Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 5
    • Dennyjen
    • By Dennyjen 8th Mar 15, 1:09 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dennyjen
    Picking up friends from Heathrow
    Any advice please - I am picking up my 2 friends from Heathrow (they're coming in with National Express). Last time it cost me £10 just to park for less than an hour to pick them up. Is there somewhere else at Heathrow (has to be on the National Express stop route) where it would be cheaper, they only have hand luggage and so I only need to park for a matter of minutes!

Any advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    • quincyfirebox
    • By quincyfirebox 1st Apr 15, 10:42 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    quincyfirebox
    I've seen Holiday Extras 'free if you find it for less' and am curious what the hitch is? I'm looking at parking at Heathrow from the 6th until the 18th April.
    Holiday extras quotes purple parking long stay at £96.95. The Purple parking website quotes £79.95. Via the Virgin holidays website it's £63.00 for the exact same product. It can't be that easy surely?!
    • buckman
    • By buckman 7th Apr 15, 3:39 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    buckman
    Does the TIPO code still work?

I need 1 weeks parking at Birmingham, purple parking. And heard that TIPO halves (sometimes) the current quote?

There seems to be a pre-filled in quote when i log in at the moment, so either this is as good as the TIPO code or you can overide it somehow?
    • EdGasket
    • By EdGasket 7th Apr 15, 3:57 PM
    • 3,456 Posts
    • 1,446 Thanks
    EdGasket
    I've picked people up for free on two occassions last year from terminal 3's drop-off point. If you park away from the terminal building in one of the further bays, they aren't so well patrolled. Your friends will need to be there waiting though so that there is no hanging around.
  • Seth_518
    I was looking for parking at heathrow too, and I was thinking of parkatmyhouse which seems to be the #1 peer-to-peer parking platform here and which I haven't had the chance to try yet. However I have ended up parking at one of their European competitors which I knew from my last trip to amsterdam - mobypark - and who also offer parking at Heathrow marriot hotel now with free usage of public transport busses. If you dont mind paying your fee in euros, I'd recommend you to go for this option, its 9Ä day, secure parking and convenient. and in case you have to wait for the next bus you can get a coffee in the hotel lobby.
    • alexanelenia
    • By alexanelenia 12th Jul 18, 12:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alexanelenia
    The preferred airport parking choice of travelers from all walks of life, the Heathrow meet and greet service will put your mind at rest whilst youíre away from home. If you want to experience first class service and minimize the hassle of parking at the airport, then a Heathrow meet and greet service is ideal for you.
    If your arrival terminal is 2 or 3 and you arrive without the advance booking then one week stay could end up costing you a little over £200 but if you book in advance at the Heathrow Airport, then your Meet and greet Heathrow wonít be a bitter experience and you can get a reduced bill of £85.
    Itís quick and easy to find your ideal Heathrow meet and greet product when you book through We deal meet and greet.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

731Posts Today

6,690Users online

Martin's Twitter