Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
  • ladylumps45
    • #2
    • 2nd Mar 09, 12:47 PM
    • #2
    • 2nd Mar 09, 12:47 PM
    hi, yes you can,i claimed IB when my ex partner was working full time i still got it.i still claim it now.
    • healy
    • By healy 2nd Mar 09, 1:15 PM
    • 4,716 Posts
    • 9,346 Thanks
    • #3
    • 2nd Mar 09, 1:15 PM
    • #3
    • 2nd Mar 09, 1:15 PM
    I have been off work now for 28 weeks so I'm having to go from SSP to IB. My boyfriend is going to be moving in with me so hopefully we will be able to claim WTC on his low income. I also have one dependent child at home. I have no idea how the benefits system works so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by bigmamma64
    New claims for IB stopped at the end of October last year so you will now need to claim the Employment and Support Allowance. If you are entitled to the contribution based version you will be able to claim this with a working partner.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,431Posts Today

7,171Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin