Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 23
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 10th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    • 4,846 Posts
    • 2,388 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . .and they charge it to my account at whatever is their current rate of exchange for that day. . . Can anyone advise?
    Originally posted by JayKayPol
    The rate of exchange from banks usually includes a roughly 3% loading over the wholesale rate. The agencies exchange at close to the wholesale rate for a relatively small charge (commonly 0.5% or less)

Edit
    If you want to compare some agency costs with those from banks then you could have a look at the <Monito comprison site>. You will find you'll need to scroll a long way down the list to find the charges by a bank.
    Last edited by Consumerist; 10-07-2018 at 3:22 PM.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • JayKayPol
    • By JayKayPol 10th Jul 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JayKayPol
    Ahhhh, I see. Thank you! I didn't understand that bit about the wholesale rate - not sure if that is clear in the article, or if I just missed it........................
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,445Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin