3 tickets 3 cars-my home address

Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
Any advise other than returning these parking fine letters I have been receiving lately.
3rd arrived today.
Total 3 letters 3 different cars 3 different locations (within a few miles)
3 parking fines-no my name -only my home address being used.
I did go to police with 2nd letter a few months earlier and was advised to return as not known at my home address.
Seems very unusual indeed.
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.

Comments

• JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    More info needed.

Who has issued these 'fines'? noting that private companies can only issue 'charges' (otherwise known as speculative invoices).

Do they match the registration of any of your cars?

Do they match the locations of where you have been?

Is it likely to be a scam, with the hope of sending out 20,000 letters and someone gullible biting?
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 10:18AM
    JP1978 wrote: »
    More info needed.

Who has issued these 'fines'? noting that private companies can only issue 'charges' (otherwise known as speculative invoices).

Do they match the registration of any of your cars?

Do they match the locations of where you have been?

Is it likely to be a scam, with the hope of sending out 20,000 letters and someone gullible biting?

No match on my car reg
    No match on my location-though within similar region
    Not exact matches on locations though I have been to most recent town-not the car park in exact location.
    Private parking fines type companies e.g. Parking Eye -being most recent.
    1 name using my home address.
    Not convinced at all that this could be a scam =the locations are all within a few miles of my home and similar region just different towns
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dodgy ANPR misreading plates perhaps?

Do you mean you have received a letter for a car/reg that you do not own?

You need to fight this, not ignore if it's your reg even though you know it wasn't you as they'll quite happily proceed against an innocent driver in the belief their technology is infallible
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Why not try asking in the Parking tickets part of the board?
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    Why not try asking in the Parking tickets part of the board?

Url please
  • Dandytf
    Forumite
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    Dodgy ANPR misreading plates perhaps?

Do you mean you have received a letter for a car/reg that you do not own?

You need to fight this, not ignore if it's your reg even though you know it wasn't you as they'll quite happily proceed against an innocent driver in the belief their technology is infallible

3 letters recently
    3 fines
    3 different plates/cars
    1 name-not me
    1 address-my home address

Any need to worry when it's not my reg or car
  • waamo
    Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Url please

It's at the top of the motoring section. Just look up.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »
    3 letters recently
    3 fines
    3 different plates/cars
    1 name-not me
    1 address-my address

Any need to worry when it's not my reg or car

If they're from private companies, then they are not fines as they do not have the power to fine people (although they try really hard to make motorists think they do).

How long have you been in the house? Any chance its the name of a previous tenant/owner?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • waamo
    Forumite
    If they're from private companies, then they are not fines as they do not have the power to fine people (although they try really hard to make motorists think they do).

How long have you been in the house? Any chance its the name of a previous tenant/owner?

Whilst true a few companies are rather fond of taking motorists to court (if they have a name). Parking Eye are one such company.

Post your question here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    Whilst true a few companies are rather fond of taking motorists to court (if they have a name). Parking Eye are one such company.

Post your question here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Not sure what you point about court is?

PE may very well take court action, but it won't be against the OP - it will be the RK, the same person they've been addressing their invoices to.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure