Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BrandNewDay
    • By BrandNewDay 18th Aug 08, 12:22 PM
    • 1,674Posts
    • 2,340Thanks
    BrandNewDay
    Those foam cleaning eraser blocks...
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:22 PM
    Those foam cleaning eraser blocks... 18th Aug 08 at 12:22 PM
    I don't know what they are called in this country. In America, Proctor and Gamble sells them as Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They're these white foam block sponges that clean ANYTHING with just water. They're actually kinda miraculous - sort of a cross between a microfiber cloth and a find sanding foam block or something. They are great for getting stains off surfaces and scuffs off the walls.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about ? What are they called over here? I know I've bought one in the UK - I think at Wilkinsons when we lived in England a couple of years ago. What are they called and who stocks them here?

Thanks!

Page 1
    • Magentasue
    • By Magentasue 18th Aug 08, 12:27 PM
    • 4,201 Posts
    • 2,671 Thanks
    Magentasue
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:27 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:27 PM
    Do you mean this?

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/keyword/eraser/product/9009

Enter Lakeland for one item if you dare!
    • BrandNewDay
    • By BrandNewDay 18th Aug 08, 12:32 PM
    • 1,674 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    BrandNewDay
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:32 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:32 PM
    Do you mean this?

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/F/keyword/eraser/product/9009

Enter Lakeland for one item if you dare!
    Originally posted by Magentasue

Any excuse to go to Lakeland is fine by me! I can drool over their cleaning catalog for hours!

Thanks for that.

I know these things used to be sold as Flash Magic Erasers (the P&G brand) but I don't think they're in supermarkets any more. I also think JML makes one, but I don't know who would carry it.

• Gingernutmeg
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:37 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:37 PM
    I seem to remember seeing something similar sold on one of the shopping channels - I think it might have been QVC. Might be worth looking at their website as I think they had them on offer, one of those buy one and get a hundred free type deals lol.

Woolworths often carry JML stuff, if you've got a large one locally that might be worth a visit.

• littleemmie
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:56 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 12:56 PM
    I got a JML one from Tesco the other day, and I know Focus stores stock them too. In Tesco they were on the end of an ailse in the section with the kitchen utensils.
    Latest Wins: Mr Motivator workout DVD, 5 Itunes downloads, Ipod Stereo Dock, Tea, Ipod Nano, True Crime DVD set, Family Pass to Legoland, Eye Pencil, Seeds, Anita Shreves novel, 150 ASOS vouchers, Miracle Gro starter kit
  • Ronnietink
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:03 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:03 PM
    Wilkinsons still stock them (I think they r called 'magic eraser') Great little things!!
  • Valley's girl
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:10 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:10 PM
    You can also get them in the poundstores.
    Ally
    Official DMP Mutual Support Club Member No 30
    • Swan
    • By Swan 18th Aug 08, 2:13 PM
    • 6,633 Posts
    • 7,400 Thanks
    Swan
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:13 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:13 PM
    I got some in Poundland, they call them 'Duzzit' Sponge Erasers

EDIT ... cross-posted, must learn to type faster
    • sistercas
    • By sistercas 18th Aug 08, 2:31 PM
    • 4,842 Posts
    • 58,667 Thanks
    sistercas
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:31 PM
    • 18th Aug 08, 2:31 PM
    think i got mine from mr T's there were 3 in a box
  • SuziQ
    I absolutely love these things! I tend to buy in bulk when they are on TSV on QVC,although I didn't buy te last time as they came with a long reach handle which I knew I would never use-I just wanted the blocks!

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.826864/walk.yah.UKHG-U078

I have tried the poundland one but they dont seem as resilient as these ones so only use the cheap ones for one-off cleaning job.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 18-08-2008 at 3:05 PM.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
    • Swan
    • By Swan 18th Aug 08, 5:37 PM
    • 6,633 Posts
    • 7,400 Thanks
    Swan
    I have tried the poundland one but they dont seem as resilient as these ones so only use the cheap ones for one-off cleaning job.
    Originally posted by SuziQ
    thanks for the warning, I have to confess I've had mine for ages & never used them
    • wendywitch
    • By wendywitch 18th Aug 08, 5:43 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 15,029 Thanks
    wendywitch
    I got a box of 6 from Aldi the other day. They were called eraser sponge pads in there, think they were about £1.49.
  • missbargain
    Flesh magic eraser is the best, used to be stocked by Robert Dyas.

Now they stock JML instead, but I don't find it as good as Flesh. Not as resilient and doesn't clean as well. But still, they are good things to have around the house.
  • SuziQ
    The aldi ones were reduced to 99p when I was in there yesterday,I bought some microfibre cleaning pads,3 square padded cleaning loths. They are absolutely brilliant -much easier to hold and use than the thin cloths-and will be getting some more when I go back.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • yt5
    Flash magic eraser
    Purchased one today good for removing stain but by god it only lasted 10 mins it just fell apart
    • natbags
    • By natbags 22nd Jan 14, 7:15 PM
    • 279 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    natbags
    ALDI quite often have these in too
    • mummyroysof3
    • By mummyroysof3 22nd Jan 14, 7:52 PM
    • 4,318 Posts
    • 25,275 Thanks
    mummyroysof3
    I got some from amazon
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 22nd Jan 14, 8:15 PM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 7,530 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    Purchased one today good for removing stain but by god it only lasted 10 mins it just fell apart
    Originally posted by yt5
    I use them quite often and I find it's best to cut them down to smaller pieces as they do disintegrate quickly. My radiators have never looked as clean as they do after being washed down with these.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

27Posts Today

3,226Users online

Martin's Twitter