Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,899Posts
    • 2,933Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 359
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 11th Aug 18, 10:35 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow - various varieties of TRESemme 500ml Shampoos And Conditioners - Platinum Strength, Colour Revitalise, Smooth & Silky, 2.

Marvel 8 x Ice Cube Trays, 1.

12 Pack Of Paper-Mate Ballpoint Pens, Black or Blue, 1 (near the tills)

Card 'N' Go Seek, 1 - see it on Amazon here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Card-N-Go-Seek-Game/dp/B00RYZRB9M
    • mummypops
    • By mummypops 12th Aug 18, 12:19 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 243 Thanks
    mummypops
    Found mudguards, both a front and rear guard for a bicycle.
    Perfect fit that would have cost me 5.99 in Decathalon. Bought two sets for two different bikes in hope it will keep bums dry!!

They also had a great puncture repair kit, gel saddle cover and a pump that will clip on your bike. Great value.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 12th Aug 18, 6:18 PM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 57,457 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I found this on the 5 shelf today, took it to self-scan with the intention of seeing whether the price had come down...and was delighted to buy it for 2. I didn't appreciate how big the bottle is from Loulou's picture, it's 750ml so roughly 3 times the size of an ordinary shampoo bottle and is supposed to retail at 9.99. I shall report back as to whether it actually works or not!

Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Well, I'm reporting back because surprisingly, I actually really like this product! Subject to availability, I'll get some more this week.

Lastly, I hadn't seen this before but - apparently selling for 2+ elsewhere - again it smelled pleasant enough so I bought a couple, thinking they'll do for a holiday:

Again, this is a nice product to use - especially slathered on after a hot bath in the evening, weirdly it's gentle smell has helped me sleep.

At the Cosmetics section, there's also "Collection" (used to be called Collection 2000) Lip Balms, in Pink Strawberry, Green Apple and Orange Burst packs, 3 for 1.
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I'll look out for these too - having watched me get ready in the mornings, my little niece has insisted on "helping" me by applying my lipstick for me. Lip balm creates less damage
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 16th Aug 18, 11:47 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Poundland has a new skincare range called #6, rather cheekily sounds like Boots' range of skincare . First read about it here thanks to Caroline_1993 on HUKD.

Saw #6 in Argyle Street, Glasgow this afternoon (added the information I can see from my photo).

Left to Right:
    Micellar Cleansing Water 200ml,
    Anti-Ageing Night Cream "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Ceramides, Vitamins A, E & Pro Vitamin B5, Sweet Almond Oil And Algae Extract",
    Anti-Ageing Derma Serum "Fight visible signs of ageing with Sepilift Mono Peptide, Jojoba Oil, Vitamins A, C & E, White Water Lily Extract And Rice Milk" - Suitable for all skin types/Fragrance Free,
    Anti-Ageing Collagen Filler.

Edit: Here's close-up from Trongate, Glasgow store's window (all of these on this store's shelves today - except the Eye Cream, Saturday 18th August):

All say "Suitable For All Skin Types".

Anti-Ageing Day Cream: "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Ceramides, Sweet Almond Oil, Algae Extract & Vitamins A & E"

Micellar Cleansing Water: "With Pro-Vitamin B5, Aloe Vera, Chamomile And Vitamin E"

Anti-Ageing Eye Cream: "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Ceramides, Algae Extract & Flaxseed Oil"

Collagen Filler: "Fight Visible Signs Of Ageing With Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter & Algae Extract"

No SPF in the Day Cream, which is a bit disappointing, though.
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-08-2018 at 3:49 PM.
    • jude s
    • By jude s 18th Aug 18, 11:49 AM
    • 61 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    jude s
    Unable to post my picture but several different Nutra nail products in Porthcawl and Swansea city centre branches. Also Fructis Light as air - hair oil and other Fructis Hair oil. Swansea also had the large 2 Tigi bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Priced at 5 but scanned at 2.
    Wont need any more shampoo for a good while!
    Last edited by jude s; 18-08-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Strange display
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 18th Aug 18, 5:08 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Spotted these Adidas Hard Cases for iphone 5/5s in Trongate, Glasgow this afternoon - wonder if there's more varieties?

Not my taste, but my teenage niece would love these!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 19th Aug 18, 2:55 AM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Some things from Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier last night (Saturday):

Salon System Nail Lux Gel Effect Finish or Conceal & Correct With Diamonds 125ml, 1.

Golden Oreo 10 packs, 1. (Think they're twin-packs for lunchboxes, not sure, as I don't like Oreos!)

Look away now if you don't like Winnie The Pooh, or Disney

Various 1 Disney Christopher Robin items at the crafty section: Tape 48mm x 9.1M

On the Top Left: Some sort of Gift Tag assortment (can't see the label)
    Top Right: Christopher Robin A4 Glittered Decoration Pack
    Bottom Left: Christopher Robin Paper Pack 36x
    Bottom Middle: Christopher Robin Tile Stickers, 112x
    Bottom Right, Christopher Robin Stencils, 48pcs

Full size picture here, so you can zoom in: https://i.imgur.com/Zr71Mcg.jpg

Christopher Robin Square Letter Stickers, 60pcs
    Christopher Robin Pearl Stickers, 130pcs

Christopher Robin 12 Cards With Foil Print, 7.5 x 7.5cm, 12 Envelopes
    Last edited by LouLou; 19-08-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 19th Aug 18, 10:07 AM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 57,457 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I see the Christopher Robin stuff has been manufactured to coincide with the release of the film!

I was on the hunt for more TIGI (colour combat) at 2 and found just one amongst a scanty shelf of others - they have gone fast!! Lots of the whipped foundation in the silver sphere posted earlier, although difficult to assess the colour match through so much plastic so I decided not to invest my 1 on this occasion. Also shelves rammed full of the #6 range - a quick glance at the ingredients showed a very basic product that some smart marketeers have got their hands on. I prefer to buy from Lidl when it's at 1/2 price. I didn't find the flavoured lip balms but got a plain pack of 3 which I convinced my niece was magic lipstick, because it's invisible. Multi-packs of 10 mini-Crunchies can be found, apart from that not much different on the food section.

I am a little disappointed with Poundland of late because it doesn't seem to stock facial washes, just make-up wipes and micellar water. It turns out that Poundstretcher now seems to be a better bet for such products, which I have noticed sells certain Poundland items (non-essentials) for marginally less than 1. Part of the fun of Poundland was finding the pearl amongst the debris, it's becoming less that way these days.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 19th Aug 18, 11:11 AM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    It turns out that Poundstretcher now seems to be a better bet for such products, which I have noticed sells certain Poundland items (non-essentials) for marginally less than 1. Part of the fun of Poundland was finding the pearl amongst the debris, it's becoming less that way these days.
    I posted about the TIGI items and didn't actually find any for myself when I went back

Re Poundstretcher - been watching the programme on Channel 4 recently. Wonder if Chris Edwards offered them some contacts/suppliers from his Poundworld days, which could suggest the reason for some of the similar stock? Last time I was in a Poundstretcher (in Edinburgh) two years ago (?) it was a hell hole badly in need of refurbishment - don't remember seeing any Poundland/world stock in it then.

Think Chris is an affable but shrewd chap and I'd definitely be listening and respecting his advice if Poundstretcher was mine.

Edit 21st August: Wow, last night's episode had a twist at the end I wasn't expecting! #TeamChris!
    Last edited by LouLou; 21-08-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 20th Aug 18, 10:52 AM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 57,457 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Golden Oreo 10 packs, 1. (Think they're twin-packs for lunchboxes, not sure, as I don't like Oreos!)
    Yes, 2 thin biscuits in a pack but watch the dates - the boxes I saw expire at the end of Sept.

I bought a box of these, and they seem to do the job fine:

I spotted some ceramic travel mugs for 2, wasn't keen on the 2 slogans available but at least the price of these products is on the away down, esp useful as coffee shops will be getting rid of plastic "disposable" cups.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 20-08-2018 at 10:56 AM.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Aug 18, 1:01 AM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    From the Union Street, Glasgow store earlier on Thursday afternoon:

Kellogg's Reduced Sugar Frosties 640g, 1

Also Heinz Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dry Pasta Shapes (can't see the size of pack, 360g I think), 1
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 25th Aug 18, 3:40 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Multibionta 50+ Complete Multivitamin With Biotic Cultures And Minerals, 60 Tablets, 1.

Was in Trongate, Glasgow but I took the last two. Best Before dates are February 2019.

There's another variety of Multibionta, 30 Tablets, still plenty on shelves.

Edit: I keep forgetting to add, this same store has a few of the Catwalk (TIGI) Shampoos and Conditioners. Found some!!

Still at the 5 section, so maybe that's why there's still a few left. Now 2, of course. Sis made me pick her up a few
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-08-2018 at 4:15 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 27th Aug 18, 2:28 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's some pictures from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow around 1.30pm:

Shopkins Happy Places Miniature Decor and Shopkins Chef Club (not sure what these are) - 1 each.

Seven Seas CardioMAX Heart Support, High Strength Omega-3, 30 One-A-Day Capsules, 1

Also Solar Buddeez "Amazing Non-Stop Action", 1 and Squeez-Ems Keyrings - 1.
    Last edited by LouLou; 27-08-2018 at 2:34 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 27th Aug 18, 5:42 PM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 57,457 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Kellogg's Reduced Sugar Frosties 640g, 1
    These were 2 in my local this afternoon. Still, I managed to get a couple more TIGI shampoos for 2. I'm seriously reducing the frequency with which I wash my hair, so expect each to last 4 months at least!

Also spotted some pink plastic / metal round lunchboxes the other day for 2 - they've gone fast as there was a single lonely specimen left. Luckily I didn't need one, as I'd bought this v similar item, BNWT from a chazzer for 1.50 mid-May

one of these BNWT for 1.50 (RRP varies, from 5 to a silly 9.95 from Amazon):

• surfsister
    • By surfsister 27th Aug 18, 11:25 PM
    • 7,340 Posts
    • 10,748 Thanks
    surfsister
    I posted about the TIGI items and didn't actually find any for myself when I went back

Re Poundstretcher - been watching the programme on Channel 4 recently. Wonder if Chris Edwards offered them some contacts/suppliers from his Poundworld days, which could suggest the reason for some of the similar stock? Last time I was in a Poundstretcher (in Edinburgh) two years ago (?) it was a hell hole badly in need of refurbishment - don't remember seeing any Poundland/world stock in it then.

Think Chris is an affable but shrewd chap and I'd definitely be listening and respecting his advice if Poundstretcher was mine.

Edit 21st August: Wow, last night's episode had a twist at the end I wasn't expecting! #TeamChris!
    What was the twist??
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 28th Aug 18, 1:49 AM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    What was the twist??
    Originally posted by surfsister
    Basically Chris and all of the team he brought in were ousted without warning. Those who were in the warehouse whose job was to cast a critical eye over Poundstretcher's operations, were left waiting around in a car park for ages before they were told what was happening.

It came across as a callous and cruel way to treat a team of people trying to help.

Though Chris wasn't keen on having to keep reporting back to Aziz and told him he was always open to two-way communication - maybe there were egos at play.

Naturally TV shows are edited to make them look watchable, dramatic, confrontational, so I'm sure there's more to the story.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th Aug 18, 10:09 AM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 57,457 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Basically Chris and all of the team he brought in were ousted without warning. Those who were in the warehouse whose job was to cast a critical eye over Poundstretcher's operations, were left waiting around in a car park for ages before they were told what was happening.
    That is very poor form, and tells us a lot about Aziz.

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 30th Aug 18, 8:51 PM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 57,457 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I found a display basket full of these today for 1, RRP 5:

Now for the rub: BB 17th July 2018 (one year from the date of manufacture), but I'm confident they'll taste fine.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundland (according to HUKD it has Pliers/Saw Wire cutter/Bottle opener/Phillips screwdriver/Knife/Flat screwdriver/Can opener/Small screwdriver/File), also comes with a belt loop case, 1 ($4.36 at Wal-Mart https://www.walmart.com/ip/HIS-A-Gentleman-s-Brand-10-in-1-Tool/43184771)

Michelin Auto Expert Cleaning Waterless Wash & Wax, 1 Litre, 5 in Union Street, Glasgow
    Also in this store: Seven Seas Pulse Advanced Omega-3 Fish Oil 60 Capsules, 1
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 31st Aug 18, 5:28 PM
    • 1,858 Posts
    • 3,596 Thanks
    LouLou
    Also, more bits from Trongate, Glasgow earlier:

House Of Holland Mental Monsters 24 Nails & Glue, 1

L'Oreal Color Riche Le Kohl 102 Pure Espresso (also a Grey colour available) 1

Maybelline Color Show Intense Velvet Lip Crayon 130 Love My Pink, 1

Lychee & White Willow Fragranced Micellar Water Bath & Shower, 500ml, 1 (says Mirabelle Ltd on the back)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

441Posts Today

3,007Users online

Martin's Twitter