Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,880Posts
    • 2,926Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post !!!8230;

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 356
    • lily117
    • By lily117 10th May 18, 4:19 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 686 Thanks
    lily117
    Huggies baby wipes 50p a pack in Swansea store.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 10th May 18, 5:16 PM
    • 6,649 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    Doc N
    The choco biscuits above are delicious but there are only 12 biscuits in total in the 2 packets - sorry have recycled the packet so can't remember the weight.
    Originally posted by redagila
    168g, as against 125g for the genuine Bahlsen and the Aldi/Lidl clones.

These, unlike the Aldi/Lidl clones aren't identical to the Bahlsen ones. Similar, but not the same. The genuine ones are on offer at Waitrose occasionally (now in fact) at 1.55 for two packs - very slightly more per 100g but rather better.

The Lidl ones are always 75p - much the same price per 100g as the Poundland ones, but again better, because they're clearly identical to (and made by) Bahslen.

Too much research here!
    • redagila
    • By redagila 10th May 18, 6:55 PM
    • 4,316 Posts
    • 14,936 Thanks
    redagila
    Doc N - I bet you enjoyed the research!!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 10th May 18, 7:48 PM
    • 6,649 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    Doc N
    Doc N - I bet you enjoyed the research!!
    Originally posted by redagila
    It was a struggle........but somebody had to do it.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th May 18, 7:46 AM
    • 25,609 Posts
    • 54,316 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Too much research here!
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Which I would appreciate dearly if the generic chocolate hobnobs at both Lidl and Aldi weren't like crack cocaine to me

An affordable addiction at less than 60p for a ?300g pack.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 11th May 18, 9:23 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 3,304 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow, at the Homeware/Kitchen section: 8" Glass Cake Stand, 1

Whisky/Drink Glass Decanters, 1
    Last edited by LouLou; 11-05-2018 at 9:26 PM.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 12th May 18, 6:38 AM
    • 6,649 Posts
    • 19,533 Thanks
    Doc N
    Which I would appreciate dearly if the generic chocolate hobnobs at both Lidl and Aldi weren't like crack cocaine to me

An affordable addiction at less than 60p for a ?300g pack.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    I'd agree wholeheartedly with that! Amazingly good value, much nicer (and cheaper) than the Bahlsen biscuits (genuine or not) and incredibly addictive.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 12th May 18, 12:59 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 3,304 Thanks
    LouLou
    Just been in Trongate, Glasgow Poundland and they have more Kilner Handled Jars, slightly smaller at 0.4L, in pinky-red and turquoise colours.

Also, and I'm confident this is a fluke, as most Poundland 50p items are end-of-line - found two more Sleek "Dancing Til Dusk" Eye And Cheek Palettes and they scanned at 50p!!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 13th May 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 3,304 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow - Wings For Men 30ml EDT now 2, was 5 before Xmas - I know because I bought some and was annoyed to find it cheaper on Amazon when I got home! It still didn't seem to have been moved from its original "home" at the 1 Mens' scents/body sprays either!

Lots of Home items for 50p when you walk in the door, Pot Pourri, Candles, etc, got these two in Ceramic Bowls

Also Fruit Winders Doubles x 6 Rolls in Strawberry And Blackcurrant flavour, 1.

No receipt unfortunately - the self-service machine I used didn't produce one, and it was nearly closing (9pm tonight).
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 16th May 18, 7:40 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 3,304 Thanks
    LouLou
    TIGI Whipped Foundation, 28.35g, Shades #1, #2, #3, #4, 1 from Union Street, Glasgow, they had all four shades.

https://www.skincarebyalana.com/tigi-cosmetics-whipped-foundation.html has illustrations of all shades and says,
    "Tigi Whipped Foundation is a great oil free light coverage foundation. For normal to oily skin types, this mineral-based foundation is lightweight and finishes as a powder! This amazing oil-free formula is so light and airy, it's hard to believe how great your skin looks and feels! Tigi Whipped Foundation comes in four matte finish foundation colors with Green Tea that acts as an Antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, Aloe Vera restores suppleness to skin, and Vitamins A, C & B5 are effective anti-aging anti-oxidants.
    Light coverage foundation
    For normal to oily skin"

Toni & Guy USA has this foundation for $32! https://www.shoptoniguy.com/TIGI_Makeup_Whipped_Foundation_p/217150.htm

Reviews (Assume this is the same, as Groupon US also call this Glamma foundation) https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=51712/Glamma-whipped/TiGi/Foundations

They also have Ravenhead Essentials coloured glasses for 1, no idea if they're any good but decent for those outdoor BBQs/picnics. The cardboard display describes them as "Manhattan Hiball Glasses, 33cl"
    Last edited by LouLou; 16-05-2018 at 9:27 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 16th May 18, 9:39 PM
    • 25,609 Posts
    • 54,316 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    TIGI Whipped Foundation, 28.35g, Shades #1, #2, #3, #4, 1 from Union Street, Glasgow, they had all four shades.
    Originally posted by LouLou
    Reviews are mixed but at this price it's worth investigating shades. I prefer lighter coverage (usually tinted moisturisers / foundation mixed with serum) as my skin gets oilier in the summer, but as I also tan easily I wonder if #4 will be dark enough. Only one way to find out!

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 18th May 18, 1:57 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 3,304 Thanks
    LouLou
    Who says lightning doesn't strike twice!

I found the Sleek palette AGAIN for 50p yesterday - the Trongate, Glasgow store also has this Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Foam Wash 150ml (different colour to the other Foam Wash, which was in Green packaging and mentioned Salicyclic Acid).

Edit: This store also has the aforementioned Cake Stands, which didn't have a barcode sticker as before, so the assistant scanned it as "Snickers" (maybe they are all barcode-less on shelves) and also kindly wrapped it up in tissue paper for me
    Last edited by LouLou; 18-05-2018 at 5:43 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 18th May 18, 6:05 PM
    • 25,609 Posts
    • 54,316 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    No whipped foundation on my store, but I did find some Rimmel cream blushers (pallet and squeezy tube) bagged up in the usual generic fashion. Worth a try for that Meghan look

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,098Posts Today

5,864Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin