Parcel2go.com Loss claim problems

Options

Comments

• Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    I am having my own Parcel2go.com nightmare. See this post:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3071380&highlight=

They were supposed to email me a tracking number by 6pm last night. Needless to say, nothing happened. How can a company be so rubbish?
  • minstrel1607
    Options
    Like many posters I am not having a good time with P2G. I sent a parcel of cookware which I had sold on Ebay and unfortunately it did not arrive. When I contacted P2G they claimed it had been delivered and rejected my claim (I had even paid additional insurance) At my insistance they sent me a scanned copy of the 'signature'. When it arrived, it was clearly not that of the addressee. I pointed this out to them on an on line chat but all I got back was that they had a signature for the delivery! It obviously didn't matter that it could have belonged to anyone! The carrier concerned was HDNL. When I pushed the matter, I was asked to provide a signature of the addressee from either a passport or a driving licence. Totally irrelavant when the signature clearly read a completely different name and also very difficult to obtain from a total stranger whose only relationship to me was a trade on Ebay. I think P2G put as many obstacles in the way of the claim as they can. I have now opted to take my case through small claims.:mad:
  • gavjbrown
    gavjbrown Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    They've been crap for years. Dont know why people still use them when there's others.
  • loztiggy
    loztiggy Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    I too have had to take P2G to small claims, they are utterly dire. Soon as they got the paperwork from the court I got a cheque. They are shameful.
  • mlwood37
    mlwood37 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Parcel2go via TNT picked up 4 parcels containing Ultra Pure H20. They only delivered 3 box fully intact with no problems.

On phoning them they said they had \"Dropped\" the parcel and throw it all in the bin with out my permission. I asked to claim in which I was told to fill out there claim form . I did this then on further chatting to them they said I could not claim because the liquids had leaked which was imposable unless they dropped it and that it was a liquid which they agreed to pick up in the first place and I had to fill out there forms saying it was a liquid.

They then locked me out of my account so I could no longer access it and refuse to deal with me.

They have not only binned my items with out my permission they refuse to refund the cost of the items sent and all so the cost of the items.

On talking with TNT they refuse to help.

Parcel2go are fully responsible with this matter and treat there customer with contempt. If you take out insurance like I did they do not follow it up and they reject you claim. They all so expect you to take a picture of the parcel opened, closed and signed letters. (lucky we did).

parcel2go is a disgrace and I strongly advise you not to use this company. Not only do they rip you off they will not talk with you. They all so change there telephone number regular so you cannot contact them. They brake the long distance trading regulations here in the uk as well.

-=-=-=-=

They may NOT have let me have my insurance back but PaypAL gave me it back ... hahah .. Suckers lets just see what the court has to say now as this will go as evidence as well against them.

Dear ** * * ****,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favour.

We were able to recover 55.57 GBP, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five working days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Parcel2Go.com
    Seller's Email: orders@parcel2go.com
    Seller's Transaction ID: 0GK28558KU0122823

Transaction Date: 29 Jun 2011
    Transaction Amount: -55.57 GBP
    Your Transaction ID: 4XW3506*******
    Case Number: PP-001-366-177-644

Buyer's Transaction ID: 4XW3506*******

So to any one who get ripped off by parcel2go just put in a pay pal claim and you will win and eventually they will lose the right to use paypal ... teach them a lesson for ripping people off ...

=-=-=-

We are all so pursuing them in the small claims court as well for £250.

Why are these guys NOT on watch dog for ripping people off for years. seems only rubbish gets on watch dog.
  • Former_MSE_Alana
    Options
    Hi, Parcel2Go has asked us to post this on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company posts on the forum.
    Hi it really saddens me to read the complaint above. We have tried to explain to the customer involved that the claim was refused for one reason only, and that is that they sent liquids which are on our prohibited list of items. When the customer above sent the liquid the parcel burst and damaged other consumer’s parcels. This means one parcel ends up causing damage to lots of other parcels creating lots of claims. Because claims are statistically rare (< 0.7%), often people do not cover their parcels to the full value. This means other consumers often suffer a large financial loss and it is for this reason we must take a tough line on claims where the contents are liquids.

We don’t want to deny claims because we realise that when things go wrong claiming is traumatic enough without this process resulting in a refusal and when we refuse a claim we lose a customer for sure. However, in this instance, we ask the customer to tell us that they have checked the prohibited items list. We don’t bury this in small print at the end of the process. We put it on screen one when ordering and we ask confirmation on this point only on that page. For us, the bottom line is protecting consumers and we need to ensure people don’t send parcels that end up damaging other consumer’s parcels causing them significant loss. We feel really strongly that we need to protect consumers by being as clear as possible about what we can carry, and what we can’t.

Claims are rare but please be assured that should you have any complaint about any of our claims processes, if you email quality@parcel2go.com we will audit and review any historic claims decision and provide a full management review.

Kindest Regards
    George Iveson
    Customer Service Supervisor
  • jahird
    Options
    I had been having a problem with a Parcel2Go claim for a double buggy that had been damaged beyond repair in transit and if I'd posted a week ago, my post would have been a great long rant. However, I persisted though and once my claim was escalated to the quality team it's been resolved pretty quickly. And credit where credit's due, Parcel2Go have agreed to compensate me the full value of my consignment.
    One lesson learnt though - I hadn't paid the extra £6.50 to cover the full value of the buggy. Given the nature of what I was shipping (i.e. a buggy I use every day) I should have covered it more appropriately. Probably would have made the whole process much easier.
  • jimmy194
    Options
    We posted our laptopwith parcel2go back in August. It all appeared to be going fine. It was collected on time. We presumed it had arrived with it new owner. Until we received an email from the other party advising us they had not received the laptop. On Checking tracking, the parcel never went any further than the courier. We made numerous contacts with parcel2go customer services via their website instant chat, twitter and facebook. Although these been handy tools to make contact with customer services, every time contact was made it felt like it was the first time we had reported the matter and it didnt seem to move any further. The weeks moved on and the parcel remained Lost. Now it comes to the claim. We didnt take out the extra insurance. we wrongly believed that because your sending an item that will be tracked throughout its journey it will be safe. We learned the hard way. Just because an item is been tracked it is far from safe. I could understand in some circumstances parcels been damaged but for a parcel as big as it is vansihing without trace with no explanation....... I can only presume what could of happened to it. The claim moved on. Numerous emails, chats etc and finally now parcel2go (George Iveson) has agreed to make a goodwill payment. All I can say. post your parcels without extra insurance at your peril.
  • Lucy_X
    Options
    I ordered the courier service via parcel2go to ship my suitcases from Cambridge to London last month, and three of them went missing! After the initial enquiry, I was told that the suitcases were lost and was asked to make a claim. As soon as I submitted all the evidence they asked for, they rejected my claim saying that the exterior packaging was not adequate! It sounds all ridiculous as all my suitcases were wrapped around with the belts. After several emails and phone calls with them, they simply ignored my case and stopped offering me any help on that. Anyone else had similar problems or any advice on that?
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Lucy_X wrote: »
    I ordered the courier service via parcel2go to ship my suitcases from Cambridge to London last month, and three of them went missing! After the initial enquiry, I was told that the suitcases were lost and was asked to make a claim. As soon as I submitted all the evidence they asked for, they rejected my claim saying that the exterior packaging was not adequate! It sounds all ridiculous as all my suitcases were wrapped around with the belts. After several emails and phone calls with them, they simply ignored my case and stopped offering me any help on that. Anyone else had similar problems or any advice on that?

What has packaging got to do with a missing item ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure