Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 23rd Jan 09, 9:35 AM
    • 1,242Posts
    • 3,573Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    "Is Consumer Focus in British Gas’ pockets?" blog discussion
    • 23rd Jan 09, 9:35 AM
    "Is Consumer Focus in British Gas’ pockets?" blog discussion 23rd Jan 09 at 9:35 AM
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.
Page 1
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 23rd Jan 09, 11:31 AM
    • 13,613 Posts
    • 18,914 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    • 23rd Jan 09, 11:31 AM
    • 23rd Jan 09, 11:31 AM
    Of course Consumer Focus are useless - look who set them up (Britain).

I remember the outgoing CEO of Energywatch saying on GMTV that Consumer Focus would be more policy based rather than consumer issue based.

It just goes to show that they (Consumer Focus) don't know what they're talking about if they're telling people to look at switching now when there's an unlevel playing field in the market.

Makes me wish we were a Communist country.

Voya tovarisch*,

MbW

* Your comrade
    Last edited by MothballsWallet; 23-01-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Translate Russian
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
    • UnlikelyButTrue
    • By UnlikelyButTrue 28th Jan 09, 8:58 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    UnlikelyButTrue
    • 28th Jan 09, 8:58 PM
    • 28th Jan 09, 8:58 PM
    I had the misfortune to have worked in British Gas's call centre in the past, and read the final line of the consumer focus statement with horror-
    'doing the right thing' is the slogan of the company, we had it drummed into us relentlessly. if proof was needed they are in British Gas's pocket, there it is!
    ... and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,143Posts Today

5,779Users online

Martin's Twitter