Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,889Posts
    • 2,926Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP 12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 355
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 8th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LouLou
    A few bits and pieces from Trongate, Glasgow: Clean & Clear Advantage Clear & Soothe Daily Scrub 100ml (includes Aloe Vera - assume it may also have salicyclic acid like the foaming wash does - didn't buy it as I'm not keen on scrubs) and Simple Eye Make-up Remover 125ml.

From Union Street, Glasgow: Regime London Beauty Complex (Vitamins & Minerals) 15 Day Supply, Forza Diet Multivitamin x 15, Fat Metaboliser x 15 or Appetite Suppressant x 15.

Edit: The Bepanthen Baby Moisturiser is also in Union Street, Glasgow - saw some earlier.

As for the Brasso/Silvo - bought a Brasso tin earlier in Argyle Street, which scanned at 2, but an assistant put it through as 1 when I queried it.
    Her English wasn't good and the store was busy, so I had the feeling she was hurrying me along (though that's an assumption on my part). Can't say for sure that this is supposed to be 1.
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-04-2018 at 8:53 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    A few bits and pieces from Trongate, Glasgow: Clean & Clear Advantage Clear & Soothe Daily Scrub 100ml
    Originally posted by LouLou
    I like this product, but it's subject to shrinkflation (used to be 150ml).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 8th Apr 18, 9:42 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LouLou
    I like this product, but it's subject to shrinkflation (used to be 150ml).
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Maybe it is 150ml, I'm going by my zooming in on the image - I didn't buy one! Can't see any 100ml variants online, which suggests I've made a mistake. I'll try and have a better look tomorrow.

Edit: It does include Salicyclic Acid, going by this review http://www.theedgeofbeauty7.com/2013/11/clean-clear-advantage-clear-and-soothe.html
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-04-2018 at 9:46 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 9th Apr 18, 8:07 AM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Maybe it is 150ml, I'm going by my zooming in on the image - I didn't buy one! Can't see any 100ml variants online, which suggests I've made a mistake. I'll try and have a better look tomorrow.
    Originally posted by LouLou
    Thank you!

Bye bye, adult acne

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 9th Apr 18, 3:24 PM
    • 4,386 Posts
    • 9,984 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Simple eye make-up remover pictured above is only 89p in Home Bargains
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 34,764.67
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,548.50
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 9th Apr 18, 4:04 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LouLou
    Swisse Women's Ultivite Multivitamin x 14 Tablets (One-A-Day) from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

Found the Clean & Clear Scrub in Union Street, Glasgow - sure enough, it's 150ml (woops).

Union Street (at the tills) also has rather large plastic pots:

The "square" Grey pots are in a 2 pack and 1 (22cm at the widest point), also round and in Grey or Terracotta colour.

The larger scalloped-edge pot is 31cm at its widest point and comes in Grey or Terracotta colour too, 1.

Saw the aforementioned Simple Eye Make-Up Remover in the 2 section in this same store, so it may have been a rogue few bottles in the 1 section yesterday in Trongate.

Edit: Some makeup things I forgot to add from Sauchiehall Street - Union Street has some of them too:

Revlon Eyeliner Pencil - 06 Aubergine (I thought it was Brown, d'oh!! Will give to my niece. It was also in a Teal-ish colour),
    Revlon Photoready Kalal Matte Eye Pencil - 306 Matte Espresso
    and a selection of Tigi (Tony & Guy brand) Decadent Lipstick(s), the shade below is Finesse, which is a pinky-red - there were a few lighter pinks on display.

Edit: Should have pointed out there was another Forza supplement pack next to the Swisse Ultivite Multivitamins: Energy Support x 15 capsules.

Forza has a website here - eg, their Fat Binder (can't see Fat Metaboliser that Poundland offers) capsules are 12.99 for 30 capsules https://www.forzasupplements.co.uk/products/fat-binder

Wonder if the Forza offerings are special ranges for Poundland?
    Last edited by LouLou; 13-04-2018 at 4:09 PM.
    • Luckystar
    • By Luckystar 10th Apr 18, 6:10 PM
    • 990 Posts
    • 3,822 Thanks
    Luckystar
    DVD boxset - The Adventures of TINTIN (the complete collection, all 22 episodes) found this today and its not pre-owned, there were several copies on the shelf
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 13th Apr 18, 1:42 PM
    • 7,455 Posts
    • 10,808 Thanks
    KxMx
    145g bags of Lays crisps.
    Cheese&Onion, Paprika and Ready Salted.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 13th Apr 18, 7:03 PM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Has anyone spotted rose bushes (not the miniature indoor ones) this year?

• ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 14th Apr 18, 6:35 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    ladybabe
    in Sheffield today

Dove derma spa uplifted massage body roll on 100ml (for challenging areas lol worth a try for a quid)

charles worthington sunshine protector leave in spray 50ml got a couple as good for pre swimming and holidays

Also bought 3 stones with words Hope, Wish and dream on normal shelf but scanned as 50p

the below looked like good buys to but didn't need them myself
    Pantene blow dry spray 75ml
    charles worthington hair spray (takeaway size)
    Last edited by ladybabe; 14-04-2018 at 7:15 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Apr 18, 6:22 PM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Spotted the Dove in my local store but decided it was a bit of a gimmick, but bought a 100ml (same size!) tube of Cuticura Intensive instead. No Clean & Clear though.

Now for the bargain element: there was a 50p shelf with various items including scented candles in tins, 2-packs of fragrance oils and fragrance sheets in the same range, worth buying. Also some Jane Asher ice-cream scoops and cake slicers, some metallic "wall art", table runners, dishcloths, twin packs of place mats and 6"x4" rimless photo frames, and some Christmas-y paper liners for cupcakes. I didn't like any of these but I did buy cellophane Christmas gift bags with ribbons (20s), suitable for packing edibles.

• anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 16th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 3,628 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    Has anyone spotted rose bushes (not the miniature indoor ones) this year?
    Brixton on Sunday.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 16th Apr 18, 11:35 PM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Brixton on Sunday.
    Originally posted by anamenottaken
    Thanks! Wish I'd known before I bought 2 tea rose plants in Lidl today

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 18th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I popped into a branch before closing last night and was pleased to see fruit bushes and rose bushes for sale.

I bought 2 rose bushes (in no way the same quality as Lidl's, but I picked the best varieties I could find - large and stunning as opposed to small and prolific) which will be late bloomers to my garden, and raspberry, blackberry and blueberry bushes. Now I just need to plant them in the pots I bought...roll on the weekend. I left 11 lighter but very happy.

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Apr 18, 2:32 AM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LouLou
    Another nspa item in Argyle Street, Glasgow last night: Moisture Boosting Body Butter 200ml*

*Edit 24th April: Trongate store has this as well.

and I thought these looked interesting - no doubt a knockoff of those Bahlsen Choco Leibniz biscuits - Choco Biscuit

unfortunately I didn't buy them and can't see the weight in grams on the packet, but they're twice the size of the Bahlsen equivalent. Have a few cut-price Easter Eggs to work through, so may buy them next time I'm in!
    Last edited by LouLou; 25-04-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Just realised I spelt "Bahlsen" wrong, woops!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 24th Apr 18, 5:27 AM
    • 26,110 Posts
    • 55,674 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Good finds, LouLou!

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 27th Apr 18, 11:03 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LouLou
    Meant to add this last night: from Trongate, Glasgow - Seven Seas Simply Timeless Omega-3 Fish Oil Plus Cod Liver Oil, Maximum Strength, 30 One-A-Day Capsules
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd May 18, 11:53 PM
    • 1,833 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Trongate, Glasgow earlier, Kilner 0.54L Handled Jar
    Saw these on Monday in the same store but not sure if they're still there (didn't get to look at the Toys section earlier) Hot Wheels: Guardians Of The Galaxy and Minecraft versions
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 4th May 18, 2:14 PM
    • 7,455 Posts
    • 10,808 Thanks
    KxMx
    Family Size 750ml jars of Dolmio Original, 1.

Not short dated either, May 2019!
    • redagila
    • By redagila 6th May 18, 10:03 AM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 14,989 Thanks
    redagila
    The choco biscuits above are delicious but there are only 12 biscuits in total in the 2 packets - sorry have recycled the packet so can't remember the weight.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

461Posts Today

5,736Users online

Martin's Twitter