Tenant problem please help

2»

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd agree with DoaM, but if you can you should remove the poll as it's unnecessary and just gets people annoyed. It's very rare that they add anything to a thread, and in many cases, such as this one, they add nothing at all.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pff!I really couldn't care whether someone adds a poll or not
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    Pff!I really couldn't care whether someone adds a poll or not

Maybe we could have a poll to see who likes them and who doesn't :D
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Maybe we could have a poll to see who likes them and who doesn't :D

I dares ya
  • As an appliance engineer of nearly 30 years, I would say that this is normal wear & tear.

It is ridiculous for a landlord to expect a glass hob top to be in showroom condition after normal usage.

You're putting pans on the top which is going to affect the surface. Have you felt the weight of a filled pan of liquid? Now place that on glass.
    What does your landlord think will happen???
    Scratches and imperfections are fully expected to occur. What on earth does he expect? A completely unused, unblemished condition?

No, this is perfectly normal and I wouldn't expect anything different after that length of time.

Your landlord is trying it on! Tell him you'll get a report done from an appliance repairer to assess if it is misuse or normal wear, and tell him you'll expect him to foot that cost if, as will undoubtedly be the case, it is deemed normal.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863
    Forumite
    Not that this is anything to do with OP's issue but on the forum view, it was telling me the last reply was from whitegoods engineer at 9:39pm. Enter the thread and the last post was 7:38pm.

I did think that perhaps it may be counting poll votes but the last vote cast was for damaged & needs repair while WGEs post content seems to indicate he believes its natural wear & tear.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure