Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zziggi
    • By Zziggi 15th Dec 08, 11:01 PM
    • 2,388Posts
    • 2,234Thanks
    Zziggi
    HM alcohol free Christmas puddings?
    • 15th Dec 08, 11:01 PM
    HM alcohol free Christmas puddings? 15th Dec 08 at 11:01 PM
    Does anyone have a good recipe for HM christmas puddings but ones without alcohol?

thanks in advance
Page 1
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 16th Dec 08, 5:40 AM
    • 9,089 Posts
    • 28,909 Thanks
    thriftlady
    • 16th Dec 08, 5:40 AM
    • 16th Dec 08, 5:40 AM
    Simply replace the alcohol with orange or apple juice -or milk.
    • Zziggi
    • By Zziggi 17th Dec 08, 7:35 PM
    • 2,388 Posts
    • 2,234 Thanks
    Zziggi
    • 17th Dec 08, 7:35 PM
    • 17th Dec 08, 7:35 PM
    Thanks thrifty

Does anyone know if you can make christmas puddings without steaming them/pressure cooking them for hours on end?

Doesn't seem too economical to me to HM than but spend all that money on gass to steam them.
    • Penelope Penguin
    • By Penelope Penguin 17th Dec 08, 8:34 PM
    • 17,087 Posts
    • 132,754 Thanks
    Penelope Penguin
    • 17th Dec 08, 8:34 PM
    • 17th Dec 08, 8:34 PM
    Thanks thrifty

Does anyone know if you can make christmas puddings without steaming them/pressure cooking them for hours on end?

Doesn't seem too economical to me to HM than but spend all that money on gass to steam them.
    Originally posted by Zziggi
    I f you Google "Christmas pudding microwave" you get lots of recipes - Margeruite Patten's is here

Penny. x
    Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding
    • juliapenguin
    • By juliapenguin 17th Dec 08, 9:55 PM
    • 759 Posts
    • 3,063 Thanks
    juliapenguin
    • 17th Dec 08, 9:55 PM
    • 17th Dec 08, 9:55 PM
    I'm with Penny (we penguins stick together). I've steamed and I've microwaved with and without alcohol and they're always delicious, given enough thick cream (or custard...)

Having said that, the best ever was one I tasted last year which had been matured a whole year, having been originally steamed.... Unbelievably good.... with fresh cream......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

306Posts Today

5,416Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin