The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Crafting for Christmas 2009, let's begin again.......

The big day has come and gone and the flannel reindeer and cupcakes were well received. :A Snowman soup all drunk and Pots of gold all chuckled over, with the occassional winner! :jat My themed hampers were oooohed and ahhhhed over and now we begin again anew for Christmas 2009. Trouble is I can't repeat this years gifts as they have all been done, so the challenge will be to find new ideas
My first idea is to make fabric advent calenders for the 3 youngest members of the family and rag dolls as they are all girls..............:think:
Any more idesa out there???????
Let the challenge begin ladies, we can do it, we can create lol:j
Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:

Comments

• sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am knitting the AK traditions dolls for my 2 little grandaughters for next christmas, making the Tilds Hobby reindeer for 3 grandchildren, and jacobs ladder photo albums for all 4 grandchildren. I will also be knitting slippers and felting them for all littleies and slippers for most of the ladies. Might sound alot but believe me compared to what I took on this year, my choice!, its not. I will be keeping it far more simple for me as I have made myself ill over it. I attend a craft group at church once a week and that is when I plan to get the sewing done and sticking done. Knitting is so relaxing to me so I will be doing that at night with TV on.

Happy christmas
    http://tildaddict.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/a-tilda-hobbyhorse-or-should-i-say-hobbyreindeer/

http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/?s=jacobs+ladder
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    I have decided also to introduce a new tradition as mine are all teenagers now, every person has to buy 1 stocking filler gift for each family member, each person will then receive 5 gifts each and for once I will not have bought all of them on top of everything else and for once I will not know what everyone has as they are being unwrapped (including myown!!!)
  • I`m planning on making lots of luxurious cushions and vintage style half aprons.... thanks to the sewing machine I got off my Mum as one of my Christmas presents. First task tho is the Cath Kidston shabby chic curtains for my bathroom!

Poppy x
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Afternoon all

Well I made a start a few days ago :rotfl: and so far I have knitted 1 boa wool scarf, Have crochetted 1 bag (just in need of sewing up) and am on my 2nd boa scarf :T ...
    Im planning on making as much as I can -I have so much knitting, x stitch and crochet I want to do I thought I had better get started :p

Hopefully all this crafting will keep me away from the shops too ;)

I will probably make use some of the many beads I have left from jewellery making to decorate candles or something similar ....

Im so glad this thread has started now -whilst Im right into the swing of things... must make sure I keep an eye out for ideas:D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • she_grinch
    I have bought black card blanks from hobbycraft and am going to make all my xmas cars through January with my crafty daughter so we are ready in goodtime, we made all the birthday cards last year recycling some and embellishing them with stuff we have collected over the years.
  • she_grinch
    sethsgran wrote: »
    I am knitting the AK traditions dolls for my 2 little grandaughters for next christmas, making the Tilds Hobby reindeer for 3 grandchildren, and jacobs ladder photo albums for all 4 grandchildren. I will also be knitting slippers and felting them for all littleies and slippers for most of the ladies. Might sound alot but believe me compared to what I took on this year, my choice!, its not. I will be keeping it far more simple for me as I have made myself ill over it. I attend a craft group at church once a week and that is when I plan to get the sewing done and sticking done. Knitting is so relaxing to me so I will be doing that at night with TV on.

Happy christmas

http://tildaddict.wordpress.com/2008/11/20/a-tilda-hobbyhorse-or-should-i-say-hobbyreindeer/

http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/?s=jacobs+ladder

I think the hobby reindeer is wonderful, I made hobbyhorses for my daughters when they were younger and the looked great made from funky socks!!
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    I intend to start any 'crafty' stuff a bit earlier next year. Made a list of who had what this year to make sure I don't give them the same again and there's one or two bits I meant to do but didn't get around to like the cobweb chaser (just agardening glove -stuff the fingers with cotton wool, pop it on a pole and tie the wrist with ribbon.)
    Made a journal for myself and I'm so pleased with it I think I'll do a few of them as well.
    Pickled boobs - did pickled bums this year for grandson......so that has to be next............and more door hangers
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • i had my last craftfair about a week a go and spent last weekend sorting it all out what i need to keep what i need more of and what i can pass on to charity (i usually clear out at this time of year and what is end of line or out of season i pass on to a couple of charities and they can hopefully make a few extra pounds on them ) and i have been making doodles and notes for the new season and making a list of ideas for prezzies for the family for next christmas and someone just mentioned rag dolls and i have a couple of little girls in the family who will just be the right age for a doll for 2009 so i had better be on the lookout for some nice fabric to keep the the side for these.
    will have to keep busy making more tea cosys as these were one of my best sellers and as the credit crunch is starting to bite more people will need to these simple gifts ...... i hope ;) if i fall in with any items that will be of interest to the thread i'll add them on here
    :wink: while i knit i think

NORN IRON CLUB MEMBER NO# 304 :T
  • CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Nice to see others are thinking along the same lines already. I'll have to get my lists sorted against stuff I already have to hand from having overbought in the past, such as smellies, compact mirrors, etc. The hampers are a great idea and are something that I am going to be doing next year thanks to the fabulous ideas etc, that I have seen posted. Will be dipping into here regularly for any help or tips I can glean from you organised ladies. Thanks. Enjoy what's left of the day.
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • lucylema
    lucylema Posts: 834 Forumite
    I would love to be crafty for christmas 2009 = what could I start making now?
    Lucylema x :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport