Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Rowan
    Is it worth paying off a defaulted loan?
    • 6th Dec 08, 10:17 PM
    Is it worth paying off a defaulted loan? 6th Dec 08 at 10:17 PM
    I asked this in the "how to improve your credit rating" thread, a few days ago, but havent had an answer. I hope there is someone who knows!

I have two defaults (due to clear in May 2010 and Dec 2011), and I could scrape together the money to pay them back. At the moment I cant even get a mobile phone because of the defaults.

If I paid them off, would it make a difference? Do lenders see a default that has been repaid as less of an issue than a default that is still being paid off?

Or would it just leave me exactly where I am at the moment with a complete inability to get even a phone (for example), and my parents being out of pocket (till I pay them back)?

Thanks.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,306Posts Today

7,053Users online

Martin's Twitter