Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Bobblehat
    Options
    AVRO emailed me 2 days before my switch to confirm it was already "being processed" and that they will be supplying my energy from the switch date onward. There was a reminder to log in to the AVRO account and supply meter readings on the day of the switch.
  • MothballsWallet
    Options
    Okay, so to recap, I switched to Avro a little while ago and they took over my supply on the 7th October.

So far, so good - I provided readings to them on the 6th November, a day before their cut-off date of the 7th. Checked their website when the monthly statement was prepared and it showed that they'd estimated the readings for the 7th.

This is fine is because they're in the right ball park with my own calculations (I take readings on the first & last days of the month as well and track them on a spreadsheet, which also works out the daily usage numbers).

And I'm currently in credit by about £60, but I'm sure that will change when we get into winter and I've got the central heating on the timed settings :D
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Update on my switch from BG to AVRO.

Still happy with the switch, 2nd DD taken on schedule by AVRO,
    ..... I was in credit on the gas by ~£40 and in debit on elec by ~£18 using these estimated final meter figures.
    ..... The ~£40 credit was paid the day after the email arrived (OK BG - well done) and, as yet, there is no sign of being billed the £18.......

Final £18 debit now taken by BG ...... time for me to check if BG's estimated end meter figures are the same as AVRO's starting meter figures :whistle:
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 November 2017 at 5:28PM
    Options
    I signed up with Avro on Sunday 19th November for their 12 month fixed tariff, Simple and Super. Received a welcome pack that day and asking that I check/confirm both gas and electricity meter point numbers, which I did on the 21st. Received an acknowledgement and thanks two days later on the 23rd. Received an email from the existing supplier on 24th Nov saying they were sorry to see us go etc. Avro have given us notice that they will commence supplying our energy on 20th December understanding that our first DD will be on 10th. So all proceeding as expected to date. Will update again once switch is complete.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    Final £18 debit now taken by BG ...... time for me to check if BG's estimated end meter figures are the same as AVRO's starting meter figures :whistle:

AVRO confirm that the end meter figures used by BG are the same as the start meter figures used by AVRO. These are figures that are calculated by the 3rd party verification system that was explained in an earlier post and are slightly higher than my submitted meter readings. I'm happy with that as it saves a £1 or 2 given that my new AVRO tariff is slightly higher than the old heavily discounted BG tariff that we can no longer get!

Also happy with the fact that the AVRO CS rep said they do not alter the monthly DD according to any monthly submitted meter readings (unless they notice a vast discrepancy!) .... I was intending to submit quarterly readings as I have kept my usage figures from the last 3 years by quarter from my old BG account. I can do a quarterly check to see if I am using more or less than previous years and estimate if my monthly DD's will cover the charges. AVRO say ... no problem with quarterly readings.

All good so far :)
  • alexgreyhead
    alexgreyhead Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 November 2017 at 3:48PM
    Options
    This is the 1-star review I just submitted to Trustpilot's site:

I think I've just had something of a lucky escape with Avro; I chose them from Money Saving Expert's Cheap Energy Club because of a slew of "positive" feedback and was told the switch would be completed mid-November. Two weeks later, I had heard nothing so I emailed, phoned and tweeted at them and finally got a response through twitter that they had cancelled my application to switch to them because I had missed some information when applying online; they claim they e-mailed me and because I didn't reply, they cancelled my application.

Apart from the fact that I haven't received this email from them, they have a policy of taking the first direct debit well in advance of your supply switching to them, and Trust Pilot and other review websites are filled with a slew of people who have had more money debited than necessary.

A significant proportion of these reviewers are saying they are unable to get their money back from Avro, easily or - in some cases I've seen on here - at all.

You are also in trouble if you want to speak to someone by phone, as the company's call centre is only in operation Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, and there are a few reports of frosty or unhelpful phone people, although I thankfully haven't had to go through that myself.

I'm currently with Sainsbury's Energy and, since their customer service has been excellent, I may well sign up for another year with them, even if I pay an extra £5 or so a month...

/Alex
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    AVRO emailed me 2 days before my switch to confirm it was already "being processed" and that they will be supplying my energy from the switch date onward. There was a reminder to log in to the AVRO account and supply meter readings on the day of the switch.

Thanks Bobblehat

My switch is due to happen on 30th. Today I received email from Avro:

"We are pleased to confirm that your switch went smoothly, and we will be supplying your energy from the 30/11/2017.

Please log into your myAvro account and submit an opening meter reading. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us"

Seems to suggest they want my reading now?

I was going to submit readings tomorrow 29th, or early 30th to both Avro & EDF.

Any advice on when is best? Best=least hassle.
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Thanks Bobblehat

My switch is due to happen on 30th. Today I received email from Avro:

"We are pleased to confirm that your switch went smoothly, and we will be supplying your energy from the 30/11/2017.

Please log into your myAvro account and submit an opening meter reading. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us"

Seems to suggest they want my reading now?

I was going to submit readings tomorrow 29th, or early 30th to both Avro & EDF.

Any advice on when is best? Best=least hassle.

I thought AVRO wanted my meter readings a day or two early too, I asked them and they said early on the switch day will do. I think you don't need to submit meter readings to the outgoing supplier .... but I guess it can't harm.

It seems a little irrelevant if they are going to use the 3rd party verified figures - but I'm not complaining if it saves a £1 or 2 :)
  • Bobblehat
    Options
    My experience with joining AVRO recently is almost the exact opposite of alexgreyhead's, in every category they have mentioned .....except I have had no reason to ask for any money back, so can't comment on that one.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I thought AVRO wanted my meter readings a day or two early too, I asked them and they said early on the switch day will do. I think you don't need to submit meter readings to the outgoing supplier .... but I guess it can't harm.

It seems a little irrelevant if they are going to use the 3rd party verified figures - but I'm not complaining if it saves a £1 or 2 :)

Thanks again

I'll send the readings to both Avro & EDF later this afternoon.

I also intend to take photos of the readings, just in case there is any dispute later:p

I'll update thread when I have anything to report, but so far so good:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback