Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • rykishu
    Kybotech, garden buidlings direct, (DONT BOTHER)
    what a waste of time and money, was delivered 8.30pm, waited in all day. Wrong roof delivered, missing parts and wrong size supports.
    Getting it rectified was a nightmare,
    PLEASE NOTE, sales staff are in the uk, so quick to take your money. any problems or after sales care is done by a call center in the Philippines. DONT TOUCH THEM.

When calling you wait ages to speak to them and then they cut you off forcing you to call them back and wait again. if you give them your money its a roulette, you will either get something close to what you order or you wont. Dont bother asking for a refund.

TOP TIP. If you order a wooden construction please buy a few tubes of clear silicon to fill in all the gaps.
    Last edited by rykishu; 04-03-2015 at 1:34 PM. Reason: seemed too favourable towards them
  • Mre3140
    Useless incompetent liars
    Waste of time and energy to arrange collection of an incorrect unwanted shed !!

Several emails ,listened to most of michael bubbles album whilst " on hold " at least twice throughout a dozen calls .

continously given several lies and false promises , not yet had an honest answer , loosing the will to ring them again , ref a collection ( date change 5 times ) apparently driver couldn't find my house or even his phone to ring me , my disgust is hidden within my sarcastic emails ( avoided swearing so far ) tempted to dump the unwanted shed on their drive , premises entrance !

Complete sham , seems unfortunately I am not the only cheesed off customer .

Never again will a good word be said about this provider !!!!!
  • paultaitstshirt
    Avoid
    1st delivery missing the main element of the order (a whole playhouse was missing). 3 weeks to get it delivered but then that contained broken parts. 1 month of many many phone calls the one remaining replacement part has been promised on 6 different days and even "Delivered" twice. Now they are telling me to get it made myself locally and invoice them once its complete as that would be quicker than waiting for them.

If your lucky and you get a complete item without broken parts in the first time of asking then i'm sure it's good value for money but otherwise you in for a lot of phone calls and stress without ever getting anywhere.
  • Wormsley
    Avoid Kybotech like the plague
    No idea whether the product quality is any good because I still have no idea when my playhouse will arrive even though it was originally confirmed to be delivered 15 days ago.

Garden Buildings Direct is one of the many brands of Kybotech but they seem to be a company living in the 1970s. Who in today's world can accept 72 hour turnaround times to even receive an email. Their customer service department are worse than useless as well, what is the point having a customer service team who do not have the knowledge to answer your questions. It's not the customer service agents fault of course, it's poor management.

Also ignore any of the messages on the site that say order now, only 1 left etc. These are there as sales tools and bear no relevance to stock levels or when an order will be delivered. Apparently their t&c's allow them to fulfill any order within 30 days, if that's the case then don't lie to me about placing an urgent order, be honest and up front and then I can make an informed decision. I may choose to wait but either way I will not be annoyed.

They are a joke, all the other awful reviews ring 100% true to me just wish I'd read them before I made a purchase. There are lots on here about orders being scheduled for bank holidays then not being delivered, that has just happened to me. All it needs is for the techies building the website to include bank holidays in their automated calendar. That's a simple fix but this is clearly a lazy or incompetent company, avoid them like the plague.
    • vikingaero
    • By vikingaero 21st May 15, 1:39 PM
    • 10,423 Posts
    • 13,109 Thanks
    vikingaero
    Kybotech isn't really an online store. It's more an online brand built by Charles Walton to sound big and reliable. Mr Walton isn't interested in selling sheds. He cares more about his brand than individual customers. We see this all the time with loads of internet companies that claim to be good, optimise reviews, and pay more attention to creating flash websites than on delivery of service.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 31-08-2015 at 9:15 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post
    The man without a signature.
  • russ5198
    Poor Aftersales
    Ordered a Lucia Summerhouse 7` x 7` there was a delay in delivery which i accepted and was willing to wait, communication was good, summer house arrived on re arranged date, no problem. started erecting summerhouse, decent quality for the price around 500, I then started noticed that there were no hinges or door fittings for the door, called the help line, who apologised and sent out the items which i received 5 days later, not a bad service! although they were the wrong hinges and door fixings, called them again, this time they didn't believe me and asked for a photo of the wrong hinges, i refused, as i thought they should know what fixings should go with their products and it was their mistake, i have now been ignored and the replacement parts have not been dispatched, the call center in the Philippines, just tell me the same thing that the items are awaiting dispatch and cannot give me a date , i have called them 5 times, and sent numerous emails all of which are ignored, The helpdesk is no help whatsoever, I am now resigned to the fact that I am not going to to receive these parts and will have to go to B&Q
    • vikingaero
    • By vikingaero 30th Aug 15, 10:03 AM
    • 10,423 Posts
    • 13,109 Thanks
    vikingaero
    Nearly every negative complaint about Kybotech and their stable of brands is about late, late delivery and being lied to. I believe that quite a few years ago Kybotech said to MSE that they were investing and seeking to improve - they haven't done that.

The type of company that Kybotech is concerns me. It reminds me of Nettexmedia/Redsave where the MD's were more concerned with "The Brand" than customer service. Again the MD of Kybotech, (text removed by MSE Forum Team), reminds of the Nettex/Redsave where he concentrates more on the internet brands than the operation of them. I don't doubt that (text removed by MSE Forum Team) is an expert. His websites are very slick, he seems a master of Search Engine Optimisation and he works hard to delete and stifle complaints.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 31-08-2015 at 9:16 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post / Personal details
    The man without a signature.
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 31st Aug 15, 10:58 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 1,626 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    Thread redacted?
    Oh dear, where have the pro-Kybotech posts gone from our new MSE member. What a shame, as he had such an interesting tale about being a coal miner in India, although managing to get home to Sheffield for delivery of a shed and to play football at weekends....
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 31st Aug 15, 11:02 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 1,626 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    For those who missed the comments of 'johnheritage444'
    It is still available in Google cache:-

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Mq0p99ugddAJ:forums.moneysavingexpe rt.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D69066904+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk& gl=uk

Enjoy....
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • Patwolf
    • By Patwolf 5th Sep 15, 9:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Patwolf
    Disaster from Start to NOT even finish!!
    Garden buildings Direct!!
    What can I say I bought a Summer-house for my very ill little Caviler King Charles as she has a brain condition so the hot summer sun flaring down on her does not help... So when I saw these lovely looking buildings, I parted with over 400 (What a BIG mistake!! Have the parts missing with two being the main side window panels, The roof does not join together properly, its a complete mess, there is NO customer service help, they are all aboard services SO enough was enough, telephoned Trading standards, BBC watchdog, and Stopped PAYMENT through Pay Pal under the purchases despite!
    Something Needs To be Done, I have trailed the web and found in excess of well over 1500 Bad entries on them
    "]why is No one doing something!!!
    • waterwhipper
    • By waterwhipper 29th Mar 16, 5:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    waterwhipper
    Oh dear oh dear.

Please avoid this company. Like many here I ordered a building from them, half of it was missing when it turned up, no roof (!) end panels and the floor panels were smashed. The driver phoned through (he was as good as gold) and ordered the parts and said a couple of days. But oh no, that was not to be.....

Three times I confirmed what was missing to be told eventually that I had never contacted them and done so. Then it was going to be 4 days delivery, then that was just an estimate. It went on and on.

I have now cancelled the order and am waiting a refund, despite that not being in line with their terms and conditions. They seem to be under the erroneous impression that their T & Cs supersede UK consumer law. I have also told them I want compensation for the wasted leave from work I have taken to build this outbuilding and the considerable time taken emailing, on hold etc etc. I wait their response with baited breath.
    • lovehottubs
    • By lovehottubs 6th May 16, 5:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lovehottubs
    Summer House "joke"
    Looked everywhere for a Summer house for a reasonable price, found garden buildings direct, the pictures on their website and the way to order was really simple. So I contacted them by phone (the man wasn't very helpful, but still) I ordered a 8x12 "summer house" was ask about flooring, what colour paint I wanted etc, so all good....A few weeks later I get an email saying someone would be calling me to ensure someone was there to accept the delivery....no call....I get home (at 11.30am) I don't work late....Low and behold on my driveway in full public view is my 900.00 "summer house"... now I know it wasn't expensive, and you get what you pay for etc...but 900.00 isn't cheap!.... I'm never brought so much crap in my life!! Nearly ALL the wood is very bowed, nothing fits, there isn't enough screws or nails, the summerhouse don't fit the base, there isn't enough felt for the roof, not that that matters as it cracks when you try to bend it into shape....and as for instructions, also the only roof tacks my husband could find were too big...and has come straight through the roof because it's so thin....can't wait till it rains!!..The "summerhouse" is 8x12 and the instructions are for a 8x8!!...I can't do anything about it now as I brought it a couple of months ago to house a hot tub and couldn't finish it until the tub was installed...so past the period of no return!!...its not a summer house it's a cheap shed!!! Wouldn't buy from them again!
    • pcrich
    • By pcrich 8th Jul 16, 1:23 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pcrich
    Terrible service and repeated moved delivery dates AVOID!
    I ordered a summerhouse costing over 1000 on the 16/6/16 with a delivery date for 30th June I got an email two days before the delivery date saying the earliest delivery was 8th July. (Today). I haven not had any other emails or calls from them and taken the day off today for delivery only to find the delivery date has been changed to 18/7 this morning. You ring customer service to face a wait of over 26 minutes. The person you speak to is clearly in a foreign county and says how sorry he is but provides no answers or excuses. he just keep repeating the delivery date is the 18th July. Their customer service is dreadful I wish I hadn't ordered. search for reviews of garden building direct on the web there are hundreds of customers treated the same way. I wish I had seen them before ordering.
    • claird48
    • By claird48 8th Mar 17, 6:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    claird48
    Bad service
    I have had nothing but problems with this company.
    1. I ordered a metal shed but after I paid and waited a month I was told it couldnt be delivered for three months.
    2. I asked for a refund but it wasnt paid. I had to ring up and remind them
    3. Foolishly I ordered another shed, which arrived with missing parts and on looking at it was not suitable for purpose.
    4. I asked for refund and pickup but have been stymied by the bureaucracy. They have an opaque web site and it is very difficult to use. It doesnt seem to keep a history of transactions either. I had to phone to get any service, But of course that does't leave a history
    DO NOT USE
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 8th Mar 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 1,626 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    oh lawks.
    I have had nothing but problems with this company.
    1. I ordered a metal shed but after I paid and waited a month I was told it couldnt be delivered for three months.
    2. I asked for a refund but it wasnt paid. I had to ring up and remind them
    3. Foolishly I ordered another shed, which arrived with missing parts and on looking at it was not suitable for purpose.
    4. I asked for refund and pickup but have been stymied by the bureaucracy. They have an opaque web site and it is very difficult to use. It doesnt seem to keep a history of transactions either. I had to phone to get any service, But of course that does't leave a history
    DO NOT USE
    Originally posted by claird48
    that is awful. So sorry for you.
    • condlf
    • By condlf 4th Sep 17, 9:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    condlf
    costly mistake
    Ordered a Bella summer house and it was looks nothing like what was ordered. There are numerous holes in the wood that had to be filled with wood putty. The windows broke as they were put in as the plastic windows were seriously thin. Both of the door were the wrong size, they were to big across and too small in height. The wood is very poor quality and cheap wood. Very course and rough looking, tongue and groove was broke and didn't fit together. The floor even though opted for the more expensive was not strong and was quite thin. This summerhouse cost almost 1000 and if I had known about the standard and reviews that are also on another website that are almost every one a bad review I would not of bought from them.

I contacted the company and the only answer they gave was that's unfortunate. That was all the answer and help we got. Also because the summerhouse was now painted and the doors had to be made to fit as customer services was not willing to do anything they told us that it was now not in warranty. Which is a total joke as it needs painting to stop it rotting. Customer services were not even willing to help and stopped answering any questions. The summerhouse I would say is not worth more than 200 at the most.

The website is misleading
    • aaheaton
    • By aaheaton 5th Sep 18, 4:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aaheaton
    PLEASE avoid for you own good!
    Wish you could have 0 stars, one is too good.
    shocking customer services. Delivery drivers who cant read or count, x2 means 1+1=2 not 1. Customer service team are rude and unhelpful. Unable to reschedule delivery due poor website and customer service unwilling to help. On my 3rd delivery and must be nearly hour on the phone. All this before I can attempt to build the shed, lets hope it actually is a shed, wouldnt be surprised if its table, would have quicker to build it out of Lego!!!
    • JeanJeannie
    • By JeanJeannie 6th Sep 18, 1:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JeanJeannie
    Kybotech/Garden Building Design
    Please don't dismiss genuine complaints from customers. We do not have a moan for nothing! This is the WORST company we have ever dealt with, and just wish we had read customer's reviews BEFORE placing an order. When the summerhouse did eventually arrive on 14 June they had sent the wrong size panels for one side of it. The builder couldn't believe how a company could make such a mistake. Perhaps 2 orders were mixed up on the delivery lorry as the driver took ages to deliver the items and he kept taking photos of the packs on the lorry. It soon became obvious that it was really messed up when he started to build. Furthermore the quality was extremely poor with warped beams, broken tongue and groove, broken and cracked panels so we immediately rejected the order as unfit for use. It took weeks before the pile of wood was collected from our garden, meanwhile it had to be covered in case of rain. They did agree to a full refund but unfortunately they insisted on refunding 1,304 directly into our builder's bank despite us warning them that we would not see this money! The builder was having financial problems and he used our money. We still have not received a penny of this refund! At least we were luckier than a lady on Facebook who paid 4,500 for a summerhouse which practically fell apart after less than 6 months, it was such poor quality! The photos she posted clearly showed panels on every side opening up! The company told her they would not refund, it was due to weather conditions, and it was too late for a refund! Compared to her we got off lightly. When we asked for a contact number for their CEO the person on the line hung up! So we did have a genuine complaint but they couldn't care less! Avoid like the plague!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,619Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter