PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,155
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Another busy day :)

Woken by DD2 texting me to cal her about 5.15am ! Was slightly confuzzled about what/where/when! She's better than she was yesterday , chatted for an hour!

Lovely dog walk. Just me and my boy and the birds.

Decorator came. Hoovered, washed floors, dusted, hung out 3 loads of washing.

Walked up to friends and had a lovely morning there. Sat in her back garden and ate home grown strawberries. Her puppy is all of a sudden a big dog!

Walked home and met one of the practise nurses from GP who I occasionally dog walk with. Said I was just heading down to pick up a prescription so she said she'd get it and she's put it through my letterbox tonight so that was very kind.

Cut grass. Again!

Walked to T to get ingredients to make tablet . Made tablet and honeycomb tiffin. 3/4 for friend and 1/4 for us! My boy loves tablet and only gets the pan to scrape! Tablet hasn't fully set so may have to make another batch first thing when it's cooler. I've put it in fridge to see if it does anything.

Walked Haggis with friend and old lady dog. He found a football. He ran away in to long grass and came back minus a shoe! But thankfully wasn't too far in ( grass is armpit height) . Then we sat in friends back garden while dogs cooled down and had a big drink.

Did everything on my list of to dos today! Was most impressed with myself.

No idea where I'm sleeping tonight as so much stuff in my room. May just lie downstairs. Girls rooms have been painted/ glossed. Boyos tomorrow.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,018
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    1 Big to do list rather strained with the receiving of 50 pages of solicitor property paperwork suddenly arriving all done, but the time was taken scanning it back in as it!!!8217;s just a 1 page scanner, everything done.
    2 Plants watered, our own garden mowed, slug traps re set.
    3 Animals cleaned out, and our boy medicated and eating his soup with gusto.
    4 Washing loads hung on the line.
    5 House clean.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,112
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Another 2 lbs lost so now 11.5 stones.

3) Work went OK.

4) Birthday tea at mum and dad's - Indian takeaways followed by treacle tart. My brother made me a post box, very useful now we no longer have a porch! We watched half the football there then came home (including my brother) to watch the other half.

5) Just watched another episode of Humans with bigger son.

6) In bed and will listen to the radio now and go to sleep - as I'm old!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR CCP TOMORROW!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning Peeps,

1. Early morning potting up and watering in the garden.

2. Nice parent meeting first thing.

3. Good woopsies in Mr A on the way home. I also got a pretty linen dress, but it is going back, cos it doen’t Look pretty on me.

4. HM cottage pie for tea. DS2 had seconds.

5. More pottering and a fire in the fire pit, while DH played on PlayStation.

6. DH found a programme about Elvis Tribute acts, so we watched that before bed. :rotfl:

Lovely weather again. :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Monday pleasures,

Another hot, sunny day so dress worn.

Capt S working from home so could borrow his car, my air conditioning has decided to not work.

Paddling pool filled so little dog could cool off whenever she wanted.

Over to see horsey girl, we did nothing more strenuous than giving her a groom and cooling wash down, well I say we but I did the work and she fell asleep in the sun :D

Eating evening meal in the garden, we might have had ice-cream for dessert.
  • Again another dollopings of BoP!

V Watched the speedway last night with BoPsie! She forgot who won!
    4 Extra water bowls are out for Raffles. He is flaked out, and not venturing far! I’m looking into Buckface and the exploding petrol tank is doing the rounds again!

3 In a packed lunch box today, BoP has an apple, mini peelers, boiled egg, salad and a bird. A penguin and a club. Proper foods and good for you!

3 BoPsie is booking session in the gym to change my workout. Beach ready now and available for viewing only! Mhags, speedos are in! Nice!

2 Nite I am testing proper fooeds again for yous lot. Prawn Grizzles. More later once recipe is perfected. It is hot!

Having one again today! BoPsie says wes gone all posh! BoP posh! No way, but we has got us a cleaner! Raffles is unaffected.

The next missive from BoP is tomorrow!
  • Sweetcorn and other crops growing in fields.

Seeing a bus on a rural country lane.

Pub lunch. Crab and avocado roll.

My veggies are coming on well. So far so good.

Trashy tv. Sometimes it!!!8217;s enough.
  • Prawn Grizzles are being tested at the moment. Very tasty.

Wait for developments!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ampersand thank you for your kind words.
    Frith happy birthday for yesterday.

For the past two days.
    1. Left work early yesterday as told to leave as too hot. Only about 39 minutes early but much appreciated.

2. Enjoying the sun. I love it.

3. Relaxed in the garden after I had finished the ironing.

4. DS2 cooked saffron rice and chicken. It was good and leftovers for lunch.

5. People fairly calm at work. Much nicer atmosphere
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,155
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello, another lovely day here.

Lovely dog walk first thing. There's a little break in the hedge that I stop at each morning to look through and survey the surrounding countryside and the occasional cow! Haggis got there before me this morning and waited!

I now have 3 painted bedrooms ...yet still have 3 bedrooms worth of stuff in my room, the hall and the bathroom. Pleasure is its done well, cheaper than it would have been if I'd got a firm in ( friends dad retired decorator) and much, much better than anything I could do and I hate gloss!

Phoned flooring place, carpet can't be fitted till Mondsy ( son's room) but we went and picked up floor boards. Apparently they need to acclimatise to house temperature. Is this a real thing?

Popped up to friends house. I'd made her tablet ( bit soft) and honeycomb tiffin slice for a charity thing. Didn't want money as I wasn't happy with tablet but she had also bought me a gift to say thank you which was very kind.

Dropped off old carpet at tip.

Snoozed. Oh my goodness. I just sat down and nodded off .

Sat in garden for a bit and watched Australian Masterchef. Dog lay next to me eating and ice block .

Walked to pharmacy and met a friend so had a chat with her.

Made chicken fajitas for tea. Used up veg and discovered some wraps lurking in the freezer.

Making ice cream again. Had left over honeycomb and strawberries to use up so that's my flavour combo. Just waiting on the custard cooling.

Son is ill with hayfever and using up my oxygen as he cant sit in his room as its painty! Poor thing but I'm inwardly growling at every sneeze and snot!

Right, I'm off to get the ice cream maker on! Have a fun evening.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback