Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,899Posts
    • 2,933Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 358
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 13th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Just an update on the W7 Blush With Me palettes (if you can call them that) - the Trongate store actually has the Honeymoon option as well, just my poor eyesight couldn't make out there were three varieties!

*Edited the post on Page 357 to show a better picture, of all three tins.

Also got these from Trongate, Glasgow:
    The Feel Good Drinks Co Infusions - Still Water With A Hint Of Strawberry And Mint (they also have Apple And Rose variety) 400ml, 3 For 1

(Sauchiehall Street had the Apple And Rose option last week).

20 Calories a bottle! Think I'll prefer this Strawberry option - yet to try it.
    Last edited by LouLou; 13-07-2018 at 5:44 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jul 18, 2:06 AM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Seems the One Direction makeup tins are 50p in all stores:
    https://twitter.com/Poundland/status/1017684432268988417?s=19

https://www.facebook.com/Poundland/videos/10160627760390397/

(think the one above ^^ is the older one, which gets mixed reviews?)

(this one ^^ is the makeup tin I bought).
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 14th Jul 18, 2:49 AM
    • 26,783 Posts
    • 57,029 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Seems the One Direction makeup tins are 50p in all stores:
    https://twitter.com/Poundland/status/1017684432268988417?s=19

https://www.facebook.com/Poundland/videos/10160627760390397/

(think the one above ^^ is the older one, which gets mixed reviews?)

(this one ^^ is the makeup tin I bought).
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I think this might be ideal to store as a Christmas stocking filler for pre-teens just starting on their make-up journey. Not sure how helpful it is for the more mature woman, who has been slapping it on for the past 30 years and knows what suits her
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jul 18, 2:01 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    I think this might be ideal to store as a Christmas stocking filler for pre-teens just starting on their make-up journey. Not sure how helpful it is for the more mature woman, who has been slapping it on for the past 30 years and knows what suits her
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    My eight year-old niece liked Zayn (hates him now, as children who change their mind every five minutes do), but hopefully I can convince her to just play with the makeup.

I chose Niall who I assume is the "safest" option. Might turn out she dislikes him as well

For us older 'uns, it actually gets good reviews from twenty-somethings and above, if you can overlook the branding and focus on the cosmetics. But, of course, the makeup is targeted at young girls and is very "glittery", so drag queens might like it
    Last edited by LouLou; 15-07-2018 at 2:04 AM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 18th Jul 18, 12:38 AM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Not been in my Poundlands for a few days to check, but apparently the 750ml Tigi Catwalk Colour Combat Shampoo and Conditioner bottles, currently 5 each in stores, will be reduced to 2 "officially" on Friday (kudos to Caroline_1993 on HUKD). https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/750ml-tigi-catwalk-colour-combat-shampoo-and-conditioner-2-each-at-poundland-2988675

It's suggested that some stores are scanning them at 2 already.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 18th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick snaps out and about:

Re my earlier post about Tigi Catwalk Shampoos/Conditioners:

From Union Street, Glasgow today, but it's still at the 5 display..picture to show you the varieties on offer.

Left to Right: Colour Combat Shampoo, Oatmeal & Honey Shampoo, Colour Combat Conditioner, Curls Rock Shampoo, Curls Rock Conditioner, should be 2 soon, didn't scan them?

75ml Hand Cream tubes in Argyle Street, Poundland (the Derma V10 Aveeno-alike), 1
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 18th Jul 18, 9:50 PM
    • 26,783 Posts
    • 57,029 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    It's suggested that some stores are scanning them at 2 already.
    Reviews are mixed, but for 2 I'll give it a try. Am really fed up of my hair colour fading so fast with every wash, so have been trying to wash every 4th / 5th day and using dry powder shampoo in between. Not ideal because I just wanna wash my hair and go!

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 19th Jul 18, 8:20 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    A few 1 bits at Strathkelvin Retail Park, Bishopbriggs:

An oldie but a goodie, Clean & Clear Advantage Clear & Soothe Foaming Wash 150ml with Aloe Vera (turns out this and the "purple" Clean & Clear Foaming Wash bottle - which is the "Oil Free" variety, both have Salicyclic Acid in their ingredients).

And a Miss Sporty Cat's Eyes Liner 1.6g (Liquid Eyeliner Pen) in 001 Miaowww Black.

Says "Coty US" on the blurb.
    Better picture of the Cat's Eyes Liner: https://u.makeup.com.ua/e/eh/eh1er6pcnjqx.jpg

Close up of the pen/tip: https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/kfEAAOSwZVlXmejJ/$/Miss-Sporty-Cats-Eyes-Eye-Liner-Eyeliner-Liquid-_1.jpg

Plenty of both left on the shelves.
    Last edited by LouLou; 21-08-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 21st Jul 18, 9:35 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle street, Glasgow store about an hour ago - 110 Finish Powerball Classic Tablets 5. Think the lone Finish All In 1 Value Pack x 52 has been plonked there by mistake (top-left of the photo)!

More Ladybird/Peppa Pig books for 1, different format to the one before, square shaped and all cardboard pages. Don't think my brother would appreciate this one, though
    Also these Yo-kai Watch Medals, at the Toy section. From Left-Right: Komasan, Whisper, Tattletell, may be others, just took a quick photo.

Amazon US tells me it's a "Watch Medal" and it unlocks sounds in a Yo-Kai Watch (which you have to buy separately).
    Last edited by LouLou; 21-07-2018 at 9:50 PM.
    • BirdNerdSophie
    • By BirdNerdSophie 23rd Jul 18, 2:28 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    BirdNerdSophie
    Poundland Harlow has COLAB Dry Shampoo in stock at the moment in Monaco and New York fragrances! RRP is usually 3.49 so quite a bargain. It seems to be the only brand that doesn't leave a weird white residue on my hair so worth picking up!
    Duck enthusiast. Mango milkshake connoisseur. Positive reinforcement training. Bob Ross fan girl. Team Q.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 23rd Jul 18, 3:28 PM
    • 26,783 Posts
    • 57,029 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Poundland Harlow has COLAB Dry Shampoo in stock at the moment in Monaco and New York fragrances! RRP is usually 3.49 so quite a bargain. It seems to be the only brand that doesn't leave a weird white residue on my hair so worth picking up!
    Originally posted by BirdNerdSophie
    Good spot! Do they smell nice? I've looked at the website and they don't seem to be current fragrances. The new ones look tempting though.

Must take a look this week.

• BirdNerdSophie
    • By BirdNerdSophie 23rd Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    • 271 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    BirdNerdSophie
    Good spot! Do they smell nice? I've looked at the website and they don't seem to be current fragrances. The new ones look tempting though.

Must take a look this week.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    I think they are nice but everyone has their own opinions on scents I guess - Rio was the best from that collection but sadly none in my store! They are the old set of fragrances but the formulation is the same. Out of the new ones, the unicorn scent is the best IMO!
    Duck enthusiast. Mango milkshake connoisseur. Positive reinforcement training. Bob Ross fan girl. Team Q.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Jul 18, 7:00 PM
    • 26,783 Posts
    • 57,029 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Hair today!
    I found this on the 5 shelf today, took it to self-scan with the intention of seeing whether the price had come down...and was delighted to buy it for 2. I didn't appreciate how big the bottle is from Loulou's picture, it's 750ml so roughly 3 times the size of an ordinary shampoo bottle and is supposed to retail at 9.99. I shall report back as to whether it actually works or not!

Was disappointed not to find the COLAB dry powder shampoo, but picked up Nutrafix dry powder shampoo spray (200ml) instead. I can't find a pic of it online. It passed the sniff test instore, scented like hairspray.

I also found this - which allegedly retailed at 11.99 at Boots! - old review here:

Lastly, I hadn't seen this before but - apparently selling for 2+ elsewhere - again it smelled pleasant enough so I bought a couple, thinking they'll do for a holiday:

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 1st Aug 18, 7:17 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier:
    zak! Batman Food Container 10.5oz 1 (I assume, didn't buy one!)

House Of Holland by Elegant Touch Breton Babe 2g, Majestic Marble. L'Oreal Color Riche Le Nail Art (other varieties too) and Max & More Maximum Volume Fake Lash Effect Volumising Mascara 15ml, all 1.

(Mistakenly thought Max & More was Max Factor - their website: http://www.maxmakeup.eu/ ).
    Last edited by LouLou; 21-08-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 2nd Aug 18, 10:33 AM
    • 8,911 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    calleyw
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier:
    zaki Batman Food Container 10.5oz 1 (I assume, didn't buy one!)

LouLou, Thanks need to get some for my partner. To put away for xmas. He will love them.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 2nd Aug 18, 11:25 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    LouLou, Thanks need to get some for my partner. To put away for xmas. He will love them.

Yours

Calley x
    Originally posted by calleyw
    I know a Batman fiend so went back earlier - there were only two (rather messily opened) on the shelf. Maybe prospective buyers were put off by the size.

It has an airtight screw-on lid and rubber seal so you could keep food in it, but they are pretty small, so, probably 40 teabags at a push.

You can store anything you like in it, of course, worth it for kitsch value Oh, and they are 1
    • quoia
    • By quoia 3rd Aug 18, 12:09 AM
    • 13,146 Posts
    • 141,570 Thanks
    quoia
    I know a Batman fiend ....................
    I know several ......

Joker
    Penguin
    Catwoman
    The Riddler

live just down the street
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ()
    () Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Aug 18, 12:27 AM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    I know several ......

Joker
    Penguin
    Catwoman
    The Riddler

live just down the street
    Originally posted by quoia
    Well, you're telling someone who used to collect comics (hence the WW avatar ) And my house is full of action figures and all sorts of comic-related merchandise. Stuff I couldn't/didn't get when I was young, I suppose!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Aug 18, 3:43 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Quick nip in to Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

Winnie The Pooh And Friends books, 1, says 5.99 on the back.
    At the Cosmetics section, there's also "Collection" (used to be called Collection 2000) Lip Balms, in Pink Strawberry, Green Apple and Orange Burst packs, 3 for 1.

Edit 5th August: Trongate, Glasgow store has lots of these Pooh books, most of the titles above and a few titled All About Tigger (bought one of those).
    Last edited by LouLou; 05-08-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 6th Aug 18, 9:59 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 3,569 Thanks
    LouLou
    Sort-of Poundland related, as Stroopwaffels were an old favourite in stores, for me, anyway (where have they gone?? Might message Poundland and ask).

Anyway, they're apparently 69p a pack in B&M and 1.20 in Asda (10 x Daelmans Stroopwaffels). Thanks to the HUKD members 143AD and Halz1985 who pointed this out! https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/daelmans-10-caramel-stroopwaffels-290g-120-in-store-and-online-asda-3006177

Not the same brand as Poundland, but I've tried these before - they're very nice

Edit: Poundland replied to me this morning: "..have checked our stock system but i'm afraid we don't sell the Stroopwafels anymore. So sorry for any inconvenience."
    Last edited by LouLou; 07-08-2018 at 6:03 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

775Posts Today

7,520Users online

Martin's Twitter