tesco motor oil

Hi
Can anyone tell me who makes or supplies tescos motor engine oil ?
Semi synthetic or synthetic.
Its awfully cheap but looks ok. on the tubs
Can anyone help?
Peter

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hello peterdarlison

Welcome to the MSE site.:wave:

I'll move your thread to the 'Motoring & Public Transport' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dunno on the maker but if it meets the specs for your engine its safe to use

check the handbook it will have a api rating , then see what the tescos rating is
  • Hi stevo
    It actually exeeds the ratingg of whats specified
    Peter
  • It has the API rating on the back and European rating too which are better than required
  • steveo3002
    Forumite
    if the grade is correct its plenty good enough then

i recently tried some asda havoline in my older vw...seemed to like it more than expensive stuff lol
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I spotted Asda own brand diesel 15w/40 oil half price (Under a fiver for I think 5l).Was tempted to buy some for my petrol car as it had the correct specs for petrol engine oil and was highly specified from what I could tell.
  • steveo3002
    Forumite
    im led to believe you can use diesel oil in a petrol car...just has more detrergents
  • HI again
    From what i can gather the spec especially @ tesco and confirmed by my brother in law (mechanic) is as good as any and cheaper too so as long as the specs are ok why not save money? Someone must make it for tesco
    Peter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport