insanely overspending

my bank texted me today to tell me I have 5 grand left in my bank. I had 20 this time last year. I earn 1500/month. I think i really have a spending problem. I spend so much money on stuff, I don't buy super expensive things i just buy something if I want it and i spend a lot on going out and also I am spending lots of money on drugs. I am trying to cut down but I keep doing it, I have a health worker helping me but I am really struggling. I spend like 100 every week on drugs if not more... it is so expensive and I cant afford it.

I pay 600 for rent 200 for my car 15 for my phone bill and other than that I dont really know how much I spend. But my bank account is like the titanic. I'm scared I am going to lose all my money (i know i will) and I dont earn enough to replace it any time soon
I also stupidly lent money to some friends because I had loads of money and could give them time to pay it back. And well they havent really paid itback. and now I'm running out of money. One of my friends owes me about a thousand for drugs I don't know why I even gave it to him in the first place

I dont know what to do or where to go for help please can anyone advise , thanks:)

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 August 2018 at 1:54PM
    Start budgeting properly - money management. I use YNAB to help keep an eye on things, but a spreadsheet is just as good, as long as you incorporate a sound money management method.

Take a look at the MSE Budget Planner. There is a free budget planning spreadsheet on there to get you started!!

Also in the MSE Budget Planner is an insight into the piggy banking method of money management. Take a look at it. It may give you the tools to move forward.

Good luck :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 August 2018 at 2:03PM
    kmb500 wrote: »
    I am spending lots of money on drugs. I am trying to cut down but I keep doing it, I have a health worker helping me but I am really struggling. I spend like 100 every week on drugs if not more... it is so expensive and I cant afford it.

I honestly think this is going to be the root of your issues with overspending - talk about burying the lede!

The best thing you can do is seek further help with this - whatever your health worker is doing isn't really helping. That's £5,200 of overspending a year right there, but arguably I don't think the overspending is the biggest issue there, it's your health and the overspending is a consequence.

Best of luck with beating your addiction.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    And don't lend out any more money. Whether they repay it or not.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • kmb500
    kmb500 Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Start budgeting properly - money management. I use YNAB to help keep an eye on things, but a spreadsheet is just as good, as long as you incorporate a sound money management method.

Take a look at the MSE Budget Planner. There is a free budget planning spreadsheet on there to get you started!!

Also in the MSE Budget Planner is an insight into the piggy banking method of money management. Take a look at it. It may give you the tools to move forward.

Good luck :)
    Thanks, that spreadsheet looks useful I will go through it.
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    I honestly think this is going to be the root of your issues with overspending - talk about burying the lede!

The best thing you can do is seek further help with this - whatever your health worker is doing isn't really helping. That's £5,200 of overspending a year right there, but arguably I don't think the overspending is the biggest issue there, it's your health and the overspending is a consequence.

Best of luck with beating your addiction.
    Thanks mate... it is a pain in the a$e and I know I need to stop but I just keep doing it, it's so dumb.

I have only just started with the whole rehab thing only had 2 meetings with my keyworker so far I feel positive although havent used any less since starting last month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure