PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    :T Your next purchase will be a dream Phoebe!

RXT - can you arrange some kind of minor injury for your usual solicitor that leaves him out of action for a month or so?

Jealous of black cat, I am a bag of nerves! I just called the broker that we were recommended over Christmas (after doing initial investigations with the capital and country ones) and he told us that he could only get us 100k less than planned?! Cue massive heart attack and checking his homework - 2/10. I went back to capital and country and reiterated that it all looks fine on their books so I think I know who I will go with. If we ever get a memo of sale that is....:mad:
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks FloppyDisk.....I hope so! Hope yours comes good soon!

Congrats black cat :D
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Good luck all I am jumping in here as just seen the thread. I complete on the house I am buying on the 16th and I am so glad!! It always takes longer than you think but will soon all be over for me anyway.

Here's hope 2018 is the year for all moneysavers!!
  • RXT156 wrote: »
    Hellooooo all! I’ve been quiet for a while as nothing was happening but after several calls to solicitors today I found out that my solicitor has gone on holiday for a week...!! But it turns out that the man who is looking after the files for the week has actually returned one of my phone calls (this has never happened before, I’ve always had to chase them) and has proved himself more in a two minute phone call than my solicitor has done in 10 weeks!
    Offer accepted 10th October. All searches/paperwork etc begins. Phones today for an update and the helpful stand-in solicitor has told me that I am awaiting one piece paperwork that was missing. Once that is back we can set completion dates :j yipeee!

I'd be telling them you dont want to deal with the other solicitor and keep in touch with that one ...!
  • Anyone got a list of things that have to be done before you move that i can pinch ...

Call electric supplier, book removals etc ..i am attempting to try and be organised about it !
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    We're in a similar position, can only give notice on 1st of the month so we need to exchange before 1st Feb, then leave a couple of weeks before completion so that we're only overlapping by 2 weeks or so. Still waiting to here back if the Vendors Solicitors are happy with this timescale.

I think we are pretty much there now. The other side have agreed to cover our rent so we can complete in January.

We should hear back today about contracts having been exchanged :T :T

Regards

Mailman
  • mailmannz wrote: »
    I think we are pretty much there now. The other side have agreed to cover our rent so we can complete in January.

We should hear back today about contracts having been exchanged :T :T

Regards

Mailman

Great news! Well done!

We're considering just sucking up the overlap ourselves to get moving quicker, due to our own impatience
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I was going to do that too...but just threw the question at the vendors because the worst they could say was no (as we would have moved anyways).

All worked out in the end which is great :)
  • Thankfully my mortgage offer has been extended for one month - but now my vendors are waiting on a surveyor for a date for building works. Not sure what this is about but very frustrated as before Xmas it was a sudden probate issue and now building works?

Sigh
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    So vexing when things keep dragging on...

Good to see some folks have exchanged though :j Hooray! :j

No news here. Our timeline looks something like this (edited highlights...)

Early July - house on market, accepted offer in a week
    Mid July - buyers sold their house
    9th August - offer accepted on house we're buying
    17th Aug - full mortgage application in
    31st Aug - mortgage amount for £20k less than asked for
    (lots of messing about and arguing)
    11th Sept - new house valued at £0 because land area is bigger than building society limits
    21st Sept - building society FINALLY agreed original mortgage amount after I paid off student loan and had a pay rise
    (lots of messing about with solicitors changing title deeds to get mortgaged amount under the right acreage and arrange to buy the rest for cash - in this period everything else was done, searches back, everyone else ready)
    6th Nov - our full buildings survey done
    9th Nov - finally received mortgage offer :j
    16th Nov - signed all docs with solicitor including mortgage deeds :j
    17th Nov - bottom of the chain (our buyers' buyer) pulled out :mad:
    30th Nov - our buyers found new buyer for their house - all back on :j
    21st Dec - new person's survey done on our buyers' house

And then everything stopped for Christmas... so now we're all just twiddling our thumbs waiting for the new person to catch up. In the meantime, the gas tank has run out on the place we're buying (which is empty) and the sellers have drained the heating system to stop the pipes freezing. It's going to be bloody freezing by the time we finally get there!

Hoping to exchange in January, move early Feb. But then we were hoping to move before Christmas so who knows??

Yawn
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure