Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,889Posts
    • 2,926Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 360
    • Middy_Oil
    • By Middy_Oil 7th Sep 18, 6:27 PM
    • 566 Posts
    • 14,942 Thanks
    Middy_Oil
    Dowman belt buddy (a good soft toy make from past experience) (to put on your (children’s) car seatbelt) - possibly only couple left in North Street, Brighton, in the car related section and a few in Haywards Heath in the toy section (didn’t actually look at car section so could have also been there).
    Brighton only had elephants, there were also bears wearing police hats in Haywards Heath.
    Both stores they were hanging next to the shelves, so could be elsewhere/multiple placings.

Edit: in wire baskets in some branches, also tigers and guardsmen costumed bears (the police one above also has a police jacket on)
    Last edited by Middy_Oil; 14-09-2018 at 6:26 PM.
    • savingmonkey
    • By savingmonkey 9th Sep 18, 4:14 PM
    • 922 Posts
    • 1,331 Thanks
    savingmonkey
    Lots of the baylis & harding beauticology items in Epsom store today in mango & mandarin, coconut &lime and strawberry and something I can't remember. Body butter, scrub, handcream and bath/shower creme. I got the coconut body butter to try, smells nice but not as thick as other butters I have used before.

My kids got a small blackboard with chalks that they are enjoying playing with.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 10th Sep 18, 2:34 PM
    • 26,053 Posts
    • 55,538 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I noted my local Poundland selling glue guns, the glue sticks can be purchased separately. I assumed they were hot (ie required batteries) but was disappointed to see that both were marked at 2 - making it a non-MSE purchase of 4. A gun with a small supply of glue priced at 1 would have been much better value. Better still is my craft glue, which has lasted for years.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 12th Sep 18, 7:25 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 3,491 Thanks
    LouLou
    Two quick things from Union Street, Glasgow:

A Boy, A Bear, A Balloon By Brittany Rubiano, RRP 3.99

and Pantene Micellar Cleanse & Nourish Foam Conditioner 180ml (I liked this, got a sample of it a while back, sister doesn't, for some reason).

1 each.

PS: Forgot to say, this store also has the Fry's Orange Cream 3 pack bars in stock, discussed recently on HUKD
    Last edited by LouLou; 12-09-2018 at 9:50 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 15th Sep 18, 9:31 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 3,491 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow:

Manhattan Fresher Skin "Breathable, Natural Finish Foundation, Shine-Free Finish, Does not Clog Pores" SPF15, 25ml, in 30 Soft Porcelain and 33 True Ivory shades.

1.95 at Fragrance Direct https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/manhattan-fresher-skin-foundation-25ml-0096149.html (more shades on there) but I think they're the German equivalent of Rimmel - all the Manhattan makeup I've picked up over the years has been decent.

Review in German/English: http://glamzeit.de/2016/11/23/manhattan-fresher-skin-foundation-review/

If you buy from Cosmetics Fairy (I used to, when they had Airspun Loose Powder in stock, been a while since I've had a browse!) they sell it for 99p in 34 Soft Beige http://www.cosmeticsfairy.co.uk/manhattan-fresher-skin-natural-finish-foundation-soft-beige-34.html
    Last edited by LouLou; 15-09-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

464Posts Today

6,310Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin