Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    • 3,880Posts
    • 2,926Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread -
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post !!!8230;

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 2:15 PM.
Page 352
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 11th Dec 17, 9:56 AM
    • 296 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    I bought a Twin Peaks today and once it warmed to room temperature it was fine. Was rock hard when I first came back from shopping but it was 0° outside today! I used to love Toblerone until Mondelez got their hands on it and changed the recipe/quality. I have to say that I enjoyed the Twin Peaks and it's so long since I had a decent Toblerone that I couldn't taste the difference. If I was to try them both at the same time I may be able to pinpoint a difference but on the whole I couldn't fault Twin Peaks.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs

The easiest way to eat the chocolate (it's chunky!!) is to break a piece off, bite off the peaks which leaves you with a flattish bit (the bottom of the piece). This is then easier to bite in half - or shove it all in your mouth if you have a big one!!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    • 25,714 Posts
    • 54,574 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Has anyone heard of this product?

It!!!8217;s the product Meghan Markle uses and apparently gives lift and bounce yet leaves no white residue. It also costs £41, but I reckon we!!!8217;ll see a me-too in Poundland in 2018. Ladies, please keep your eye out.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 12th Dec 17, 8:14 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow (again!) Volcano Eruption Kit Or Glow Dinosaur Excavation Kit:

Glass Worktop Saver With Plate/Weights/Measurements/Temperatures/Ruler Guides:

Also in "Chop Chop" design:

(a few on HUKD are upset by the "CHOP CHOP" design - so, just a reminder not to use knives on glass worktop savers - as it'll blunt them )

Trongate store has more of the Revlon Chubby Stick-style lipsticks in those purple hanging strip packs, some of the lipsticks are in Metallic shades.

Edit: Oh, also, re toys, Trongate store has "Say It, Don't Spray It" (2 mouthpieces per set, so you'd need to buy more for more players), mentioned here: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/say-it-dont-spray-it-poundland-1-2848495
    Last edited by LouLou; 12-12-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 13th Dec 17, 3:01 AM
    • 25,714 Posts
    • 54,574 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I!!!8217;ll buy a Bake it Better worktop saver in the New Year. It will be handy for conversions as I teach my niece to bake.

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 13th Dec 17, 7:56 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Brace yourselves, it's a photo spam post

More science kits from Argyle Street, Glasgow - Crystal Growing Kit and Gemstones Excavation Kit:
    Minecraft Mini Figure and Playmobil Mini Figure (blue pack):

Mokate Gold Premium Cappuccino Coffee Drink Cappuccino/Oaked Whisky* Flavour, 150g (sounds not my cup of tea, ha, but who knows) - has a scoop inside:

Tsum Tsum Figure Charms Series 1, Playmobil Figures (pink pack):

Trongate, Glasgow has the Nickelodeon JoJo Annual 2018 and 2 for £1 Fish N Chips 125g Share Packs (these are the two flavours I like - the "sauce" and Curry varieties I find horrible). Put another Revlon Balm Stain into my basket!

Thomas And Friends Minis also in this store:

*Trongate, Glasgow store has more varieties of the Mokate Gold tubs: Hot Chocolate/Gingerbread, Hot Chocolate/Black Forest Gateau, Latte/Irish Cream.
    Last edited by LouLou; 15-12-2017 at 7:44 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 15th Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Saw this Crystalite GU10 LED Colour-Changing Bulb (with remote) in the Trongate, Glasgow store earlier, for £5.

Edited my previous post, as there's more of the Mokate Latte/Cappuccino/Hot Chocolate flavours in this store.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 21st Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's some makeup thingybobs from Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, yesterday - Revlon Kiss Balms (these seem to be scented) 2.6g, SPF20 too. In Sweet Cherry, Tropical Coconut, Crisp Apple, Sweet Peach - also in Sugar Plum (which was a Limited Edition, apparently), Berry Burst and even a Strawberry - maybe in your Poundlands? These are tinted and sheer, so not suitable if you want a deeper pigmented lipstick.
    Plum Crazy on Youtube reviews all of the Revlon Kiss Balms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIifT4siy48

Cute display from an American reviewer (they come in the cardboard strip packs in Poundland as well, as you can see above)

Also a Bourjois 12hr Aqua Blush and Boujois solo Eyeshadows. Most of the other nail/lip items have been in Poundland a while. The NYC Showtime eyeliner pencils you have to be careful with, as they're sparkly.
    Last edited by LouLou; 22-12-2017 at 2:54 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 23rd Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Trongate, Glasgow seemed to be open quite late tonight - popped in before 9pm!

Here's what I got:

Vespa For Him* Body Fragrance Natural Spray 75ml (also comes in a spray Deodorant can - smells quite nice), Ibero Grapeseed Oil 250ml (50p in this store, though I suspect it was a clearance as I bought the last two), Nestle Fitness 450g "Whole Wheat Flakes And Roasted Rice" - assume it's like Special K, Toni & Guy Men Styling Glue 100ml, Pharrell Williams Girl For Girls And Boys 10ml EDP "in collaboration with Comme des Garçons" https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Pharrell-Williams/Girl-25524.html

Haven't got all my receipts, but here's one:

*One Fragrantican compares Vespa For Him to Bleu De Chanel (!), though I'd guess Vespa For Him and the Pharrell Williams' scent were/are likely different RRPs: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Vespa/Vespa-for-Him-25408.html
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-01-2018 at 3:35 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 24th Dec 17, 5:53 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight (apart from the Vespa Body Fragrances): Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings For Men EDT 30ml* (was a fiver but at the £1 section - ack - made by Elizabeth Arden Fragrances)..L'Oreal double-sided Infallible Nail Varnish 010 Keep Magenta (top coat and colour it seems), Vespa Body Fragrances Sensazione For Him/Sensazione For Her/For Her 75ml (the Vespa scents are made by Coty), Vespa For Him Hair And Body Wash 200ml, Firefly The Secret Life Of Pets 3 x Toothbrushes.

All other items are £1 each.

Merry Christmas all, and hope Santa is good to you, and life is merry, bright and blessed

*The 50ml is actually £6.37 at Amazon, argh https://www.amazon.co.uk/Giorgio-Beverly-Hills-Wings-Toilette/dp/B0009OAITA
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 27th Dec 17, 11:09 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Union Street, Glasgow, Models Own Exfoliating Makeup Remover 25 Wipes (Fragrance Free, Contains Chamomile Oil, Removes Waterproof Mascara).

Argyle Street, Glasgow: Outdoor Girl Contour Kit 8.5g.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 3rd Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 7,382 Posts
    • 10,650 Thanks
    KxMx
    Seabrook's crisps:

100g share bags, beef & ready salted, scanned @ 0.50p.

120g Lattices, Akbar's Chicken Jalfrezi, Sea Salt/red wine vinegar @1.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 7th Jan 18, 12:02 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Here's some Outdoor Girl makeup items from Poundland, Argyle Street, Glasgow last night (wasn't OG an offshoot of a bigger makeup brand at one point? Can't remember)

Concealer (hidden by the Mascaras in White/Black in front of them), Bronzer and twin packs of Black Kohl Pencils.

This store also has plenty of the Pharrell Williams' Girl scents - which reminds me a bit of CdG Wonderwood or Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel.
    Last edited by LouLou; 08-01-2018 at 3:32 PM.
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 14th Jan 18, 8:03 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    Saw these in Argyle Street, Glasgow, at the Baby section earlier on - naturelwipes (98.7% Water), 60 Wipes, "Plus Natural Fruit Extract, 0% Parabens/Menthol/Phenoxyethanol/Perfume"

Not sure if they're any good, as I can't find much about this brand online, but may be useful in an emergency.

For comparison, "waterwipes" are advertised as being "99.9% Water".

There are also Outdoor Girl Powder Blushers on display in three shades, in this store - found a picture on the net. Some weblinks suggest Outdoor Girl is now affiliated with W7 Cosmetics. I *think* the OG brand was originally owned by Max Factor (?).

Also saw the "Num Noms" Annual 2018 (not sure what those are, but my youngest niece likes them) in the Trongate, Glasgow store.
    Last edited by LouLou; 14-01-2018 at 9:02 PM.
    • sumoqueen
    • By sumoqueen 16th Jan 18, 11:24 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    sumoqueen
    This thread is in the wrong forum - it's still active!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) 2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!!
    • LouLou
    • By LouLou 27th Jan 18, 10:51 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    A few things from Argyle Street, Glasgow tonight:

Connect-It Pack Of 3 Remote Control LED Lights (£5)
    Blurb on the packaging says:
    Adhesive Included
    High/Low Settings
    Remote Control
    Battery Operated
    Super Bright

Epsom Salts 450g in Eucalyptus and Lavender varieties, £1
    Last edited by LouLou; 04-02-2018 at 4:35 PM.
    • palflat
    • By palflat 31st Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    palflat
    Nicotine Gum at Poundland
    Galpharm Nicotine Replace Gum (4mg) is on sale at poundland for . . . . . . £1.00! The packs contain 96 pieces. By comparison Nicorette gum 105 pieces is about £7.12 at Amazon. Expire date on my packs as 11/18 so this is a good chance to stock up for anyone quitting, or has already quit smoking.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 2nd Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    • 25,714 Posts
    • 54,574 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Epsom Salts 450g in Eucalyptus and Lavender varieties, £1
    Originally posted by LouLou
    18 Reasons to Keep Epsom Salt in Your Medicine Cabinet. Although I am sceptical about the claim that it “cleans the arteries”

• LouLou
    • By LouLou 3rd Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 1,798 Posts
    • 3,354 Thanks
    LouLou
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier - Junior Mints Premium Creamy Hot Chocolate/Hot Cocoa (99.9% Caffeine Free/No Peanuts/Tree Nuts/Gluten) 10 x 0.74oz (21g) Packets = 210g
    and Dove Limited Edition Beauty Blossom 150g Cream from this store - alternative "ordinary" Dove tubs were in 75g size.

Edit: An eagle-eyed HUKDer (CarlSutton) says that Tootsie Roll https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tootsie-Roll-Premium-Chocolate-Sachets/dp/B01M9GW4CS and Sugar Babies https://www.amazon.co.uk/Babies-Premium-Caramel-Chocolate-Sachets/dp/B0751DQQQX varieties are in stores, too

Speaking of sweets, what's happened to Twin Peaks? They've disappeared off the face of the earth. Were they just a temporary experiment?
    Last edited by LouLou; 04-02-2018 at 2:27 PM.
    • defairmans
    • By defairmans 4th Feb 18, 3:06 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 14,467 Thanks
    defairmans
    LouLou,
    I think they were a temporary introduction but they are coming back with either new packaging or a new shape. It was something to do with complaints from Toblerone, I think.
    I really hope my Poundland has that Dove and the hot chocolate satchets. I love Junior Mints and Tootsie Rolls. Maybe we will get more stuff from the Dollar Tree. Thanks for sharing.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 4th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    • 25,714 Posts
    • 54,574 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I really hope my Poundland has that Dove
    Originally posted by defairmans
    Disappointing day for me as my local didn't, only the bog standard 75g pot. No Revlon lip balms, the only OG stock left was the blusher so I bought the peach-y one.

On the plus size the worktop saver was in stock (perfect for my kitchen, just need to buy another!) and I bought some white opaque rectangular bathroom storage buckets, ideal to sling my excess toiletries in.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,955Posts Today

9,229Users online

Martin's Twitter