Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    elfmay
    0 WOW
    Golden Britannia Penny
    • 8th Sep 08, 11:37 AM
    0 WOW
    Golden Britannia Penny 8th Sep 08 at 11:37 AM
    Don't know if this will be of interest to anyone? But I got a mailing from the London Mint Office this morning with this offer. I usually just throw them in the recycling bin TBH, but as this coin is no longer being struck and I like the colour design, I actually reserved one. Certainly wouldn't pay 19.95 for a penny, but can live with the 2.50 p&p. (just about).

I know it's not exactly money saving, paying 2.50 for a penny! :rolleyes: But just thought it might appeal to some.

http://www.londonmintoffice.org.uk/92001837/

IT'S OFFICIAL: after centuries ongoing tradition, Britannia is to vanish from our coinage. The Royal Mint has announced new coin designs from 2008, and Britannia will no longer feature on them.
    The London Mint Office would like to offer a limited number of UK mainland households the opportunity to share in the Britannia tradition, and so we are offering the Golden Britannia Penny, a 19.95 value - but it can be yours free - all you pay is 2.50 postage and packing.
    This genuine predecimal penny, layered with pure gold and with the design accented in full colour, is the finest way to preserve our Britannia coin heritage. As part of the design, the Union flag is accented in full colour!
    I need someone really bad! Are you really bad?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,449Posts Today

7,677Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @jeremyskidmore: @MartinSLewis I like Martin and he comes out with some excellent advice for consumers - particularly re-pointless Xmas?

• RT @davidgill1985: @MartinSLewis I actually love these polls (sad I know) - but imagine how amazing it would be to be a lion or soar the sk?

• RT @susie_dent: Let's never forget the 18th century Scottish term 'hurkle-durkling': lounging in bed long after it's time to get up.

• Follow Martin