Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Weggy
    • By Weggy 19th Nov 05, 10:20 AM
    • 463Posts
    • 98Thanks
    Weggy
    Full and final settlement help thread
    • 19th Nov 05, 10:20 AM
    Full and final settlement help thread 19th Nov 05 at 10:20 AM
    Hi all

Am currently trying to negotiate with debt collection agencies, to get them to accept a full and final settlement figure. Does anyone have any tips on persuading them to lower their demands?

Thanks

Last edited by MSE Archna; 21-06-2006 at 7:41 AM.
Page 111
    • NeverendingDMP
    • By NeverendingDMP 7th Apr 18, 3:18 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    NeverendingDMP
    Same. My biggest debt has been sold then I got a letter from intrum. Pay 4563 in April which is 40% then increases each month etc or can carry on with payment as usual. Aaaaaaaargh. This is my biggest debt but I do not have 4500 and if I did three weeks is not enough to sort ,,, more arrrrgh

Dug in deep debt. I feel your pain x
    35,213 Jan 2018, SC =33001 c/c =1586 on 1st April 2018. 16.5 years remaining. 1.77% paid
    Mortgage 77230 in Jan 2018 - 76820 left on 1st April 2018. 18 yrs 11 months remaining. 0.5% paid
    • Dugdeepindebt
    • By Dugdeepindebt 7th Apr 18, 7:26 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dugdeepindebt
    I have sent them a counter offer but i highly doubt they will accept it
    Fingers crossed that some point in the future they offer us the same discount. For now I've decided to request cca and see what they come back with.
    • NeverendingDMP
    • By NeverendingDMP 7th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    NeverendingDMP
    On the plus side it must mean they paid a low price. I can't afford more than 10% if my total. After calming myself down from a missed opportunity I decided to think positive as if I win the lottery at any point my 40% offer now means that at some point when I'm rich and famous I may only have to pay 65 or 70. The likelihood is that I will do the right thing and pay off every penny though
    35,213 Jan 2018, SC =33001 c/c =1586 on 1st April 2018. 16.5 years remaining. 1.77% paid
    Mortgage 77230 in Jan 2018 - 76820 left on 1st April 2018. 18 yrs 11 months remaining. 0.5% paid
    • Lovetobedebtfree
    • By Lovetobedebtfree 9th Apr 18, 11:13 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lovetobedebtfree
    Thank you so much, very handy to know, I am hoping to be able to get a mortgage on my HA flat when it is allowed/released by the government so I know I need to save for a deposit which will take time but I also was advised to settle by a Mortgage advisor and then have no unsecured debt for 2 years to help my Mortgage application. So I was thinking of settling my debts as soon as possible to begin the process but maybe I don't need to stress too much if the defaults will show for another 5 years anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,715Posts Today

7,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin