Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kayleigh_b69
    • By kayleigh_b69 19th Oct 08, 7:42 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 61Thanks
    kayleigh_b69
    Landy Bridal
    • 19th Oct 08, 7:42 PM
    Landy Bridal 19th Oct 08 at 7:42 PM
    Hi just looking for some advice - has anyone ordered their dress from landy bridal ? i have seen the most gorgeous dress on there but am worried with it being in China - is the quality as good as our shops ?

any advice or horror storys will be great

thanks
    have the best little boy in the world

Tomorrow never comes coz tomorrow is always Today

:confused: Why Cant life Be Simple????:confused:
Page 1
    • Sammy_Girl
    • By Sammy_Girl 19th Oct 08, 9:31 PM
    • 3,277 Posts
    • 7,912 Thanks
    Sammy_Girl
    • 19th Oct 08, 9:31 PM
    • 19th Oct 08, 9:31 PM
    Hi Kayleigh,

I've ordered my first BM dress from Landy, but that was only last week so it hasn't arrived yet.

I'm sure other ladies will be along shortly, as Landy has been quite popular on here.

What I do know, is that a lot of the dresses (not all) in the UK actually come from China, but the bridal shops just make a huge mark up.

I'm really excited about receiving my BM dresses. I would have ordered my dress from Landy, but typically I fell in love with one that I tried on
  • paddingtondoo
    • 20th Oct 08, 7:23 AM
    • 20th Oct 08, 7:23 AM
    My dress came from Landy - you can see it on the day on my thread Mrs P with pics. I got loads of compliments on the day and no one could believe that it cost under 100.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• asea
    • By asea 20th Oct 08, 10:43 AM
    • 1,275 Posts
    • 2,311 Thanks
    asea
    • 20th Oct 08, 10:43 AM
    • 20th Oct 08, 10:43 AM
    How long do they take to arrive? Thanks
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • scooper
    • 20th Oct 08, 12:17 PM
    • 20th Oct 08, 12:17 PM
    im about to as well so all advise will be fantastic to hear
    appreciate what you have got x
    • k4kate
    • By k4kate 20th Oct 08, 4:29 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    k4kate
    • 20th Oct 08, 4:29 PM
    • 20th Oct 08, 4:29 PM
    How long do they take to arrive? Thanks
    Originally posted by asea
    Landy quoted me 25 working days to make the dress and then 15 days for postage (which I have also taken to be working days). Mine is due about the end of November - can't wait.

It may seem like a long time but in reality 8 weeks is nothing compared to the 6 or so months you have to wait if you order your dress from a UK bridal shop!
  • paddingtondoo
    • 20th Oct 08, 6:27 PM
    • 20th Oct 08, 6:27 PM
    i ordered mine in January last year and received it at the beginning of march if I remember correctly - seems such a long while ago now .

So about 6 weeks as 2 weeks were a holiday for Chinese New Year. I do remember that my dress left China on a Thursday and I received it the following Thursday morning it was also in a parcel about the size of a laptop bag which scared me so much it took me an hour to pluck up courage to open it as mine was a very full organza dress with a long train so was convinced it could never fit in there. When I opened it it kind of popped up

• kayleigh_b69
    • By kayleigh_b69 22nd Oct 08, 6:08 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    kayleigh_b69
    • 22nd Oct 08, 6:08 PM
    • 22nd Oct 08, 6:08 PM
    thanks for the advice please let know what they all look like - mrs p yours looks fab im just a bit worried not buyin in a shop an tryin on
    have the best little boy in the world

Tomorrow never comes coz tomorrow is always Today

:confused: Why Cant life Be Simple????:confused:
  • paddingtondoo
    • 22nd Oct 08, 10:12 PM
    • 22nd Oct 08, 10:12 PM
    thanks for the advice please let know what they all look like - mrs p yours looks fab im just a bit worried not buyin in a shop an tryin on
    Originally posted by kayleigh_b69
    I went and tried on loads of dresses to see what suited me before I made a decision and ordered it on the basis that it hadn't cost all that much and I had enough time to sort a replacement but fortunately I didn't need to.

• sarahh07
    finally gonna do it
    Hiya again,

I have done all my measurments now and have decided on THE dress and I'm gonna try Landybridal. I'm not getting Married until Oct 3rd next year do you think it would be ok to order now and it not loose colour ect. I want to get it early incase I end up not liking it and have to start all over again. Mrs P how long did you have your dress at home before you got married?
  • paddingtondoo
    Hiya again,

I have done all my measurments now and have decided on THE dress and I'm gonna try Landybridal. I'm not getting Married until Oct 3rd next year do you think it would be ok to order now and it not loose colour ect. I want to get it early incase I end up not liking it and have to start all over again. Mrs P how long did you have your dress at home before you got married?
    Originally posted by sarahh07
    I ordered in Jan for a mid August wedding - dress was hung in my spare room wrapped in a duvet cover after I received it in the March. I tried to keep it out of the sun and didn't get a dress bag as thought it might sweat.

Have just been to have a look at it and its still as white as it was - still in duvet cover dumped on spare bed where its been for the last 2 1/2 months .

• wildcat2608
    Just to let you know that I have found a place in Uxbridge that does really cheap wedding dresses etc. You can also go there in person and try it on .. The dress I want is 169 and normally it costs 900.. I found them on Ebay and they email back really quickly.. I haven't actually used them yet as I am dieting, but I will be in the New Year but have a look

Check them out on Ebay Sweetsend Factory Shop..

I hope that helps..
    Be kind to nature, and nature will look after you...
    • Sammy_Girl
    • By Sammy_Girl 28th Oct 08, 9:14 PM
    • 3,277 Posts
    • 7,912 Thanks
    Sammy_Girl
    Oooh, I got an email from Grace at Landy today saying that my BM dress is on it's way!! I ordered it about 3 weeks ago and it should arrive in about a week - I can't wait!!!
  • sarahh07
    Thanks for your advise again. Grace emailed me today to tell me the hoop I would need to go with my dress (HS8003). I'm ordering it right now and feel really excited already (sad lol). Thay is a really good idea to put a duvet cover over it. Thank
  • lauranurse
    Hi im just about to order my dress from landy but am confused with the measurements. when it says under above bust do you measure all the way around or just across the front!!! Silly question i know but dont want to end up witht the wrong size dress
  • paddingtondoo
    have you tired looking on the measurements bit of her website - I think there are pictures that show you everything.

Can't help really as I was lucky enough to be a standard size (first time for everything)

• k4kate
    • By k4kate 30th Oct 08, 11:18 AM
    • 122 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    k4kate
    I've just had a call from DHL to say they have a parcel for me from China and to check whether it is for me or for resale!?! I said it was for me (think it's something to do with customs and tax) and they said it should be arriving tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!

Tomorrow night I will take some pics and post them on here. Just need to know the best way to do that. I know how to add links but not photos! Can anyone help on this?
  • *noodles*
    I ordered my dress for Landy, it took about 30 days to arrive (which I think is what they state) I had it made to measure, I was so nervous when I opened the packet, to begin with I thought it was awful then realised the dress was inside out!!!!

Having turned it round the right way I sat on the floor with tears in my eyes, the dress was just like the picture and the fit is perfect. I don't know much about fabric but my mum has told me the fabric is a good quality and the finish is fantastic. I was so glad I took the risk and ordered it I cant wait to wear it!!

Good luck
    100% MFW
    • k4kate
    • By k4kate 3rd Nov 08, 12:54 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    k4kate
    Photo time
    Ok - here goes!

Here is a link to me in my Landy dress. It arrived on Friday and it took me a while to work out how to post photos but this should work.

A couple are a bit out of focus and the dress needs taking in a little on the bust so on all of the photos there are pegs attached to either the front or back!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/KateC2b/MyWeddingDress?authkey=fjfb1WUNj9s#

Let me know what you think!
    • Stephb1986
    • By Stephb1986 3rd Nov 08, 1:05 PM
    • 6,103 Posts
    • 8,405 Thanks
    Stephb1986
    I think it looks lovely

Steph xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,676Posts Today

6,901Users online

Martin's Twitter