Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • bettyr
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:09 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:09 PM
    How about a risotto? I'm making one tonight.
  • FieryBlondeScot
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:21 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:21 PM
    ooh that sounds good how do i make a risotto? amateur delia smith im afraid!
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 27th Dec 05, 1:35 PM
    • 9,089 Posts
    • 28,909 Thanks
    thriftlady
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:35 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:35 PM
    If you look at the thread about leftover gammon you'll get lots of ideas,just use turkey instead of Gammon for most of them.
  • bettyr
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:44 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:44 PM
    ooh that sounds good how do i make a risotto? amateur delia smith im afraid!
    by FieryBlondeScot

Hehe! You've answered your own question.
    Look up Delia for various ways of doing rissoto. You could also do a search on here for the recipes thread.
    My own recipe wouldn't be any good to you as I don't measure anything!
    Remember to use risotto rice and it will turn out lovely.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 27th Dec 05, 1:56 PM
    • 10,323 Posts
    • 16,990 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:56 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 1:56 PM
    The easiest thing to do would be get a jar or tin of curry sauce or sweet and sour sauce, and heat the turkey up in it, then serve with plain boiled rice.
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• Iguana
    • By Iguana 27th Dec 05, 3:56 PM
    • 1,765 Posts
    • 648 Thanks
    Iguana
    • 27th Dec 05, 3:56 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 3:56 PM
    Turkey Pie.
    • Ticklemouse
    • By Ticklemouse 27th Dec 05, 5:21 PM
    • 4,896 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    Ticklemouse
    • 27th Dec 05, 5:21 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 5:21 PM
    I know this will only be for future reference, but we've just had a turkey korma using curry queen's base sauce recipe - find it on the recipe thread. Absolutely flippin' gorgeous and MIL agrees too
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 27th Dec 05, 5:53 PM
    • 9,089 Posts
    • 28,909 Thanks
    thriftlady
    • 27th Dec 05, 5:53 PM
    • 27th Dec 05, 5:53 PM
    Do you mean the curry or the plain leftover meat?If you mean the meat you can definitely freeze it,defrost it and make it into curry and eat,but what you mustn't do is refreeze any leftover curry.In other words don't freeze it twice.HTH
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 27th Dec 05, 5:54 PM
    • 17,431 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Yes it can be frozen Al Mac, I've been doing that for years.

Pink

Edited to add: As thriftlady says the cooked turkey must not be thawed and then re-frozen in the curry. I freeze mine in meal sized portions so that I only have to lift what I need out of the freezer.
    Last edited by Pink.; 27-12-2005 at 6:02 PM.
    • nearlyrich
    • By nearlyrich 27th Dec 05, 5:57 PM
    • 13,335 Posts
    • 16,542 Thanks
    nearlyrich
    I just sliced and froze most of the meat we had left, I usually leave it till it's less than appetising then throw it away so I am quite proud of myself.

We still have house guests who don't like curry so I will cook once they have gone (tomorrow)
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
    • in my wellies
    • By in my wellies 27th Dec 05, 11:18 PM
    • 878 Posts
    • 766 Thanks
    in my wellies
    Remember to reheat cooked meat for at least 20 mins
    Last edited by in my wellies; 28-04-2007 at 10:48 PM.
  • Jay-Jay
    I bought a jar of Lloyd Grossman's Rogan Josh tonight, heated it in a pan with a pile of ripped up turkey and had it with plain rice and naan breads. It was quick and lovely.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• FieryBlondeScot
    thanks i made a curry in the end at 11pm at night :-) late shift at work
    • Aril
    • By Aril 4th Jan 06, 1:33 PM
    • 1,882 Posts
    • 16,753 Thanks
    Aril
    Turkey leftovers (merged)
    Any different ideas with what to do with leftover frozen turkey other than cold or in a curry please? Apologies if there's already a thread elsewhere!
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 4th Jan 06, 1:47 PM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    If you check out the Cooking section of the MEGA Index thread there's a section on leftovers - two of which deal with chicken and so can readily be adapted, and others might well be worth a browse.

Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
  • LearningToSave.
    a nice turkey and mushroom rissotto.
    a pie/pastys etc.
    fajjitas.
    pizza topping.
    stir fry.

those are all i can think of off the top of my head.im sure i'll be back with more!!!

edit....and im back already......with a sauce(hm i do a spicy type) and pasta.
    • Aril
    • By Aril 9th Jan 06, 12:06 PM
    • 1,882 Posts
    • 16,753 Thanks
    Aril
    I used up my turkey leftovers!!
    I defrosted the remains of the turkey yesterday and in true OS rummaged around in the cupboard to see what else I'd got. Made up some packet stuffing and left it to cool down then blitzed it together with the turkey. Made into burgers, lightly brushed oil either side and then baked at 220C for 25 mins. Delicious!
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
    • MATH
    • By MATH 9th Jan 06, 12:07 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 5,603 Thanks
    MATH
    Wtg :t
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
    • comping cat
    • By comping cat 9th Jan 06, 12:11 PM
    • 23,809 Posts
    • 3,165,188 Thanks
    comping cat
    Well done, i still have 3 seperate portions in my freezer, had so much at xmas we are having a well deserved rest from turkey (for a couple of weeks anyway!!!)
    Catherine x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter