PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Moniker here: in case you missed it in the March challenge I came in at £268.63 under by £1-37! Looking forward to bettering this in April!

Good luck all of you.

M
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    In case any of you missed my question on the March challenge here it is again!

"I have a quick question: just before Christmas I bought a pack of 50 frozen mini sausage rolls which I cooked ready to use at a party after DD2's wedding. However, fewer people turned up than anticipated and so I put the cooked sausage rolls back in the freezer. They have been there ever since. How much longer will they be ok? We have a party for my DH's 60th birthday at the end of July - can I defrost them to use then or will I poison my guests? It's just that I hate to waste anything and don't want to feel that I have to throw them away - though I will of course if there's any danger to health!

Any advice welcome!"

Thanks

Moniker
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had my first spend from my April budget today, £3.24. I treated myself to a whoopise trifle as it's payday and I had a bad day at work, but I also got milk and a cake to take into work (I'm giving a meeting on friday and want to sweeten my audience up!). I'm now determined to have grocery no spend days for the rest of the week :)
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Moniker - personally I think the sausage rolls will be fine but would be interested to hear a reason from anyone why they wouldn't be, iyswim!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Pink, Mrs M & Rosieben :T Thanks for keeping the thread running :A

Mrs M - £320 for April please :)

This should be doable as it's a 4 week month. I came in under for March so I'll think about reducing the spend in May if I come in under this month too. Good luck everyone :D
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £5.77 spent in Mr S this afternoon on fizzy water, 4L milk, bread, cornish pasty, tissues and a whoopsied pasty and whoopsied turkey slices for DH lunches still in date until Saturday. I seem to be doing much better on the whoopsies lately, not huge savings, 50% off today, but things we will eat and sandwhich meat with 2-3 days left on it.

Moniker - I would eat the sausage rolls too but as a veggie my advice might not be right:o
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Spirit_2
    Spirit_2 Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We will try and manage with £400 for April.

It is higher than last month, but we have visitors for Easter weekend.
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    £250 for me please :) thanks very much!

Have just spent £59.98 on meat for the month so will need to take that off my budget
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    have just updated my order on mr t, ive ordered my meals for thurs -thurs plus extra meals that are on offer so they will do for the following week, hopefully ive made a saving somewhere:)
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • missy_dee_2
    Options
    Can I join please? I've been lurking around for a couple of months and think it's about time I sorted myself out! I've read most of March's posts and feel really inspired.

Please put me down for £140 for April. That's for me, OH & two greedy cats.

Strange as this might be I'm really rather excited:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport