is winning?

• It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Follow Martin